FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anti County Feeling on CTO

dougal

Ok County are our local rivals and we obviously want to be the more successful team but I just don't understand the constant anti county jibes by the majority of members on CTO

It's got to a level now that I'm convinced there are a lot of posters on here that would rather see County get beat than see ICT win. To me that's a crazy scenario and a very small minded yokel type of attitude if I'm being honest

Whether we like it or not ICT and County need each other in the same league regardless if it's in the SPL or SFL

Wishing relegation or downfall on them is a sad reflection on ourselves and CTO,let's get behind OUR team next season not turn it into a Ross County hatefest

Dougal

FWIW I think there are many posters on here who have wished RC the best. I've got nothing personal against them as one of my friends plays for them.

I find it a bit rich coming from you who constantly uses the word orc. Are u saying it's ok to throw abuse at one team but not another?

In a nutshell dry your eyes and quit talking pish.

EDIT - autocorrect

Edited by fraz

All for County staying up next season as long as they are below us in the league.

Just hope the Derby games will not be a let down. Dont think they will be but we have had a lot of damp squibs this season with teams of lesser ability than ICT. Rephrase that! teams with less potential than ICT.

• Agree 1

Ok County are our local rivals and we obviously want to be the more successful team but I just don't understand the constant anti county jibes by the majority of members on CTO

It's got to a level now that I'm convinced there are a lot of posters on here that would rather see County get beat than see ICT win. To me that's a crazy scenario and a very small minded yokel type of attitude if I'm being honest

Whether we like it or not ICT and County need each other in the same league regardless if it's in the SPL or SFL

Wishing relegation or downfall on them is a sad reflection on ourselves and CTO,let's get behind OUR team next season not turn it into a Ross County hatefest

Dougal

:slapme:

we 8 county, but if we are one of the teams who decide to relegate Rangers Newco to the third, we have our ready replacement in terms of gate money with the caravan men. No one else in the spl will be glad to see them, but if Rangers do go down, it will be important they stay in the spl with us, as three seasons without Rangers in the spl will be hard financially, especially when the tv money gets negotiated.

Without Rangers, the money will be better divided, but whats better, 5% of £10m or 10% of £4m. Scottish football faces one of its biggest crossroads today, with the spl decision on what do do with Rangers. Punt them out and Kilmarnock, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Aberdeen are up sh1t creek. Ourselves, St J, St M, Mothers and Celtic would have to make very serious decisions about the budgets over the next 3 years.

Steven Thompson at Dundee Utd has said that Rangers going down will probably cost them one million a season, so that is similar budget cuts to when we got relegated.

The SPL has a major major decision to make, and if they make one for their own interests they face a backlash of the fans, wanting to boycott the games,

Dougal, wanting county to get beat when they are your closest rivals is not unusual. What Man Utd fan yesterday would have loved their closest rivals to win. Not very many, only one place in the UK where that may be a false statement - LIVERPOOL and EVERTON, as its the friendliest rivalry anywhere.

Why dont you just come out of the caravan and admit you are a Jailman, as all you ever seem to do is criticize the club, the players, the management, the stadium, the fans and anyone positive about the team. You are even worse than someone against the merger a generation ago. Go on your team done well this season :clapping:

Dougal, wanting county to get beat when they are your closest rivals is not unusual.

Bauhaus I know that my point is there are a lot of fans on here that would rather see County get beat than ICT win there is a difference

I've gone on record before but I'll say it again I will be attending both the Caledonian stadium and Victoria park next season although I won't be getting a season ticket for either as I'm going to pick and choose my games

Dougal

for the majority of ICT fans that i know there is a friendly rivalry between ICT and RC, I'm like a lot of other ICT fans who are happy that RC got up to the SPL because it strengthens football in the Highlands. While I am happy to see them in the SPL, i am not a supporter of RC and every time we play them i want to end them back over the bridge with their tail between their legs just as RC would relish giving us a beating.

I actually think RC fans dislike us more than we dislike them due to our faster ascent up the leagues, that comes with a natural geographical rivalry however we are by no means anywhere near comparable with the vast array of rivalries that exist throughout Scotland and England

I certainly dont think anyone on here is anti-county as such, just that as a rival team there comes banter, wanting to beat them and a strong urge to mock whenever possible

"Hate" is totally the wrong word....I don't "Hate" anyone, heck I probably wouldn't even class C*unty as a dislike.

They are rivals/rival fans who you set out to wind up purely for that reason. It doesn't extend beyond football and there's absolutely no malice in it.

Sorry Dougal, you make no sense. ICT have survived more than capably without County for the last decade or so (bar 2009-10).

At the end of the day they are our rivals, people treate rivals in many different ways. Cheeky jibes, constant insults or some may simply show them respect either way your not going to get everyone to feel the same as you.

Agreed with Libero. They defnitely dislike us more. As County were making their promotion push Terry Butcher was in the papers lavishing praise on Adams and that he backed them to win.

We got no such support from them when we won back in 2010.

for the majority of ICT fans that i know there is a friendly rivalry between ICT and RC, I'm like a lot of other ICT fans who are happy that RC got up to the SPL because it strengthens football in the Highlands. While I am happy to see them in the SPL, i am not a supporter of RC and every time we play them i want to end them back over the bridge with their tail between their legs just as RC would relish giving us a beating.

'I actually think RC fans dislike us more than we dislike them due to our faster accent' up the leagues, that comes with a natural geographical rivalry however we are by no means anywhere near comparable with the vast array of rivalries that exist throughout Scotland and England

I certainly dont think anyone on here is anti-county as such, just that as a rival team there comes banter, wanting to beat them and a strong urge to mock whenever possible

They are a bit slow right enough.

as far as I am concerned, its a geographic rivalry based on proximity, nothing more, nothing less. I dont hate them (except for the days we are playing them), but I also dont like them. I have already congratulated them on winning the league, they did it on merit and it was deserved.

However, it will not stop me ripping the pish at every conceivable opporchancity, and I would expect nothing less from the County fans in return !!! Its called banter, and I look forward to plenty of it next season on here and elsewhere.

Wonder if County Air will make a re-appearance ???

When it comes to wider geographics, I am also happy for there to be two teams from the Highlands in the SPL as that gets right up the nose of a few folk down south (something that Robbo loves winding them up about too) .... thats another geographic rivalry, but this time, one where we can actually side with county to wind up the likes of Chick, whose insular paisley patter(ned) comments are frequently more offensive to me than the dingwall Gudgies.

• Agree 4

Dougal you know I'm nice..but this time ..behave yourself. :shrug:

If they stay up it's great for Highland football and will encourage all the youngsters from Portree to Kirkwall to work hard and have something to aspire to.

One day, and the Seer can see it coming , ICT and County will merge.....something like inverness County Thistle. :canada:

It really doesn't matter if they are in the 1st Div, 2nd Div or Prem, it doesn't change anything - they are still Travelling Barstewards and the more hidings we give them the better :whip:

• Agree 1