FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Home Games

ICTBTTH

Now thats original! why hasn't anybody asked this question before? How about Ba Ba Black Sheep?

Sandy, you are a complete ****** sometimes!

ictbetterthanthehighlands has only made 14 posts on this site which would suggest he/she doesn't really know what has been posted before and doesn't deserve your sarcasim. 

In all honesty I think we do need some sort of tune to get the crowd going... when you hear Celtic/Liverpool in Europe erupt when "you'll never walk alone" comes over the tannoy it does make you think how little history we have at ICT

I would go with Ring of fire... Johnny Cash, they did play it once before a match (can't remember the game) but wasn't very loud!

I've said this before, but for the benifit of those new to the site, I'll say it again. What is needed is a tune that is synonymous with the highlands. Something that is easy to learn and sing, not too long in words, but can be recognised by other team fans as being the song for ICT. Find the tune, write the words, put a band together to record it and hey presto.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Highland Cathredal Alex, with Ba Ba Black Sheep on the flip side for my pal Dirty Harry.

And btw Alex I do know the severe injuries caused by falling from high bunks, I should tell you of the arrogant wee Italian on the Bouri Platform in Libya but thats another story......................................

Ok, got the tune. Just need the right words to it now.

I'll start it of:

Bla, Bla, Blackie

When ye gonna score

Ye've only managed one

Since ninety four.

For the buffs out there Ian Black scored one goal for us last season. According to the official site his last goals were for Cowdenbeath in the 94-95 season. He must have been about nine or ten then.

What about a wee Runrig number.

Maybe "Hearts Of Olden Glory" or if we're looking for something a wee bit more stirring "Rocket To The Moon"

"Killiecrankie" by The Corries would be another that would certainly get me going !

If we are going for Runrig, why not pick something like Loch Lomond?

That was actually my first thought, would be superb.

As a fully paid up member of the Tartan Army I can vouch for the fact that there is nothing like it, truly brilliant.

I suppose the reason I didn't mention it was that it's almost owned by the T.A. but who says ICT can't have it too.

I'm for it !

i think a song thts played and recognised on the tannoy is a great thing. i remember being at tannadice and i couldnt quite catch wat it was but when they scored it had the whole stadium rockin whic is quite somethin considerin there was only about 4 or 5 thousand of them. even the wee ones wer singin

wat about rock and roll nights by kiss

What about:

Here we go here we go here we go,

Here we go here we go here we go-o,

Here we go here we go here we go,

Here we go-o, here we go. . . .

It's an inspirational song about advancement, moving ahead. It's forward-looking, optimistic and uniting.

Just the job, I reckon!

i noticed some1 mentioned loch lomond not sure who it was but mayb we can change the words a bit to suit the location so to speak.  wat bout this

you take the high road

and ill take the low road

and ill b in sneckie before ye

coz me n the caley

will see many a goal

on the bonnie bonnie banks of the north stand.

Probably not appropriate due to its connotations with another team but Pete MacKenzie (known to many of you as Calum's brother in law) wrote a full set of alternative lyrics to another well known tune .... can vaguely remember the chorus

low lie the fields of Longman Drive

where once we watched the I-----C-T play

Through the wind and the drizzle, we will follow Caley Thistle

at the fortress on the fields of Longman Drive

Wolfstone - Battle does it for me - always enjoy that tune, Travis - 'why does it always rain' was another good one that everyone sang when we beat Hearts at Tynie a few years ago ... but the obvious one is Frankie Miller's 'Caledonia' if we can change the lyrics to incorporate 'thistle' as opposed to just 'caledonia'