FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

www.urbarred.com - Inverness Pub Review website

Guest LadyChatterly

Guest LadyChatterly

Hey folks,

www.urbarred.com is a dubious new website started by hardened Invernessian drinkers where you can read reviews of (we think) every pub in Inverness, rate them yourselves, and comment on the reviews that have been written by guys who run the site.

It's just a new site so help it get off the ground and let us know what you think.

Cheers!

Will I get Stabbed?

Inverness is pretty small and has the best crime record of Scotland's cities. There are a few junkies and neds around, but if you're reasonable careful and don't venture down to the Ferry, you're likely to be able to make it home without ending up in Casualty.

The site lets itself down with statements such as the above.  I feel safer when down the Ferry than I do in a lot of other parts of town.  I've had more trouble going through places like Drakies, Crown and Scorguie than I have ever had whilst down the Ferry.  In fact, it is my experience that you get more bother in some of the "more affluent" areas of Inverness than you ever get in the so called "rougher" areas of town.

And before you ask, I'm not from the Ferry and I have never lived there.  It may appear a little rough around the edges, but I think it gets a lot of unjustified bad press and a website which is suppose to be promoting the city (or at least it's nightlife) should really be a little more responsible about what it says....wether it's intended as a joke or not.

Bakoo

The young pretender to G's. Its pretty much got the same class of people and the only difference is you sometimes have to wear shoes and pay £8 to get in.

Plays nowt but chart and "commercial" dance music so your hardcore clubber types despise it with a vengence.

On a typical weekend the highest entertainment you'll get here is the chance to laugh at Caley Thistle or Ross County players acting like wideboys.

:015: :015: :015: