FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Burley speaks about Butcher.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was just having a wee glance at todays papers and happened to have come across an article where George Burley talks about Butcher, it is in the Scottish Sunday Mail.

George was more or less saying that if Terry helps get us into Europe, he'll be a man in demand in England.

It is well worth a read guys :).

Terry Butcher will be Headhunted from the Daily Record and Sunday Mail

Good article Mahonio  Burley talks about experience being a great asset, and without meaning to be harsh, I was just thinking that with Mark McGhee being sacked, and George Burley off the boil, experience isn't everything. 

TB has been able to bring in almost every player in the squad.  How important is that?  Depends on the situation but perhaps TB is an acquired taste for certain players, and that's what has been his achilles heel at other places...just imo.

Why would TB want to leave, unless it's for a plum premiership job.

Terry Butcher has been given time and he's achieved something at Inverness akin to what he done at Motherwell. Low fanbases, low budget, lots of youngsters etc. At both clubs he has taken all those on board and built successful teams. He's gone to places where there was money to spend, where there was meddling chairmen and where there was decent fanbases and he's failed.

To me Terry is someone who gets his satisfaction from taking youngsters and making them footballers, with the help of a few experienced players, Someone who can, given time, mould a player into his system. I think that is the aspect of the game he loves and the proof is after a game we have won. Terry is elated and unafraid to display his emotions. Unafraid to stick out his chest in a 'thats my boys' kind of way. Thats his way, thats his type of players and thats where he's most successful. Terry Butcher would not be happy at a big club with wads of cash to spend on players.

• Agree 1

I have asked TB permission to share this as it was originally said in our therapy sessions but we feel that it may allay the anxieties of many. TB feels "at home" in the veritable solitude and privacy of his wee retreat in Abriachan where he can chill and undertake the type of "ordinary" day to day activities (walking the dugs) that he would never be able to carry out in a more demanding job and in an environment frequented by snappers of a more "paparrazi" manner. He has chosen a life and he is determined to make a success out of his job whilst also enjoying his personal and private life.

He evidently wishes to take ICT as far as he can. He may not openly admit it but he yearns fer the notoriety of taking such a wee team in to a European competition, attain a place high enuff in the SPL to satisfy that goal and especially to bring a trophy back to parade through the streets of Inversneckie. On acheiving that he may feel that there is no higher goal to achieve. But he then plans to remain in the haven of Abriachan and hope that he can enjoy a double existence in being a part time Director of football at the TCS and utilising his undoubted charisma to move back in to the media circus.

And I am also reliably informed by my Balmoral mole that the names of Mr Terence Ian Butcher and Mr David William Moyes are serious candidates for an OBE award in 2013.

ITFC 25/10/2012 : Blues legend Terry Butcher says he knows nothing about speculation that he has spoken to Town regarding the management position vacated by Paul Jewell yesterday.

The Inverness Caledonian Thistle boss said: "It's one of my old clubs, the club I started playing football with, so it's nice to be mentioned in terms of that, but that's all it is, just paper talk."

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Terry Butcher has quashed claims that he is poised to become the new boss of Ipswich Town.

Reports have claimed that the 53-year-old has been in contact with the Championship outfit following the departure of Paul Jewell.

"It's one of my old clubs, the club I started playing football with, so it's nice to be mentioned in terms of that but that's all it is, just paper talk," said Butcher.