FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mikey diamond

maimie

Sad, sad news. Gem of a bloke and a great Caley Thistle man. Will be especially missed on away days. I kind of understand where the club are coming from here, but if there is a "one mikey diamond" song, I'll be joining in. RIP.

• Agree 1

Really sad news.  I hope this is marked in some way tomorrow, whether it's a silence or a chant - which I think would be really fitting.  I'm sure a few of us in the Caley Club will be raising a glass to him too.

• Agree 2

Such sad news, I can recall speaking to him in the  Cairngorm,  watching  the County v United cup final on TV, although he is an ICT fan he still wanted the Highland team to win the cup.

As a fellow fan, I would be happy to pay for something like Mikey Diamond Forever to be added to his flag, or something similar, or to pay towards it as a group thing.

I doubt the club would allow an official minutes silence and think an unofficial one would be ruined by the ones not aware.

A one minutes applause at  5 to three  or on the whistle perhaps and it would be an honour to cheer on the Caley in his name for tomorrows game. 

• Agree 1

He was such a nice man. Away games won't be the same anymore without Mikey. R.I.P

Yea I agree. He's gonna be a big miss at away games n on the bus.

• Agree 1

Sad, sad news. Gem of a bloke and a great Caley Thistle man. Will be especially missed on away days. I kind of understand where the club are coming from here, but if there is a "one mikey diamond" song, I'll be joining in. RIP.

I'm the same. He was a great man and I will miss him on the bus at away games. If there is a chant for mikey il be joining in to

• Agree 1

From Telford Street in his youth right up to pre Charlton, not many games missed.

It's funny there's a thread about Drew's flag, Mikey's was religiously unfurled every week.

If any fan deserves a respectful minute it's Mike, hope the club take all comments on board.

Will be sadly missed in the Caley Club, RIP matey.

• Agree 1

Mikeys a big loss, i worked with him for over 4 years at the taverna, and our Sats were a rush finishing service at 2 and him,me and toni used to rush upto all home games then back for 5.30 service lol.We all chipped in for that infamous flag everyone accosciates him with ,its just we tailed of going and Mikey kept it up so took the taverns flag to every game

• Agree 1

Thanks I.C.T fans for all you kind words on MICKEY DIAMOND. you are all truly amazing as a Celtic fan I have to say HAIL HAIL to you all. I'm Mickey Diamonds friend in Aviemore my name is Toni. Mickey was I.C.T no 1 fan he loved your club with an incredible passion . I remember with great fondness (SUPER CALEY GO BALLISTIC CELTIC ARE ................ WELL YOU ALL KNOW THE REST). How proud he was at beating my beloved club and what crack we had.

NOW THE THING IS I'VE GOT MIKEYS FLAG . AND I KNOW HE WOULD WANT YOU THE FANS TO HAVE IT TO CONTINUE THE STORY. SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO WITH IT ?. WHO WANTS IT?. WHO DO YOU SUGGEST I PASS THE FLAG ONTO?..

It's intierly up to you all . SHOULD I GIVE IT TO THE CALEY CLUB?.

Just three condition --- THE FLAG HAS TO FLY AT EVERY HOME GAME . IT HAS TOO BE IN THE SAME PLACE MICKEY PUT IT. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AFTER IT WITH PASSION REAL PASSION.

So I.C.T U TELL ME . ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FROM ALL IN AVIEMORE AND FROM MIKES FAMILY.

THERE'S ONLY 1 Mickey Diamond .

• Agree 9

Well does anyone have the passion and commitment to keep the flag flying or do we think it should rest now thsat Mikeys gone?

I'm not sure that all the young uns come on CTO. Maybe we should consult a bit further and wider to see if someone is up for thie task?

I have just realised who mickey was. We used to stop off in Aviemore for him....and his sidekick (Bob The HEad) back in the old Caley Highland League days, when we would have an away game in the scottish cup. Dont think i had seen hi again since them days tho. Very sad news and may he Rest In Peace

Mikey's funeral today was an extremely good expression of how his family, his many friends and also his ICT friends, really held him in high regard.  The Humanist service was a true reflection of Mikey's life and Toni (from La Taverna in Aviemore) spoke so well and moved most of us to tears (but there was laughter too, anecdotes aplenty).  Great to see so many ICT colours on show and also a white and blue football shaped wreath on his coffin.  I am sure there would have been more stories told about Mikey in the Caley Club afterwards.  An amazing day and a fitting farewell to Mikey.   

• Agree 11