FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tom English in todays BBC Scotland Website

Dargo20

With three minutes left of normal time a roar went up from the Inverness end that would have curdled the blood of every Don at Celtic Park.

When Andrew Considine wrestled Richie Foran in the Aberdeen box there was an expectation of a penalty. It happened down the end of the ground where the Inverness fans were housed. Under their noses. They could smell victory.

Penalty!

GOAL !

Final whistle!

Inverness's glory. Aberdeen's pain. Again.

The collective howl fell on deaf ears. Steven McLean waved play on. Foran screeched in protest but to no avail. Foran was right, McLean was wrong. It should have been a penalty. It should have been an opportunity for Inverness to go a goal up with time almost done. It should have been, but it wasn't. Football is a cruel, bloody game.

• Agree 5

And I will limit my posts to this thread. For all the negatives being spurned that moment spoilt our day. That was as good an ICT support as I have ever witnessed. That was as good an effort from an ICT team as I have ever witnessed. Tactically that probably was the team, system and the tactics to deploy against Aberdire. And look at the substitutions - were they negative. As fer McKay he made some brilliant off the ball runs but our midfielders always looked for a sideways pass instead of looking up. What we need and what Yogi wants is a more traditional centre forward.

• Agree 1

. What we need and what Yogi wants is a more traditional centre forward.

Instead of one that is a proven goalscorer? not many of them around on our budget. We/Mckay were scoring goals under the previous system, had our highest ever finish why change that.

Preferably wee Billy AND a traditional centre forward so we have a lot more options. The problem was starting before the narcissist left becos other clubs had Sussed as and we were totally predictable. I reckon that if we had played the previous system at the weekend that we would have been taken to the cleaners. It is a case of horses for courses.

Preferably wee Billy AND a traditional centre forward so we have a lot more options. The problem was starting before the narcissist left becos other clubs had Sussed as and we were totally predictable. I reckon that if we had played the previous system at the weekend that we would have been taken to the cleaners. It is a case of horses for courses.

I do agree that we were becoming predictable, but not so sure we would have been taken to the cleaners with Pawlett out and Hayes being taken off early, yes perhaps if we had played Yogis 4-4-2 but I think under the previous system we are a match for anyone and personally I would have preferred to stick with that until after the final. The players were used to that system and Billy thrived in it, take away his goals, which have happened and we offer very little in terms of an attacking threat. 

How about Scott Hogan from Rochdale?? 19 goals this season and still only 21. Could be exactly what you are talking about. Just an opinion...

How about Scott Hogan from Rochdale?? 19 goals this season and still only 21. Could be exactly what you are talking about. Just an opinion...

Is he available for free? Because if not, it wouldn't happen.

As fer McKay he made some brilliant off the ball runs but our midfielders always looked for a sideways pass instead of looking up. What we need and what Yogi wants is a more traditional centre forward.

What we need is for our midfielders to look up a bit more.

I go along with IHE, we were sussed out on the old system and that's when the goals dried up, Butcher knew this too and also knew he had no other options to give the lads so grabbed the chance to go to Hibs. Yogi is different he hasn't tried to force a new system on the lads, he has played along with them and is gradually giving new dimensions to the team.

He is not a rusher he is calm, knows football, weighs up his players carefully and I am sure he will lead this club to great achievement.

Billy does need the help of a productive centre forward and I dont think it will be too long before we get one. Yogi will be patient and that patience will be rewarded.

• Agree 1

Is he available for free? Because if not, it wouldn't happen.

Ah, that old chestnut.... Small investment could reap big rewards.