FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Communication by the club

ammac

This subject has been mention in a number post on different threads therefore I thought it possible needs its own thread. Personally I think the club is trying to improve its image but it is nowhere near the level it needs or should be. 

The Facebook pages, twitter feed etc go days without any updates. We live in 24/7 society that demands interaction and stories with a “personal touch” numerous times a day, every day. Simple stuff like, what do the players think of beards in the dressing room? Any Fun stuff, pictures of training, Yogi cycling to work in the snow. The only reason I know he has a bike, is a friend on Facebook put up a photo of her kids at the stadium with Yogi and his matching helmet. What’s the Inverness Caledonian Thistle Community Development’s boys up to today? Even who’s turn is it to make the tea. Any rubbish is better than no post. 

The club needs to reach out with positive comments and actions to non-football supporters and Facebook etc can do that. I am not saying for a moment that Yogi and the boys need to stop training and start tweeting. However the club needs to allocate a lot more resources to this.

Forget all this highland rubbish about “staying under the radar” and complaining about the poor levels of the crowd. These are negative and boring.

Let’s puff out our chests and scream on every media simple "We are ICT and we are coming".

Would be happy to meet you, take you through what's done at the club and discuss your ideas.

^ Means Business

Just to add another opinion to this probably soon-to-be-deleted thread, I think we should get some goal music which isn't pish.

I concur...was thinking Magic Roundabout might be a fun one to use.

Disagree totally because Dougal might think it was in his honour :laugh:

On the OP... the principal business of a professional football club is to perform on the park and the principal purpose of its communications department should relate directly to that. In my view, nonsense about players' beards and so on is totally irrelevant. I do wonder if the OP is a wind up and perhaps the quote from it which epitomises its downright silliness is - Any rubbish is better than no post. 

On the other hand this was presumably the principal thinking of the orifginal poster when he started the thread.

The odd feature kind of thing would be okay, but too much would become overkill.  On the whole, I feel that the ICT Twitter page is fine on the whole (apart from when they hand it over to some South American commentator to announce that we've scored!).  Constant never-ending candy floss stuff though would get boring after a while and would eventually become really scraping the barrel.  I also can't be the only one who simply doesn't care about what the players like.  I have as much interest in what the players think of beards as I do what Raven has for dinner and at the same time I care even less what Lewis Horner's favourite player is!

'Anything is better than nothing' is simply not true and if anything less is more at times.  I would like to have at least some updates on things like Brill and Foran's injury but that's what you'd expect from an official account.  It can't be that confidential (Chris Hogg had a whole blog on it for example) and it'd be nice to let the fans know at least some updates as to what's going on in that regard.

Edited by Renegade

Yogi said in the Highland News that Brill has something minor wrong with a bone in his knee, but he wants to train and is walking fine. Hopefully he's back soon.

As the OP I should point out that I don't understand twitter and today was the first day in 2015 I have looked at my Facebook page. All I was suggesting was a couple of post a day on Facebook even if they are not directly football related. While I love football I have no interest in footballers, their beards or their knees. However there are thousand of people who are. Big brother etc. If we can get people interest in ICT who aren't football people maybe they will come to the games. Win win.

My motivation in this post was in a week were everything in the papers and on this forum was negative. It is all about who is leaving etc. Who is **** off at the club.

I think at times the club needs to get in front of stories. Tomorrow we are in the last sixteen of the greatest cup competition in the world, in the tie off the round, the two jags go head to head. Why is that not what everyone is talking about. Why not even a story about a 1million impression a month.

Do I have the answers, no. Do I think I know the answers, hell no.

I believe the marketing the club needs to be controlled by the club. There needs to be strick boundaries to protect not just the club but all the staff at the club. Any marketing should not get in the way on the main business wining football games, merely a sideline.

PS I have enjoyed all the post, we have had nice artwork slacking me off, music suggestions and a YouTube video which I can't get out off my head. A warning would have been nice! Yogi interviews will never be the same again!

It's a pity our Twitter doesn't cover Development League games. Even if we're the home team, any line-ups, scorers and updates are to be found on the opposition's Twitter!

Again, it's a matter of resource....and planning that resource around an ever changing match schedule.

We used to tweet from the home matches, but as soon as the SFA started insisting on evening games in brighter months and then winter weather set in, meaning matches started getting shifted around (location, date & times) then it became impossible for volunteers to maintain their commitment to assisting.

• Agree 1

I'm about as far away from a happy clapper as you can get but our Twitter feed is very good at both responding to queries and posting match updates (the odd bit of cringe aside) as demonstrated by it winning an award recently. Not sure two posts on facebook a day about how Russel Latapy likes his tea or whether Richie's Mrs cuts his sandwiches into triangles or rectangles will improve morale within the support.

Maybe the Groundsmen could get involved too. Things like how high does the grass have to grow before they cut it and is the woodwork really made from wood these days? But seriously I think our media team do a great job with their unpaid, voluntary work. One thing I will agree with is updates on player injuries would be a welcome addition especially those with long term problems like Richie Foran. I think overloading the FB and Twitter feeds with any old tittle tattle will drive fans away from these feeds. 

I'm about as far away from a happy clapper as you can get but our Twitter feed is very good at both responding to queries and posting match updates (the odd bit of cringe aside) as demonstrated by it winning an award recently. Not sure two posts on facebook a day about how Russel Latapy likes his tea or whether Richie's Mrs cuts his sandwiches into triangles or rectangles will improve morale within the support.

Only joking of course

post-25-0-95248900-1423294362_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-39226700-1423294372.jpg

• Agree 3

To be fair the OP has a point.

Car-crash reality entertainment is big business. Millions of people watch tosh like Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex, Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Keeping Up With The Kardashians etc.

Even Liverpool FC got in on the action with 'Being Liverpool'.

So whilst the spectacle of a football club trawling the depths of' lowest-common-denominator' content for traffic may be unedifying to the purists, it would probably work.

Edited by AlexJones

Listen, like the OP i'm not that great with twitter. I only figured out how to connect my phone to wi-fi ten minutes before kick off, after the swiftest pint ever in the bon accord with my weegie dwelling daughter. The signal was so weak that it wouldn't upload photos (the plastic whistle media guy said "don't worry pal, it drops out all the time!!) Then nearly ran out of battery because I'd listened to music on the feckin A9 (again) The panic. Still, got that done then let Andycam get his stuff together and carry four bags of kit whilst I find out who the papers want to patronise/ interrogate and find Scotty Kellacher so he can round the players up. This is generally as easy as herding cats. Then we set up and interviews get sort of done. Andy then gets techie & geeky on the way up the road and uploads the stuff to you tube when there aren't things like mountains in the way. This can be challenging. Anyhoo, we do it because we feckin love doing it and if that makes us cringy at times, that's the way it goes. It also makes us enjoyed and followed by more of jock tamson's bairns than I thought possible.

Then we get home at some late hour and I begin my journalist training course by soaking myself in whatever drink is available. Large red wine thanks, seeing as you are asking. BTW, does anyone know where my wife is? I haven't seen her since Friday...........

• Agree 3