FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

update on don cowie

Jaggy666

just incase any of you were wondering, don cowie signed for us at 5pm yesterday but NOT on a pre contract which was first talked about.  i know this because i was told by one of his family members, thinking it will be confirmed by the club tomorrow.

dont really see the reason in his signing as i dont think he is good enough for this level and also dont know where he will play but ict have a reputation of gettin the best out of former gypsos :024:

I remember some County fans at the end of last season saying they didn't care if Rankin left, as long as they held onto Cowie. Then again, these are the same fans who worshipped the likes of Frank Escalon, Karim Boukra and Tassos Venetis - while hounding the likes of Owen Coyle, Roy McBain and Richie Hart out of Victoria park.  :024: Maybe not what you'd call 'switched on' fans up there.

dont really see the reason in his signing as i dont think he is good enough for this level and also dont know where he will play but ict have a reputation of gettin the best out of former gypsos :024:

He certainly didn't acieve much on Saturday..... I thought Shuggie Robertson looked a more accomplished player.... :024:

Just spotted this article on Teamtalk.com:

Caley line up Cowie transfer

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have signed Ross County captain Don Cowie on a pre-contract agreement.

The 24-year-old, whose contract at Dingwall expires in May,

has been with the First Division club for seven years and will follow former County team-mate John Rankin into the Inverness midfield.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett revealed: "We met Don after our game with Celtic and he agreed terms.

"We notified County before we spoke to Don and have today intimated to them that a pre-contract agreement is in place."

Depends on what kind of fee C*unty were asking for - we have ample cover in midfield at present and I don't think we will lose anyone else before the summer so no point adding a fee and 6 months wages to the books for nothing.