FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yogi's Contract

Pele_Is_God

We are indeed entitled to different opinions which is what the forum is all about but just who do you think may in the wings anxious to 'seriously invest' in a business never likely to produce a commercial return ?

Maybe a former chairman & associates

Edited by caleyboy

Doesn't sound overly committal here to be honest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34671020

I don't like his comment saying that he has no control or influence over our bad form. We might as well call it a day then if our manager can't influence the squad. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

But, Rig Gordon Strachan did say similar things about Scotland with every pundit and supporter conceding that he was off but after Gibraltar he had a change of heart due to excellent fan reaction in Portugal.

Tbh, if he speaks with his family then I wouldn't be surprised if he did resign.

The issue regarding lack of signings and money may sway him too.

I do think Kenny will try his hardest to persuade him to stay though.

Doesn't sound overly committal here to be honest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34671020

I don't like his comment saying that he has no control or influence over our bad form. We might as well call it a day then and not bother if our manager can't influence the squad. 

I really think this is unwise to discuss with the media. If he takes the new contract - fine. If he doesn't, we now know that it's because he doesn't think the playing budget is high enough and one interpretation of what he says about the players is that, if he goes, so will most of those out of contract. Blackmail? Possibly.

I still think that, if he turns it down, he's a lame duck and we will only have 4 players signed for next season come May. To my mind, he's therefore backed himself into a corner: either sign the contract or leave to allow a new manager to sign the guys who want to stay and to start replacing those who want to leave. BIG decisions for Yogi AND KC ahead - let's hope they both make the right ones. Personally, I think the best outcome would be for Yogi to stay with a bigger budget for next year negotiated. The only other alternative is the door.

The last two posts highlight the real issue--what money is available?  If you agree, then without this knowledge really we are all whistling in the wind and probably some of the wind is just  hot air.  

But,  are we at a crossroads? .........Maybe! 

What then?  Well, ask the question..." should we take the new road?" and the answer comes back "take the new road " .....because what really is there to lose? You take the new road and new opportunities arise, new challenges, new interests, new development and growth in your life. Nothing is forever and life is short so we have to savour the moment and seize opportunities that are presented to us. If you feel that your task has not yet been completed and that you should stay with it regardless of the severity of the current challenge then do so and go with your heart without spending too much time looking back.

And you always come out ahead, regardlesss of which road you choose. Why? Because if you fail then you have been challenged to do better and you need to dig deeper into your past experiences and psyche to find the correct road. And,  if you don't fail,  then you have the satisfaction of knowing that your choices and personal growth at this stage have won the day which in itself will lead to even more challenging opportunities for growth which you can now approach without fear of the risk and with greater confidence

Stagnation is the alternative. So we look forward to hearing from Mr. Hughes' as to his decision on his future pathway.

The slight complication in all this, however, is the fact that he appears to still be contracted to ICT until the end of his agreement. And maybe he has to consider not only what is right for his current circumstances but what the right thing is that he should do?

• Agree 2

The board may have a big decision to make now. As long as Hughes remains non committal on a deal the likelihood is that the players won't be too keen to sign not knowing who will be in charge. If Hughes won't sign a new deal in the near future then he may need to be 'moved aside' so we can get someone else in and start to getting players like Meekings on new deals.

• Agree 3

The board may have a big decision to make now. As long as Hughes remains non committal on a deal the likelihood is that the players won't be too keen to sign not knowing who will be in charge. If Hughes won't sign a new deal in the near future then he may need to be 'moved aside' so we can get someone else in and start to getting players like Meekings on new deals.

100% Agree

It sounds from the interview that he has definitely been offered a new contract.  If so then I assume the Board will be requiring him to make a decision by a defined date.It is good business to try to clarify the managerial position before negotiating deals with the players and with the January window fast approaching, it would be good to get key players signed up before then.  An early decision around Hughes' contract will either confirm his role here or will allow both Hughes and the Board to put feelers out about what happens at the end of the season.  It is in everyone's interest to clarify his contract position ASAP but I for one expect him to leave at the end of the season, if not before.

After listening to Yogi's interview about his contract I thought he came over as honest and genuine and it is true that his family is in Edinburgh and this must be a big factor after 2 years (and not an excuse) in deciding his future.  Listening to his to the tone of his comments I do not feel that he has made up his mind to leave.

The Chairman and Board have managed this club in a successful and sustainable way for the last 5 years and I have every confidence that they will continue to do so.  

For those who want yogi to stay there could be one other reason he may stay! If being away from his family is the real reason he wants to move then he has 2 choices just now...1) leave the club, be unemployed with a risk of not getting anything closer to home and 2) stay another couple of years, and earn the right for a move to a club closer to home!

wat he must remember though is that other than Hearts, (Hibs maybe) and possibly either Dundee team he isn't going to get a Premiership club to manage so he may yet have to live away from home or drop down leagues which shows no determination to succeed! And of course as we all know...he certainly isn't going to walk into any of those jobs which just leaves him as great family man with no money! 

So you leave an unhappy manager in charge for the next couple of seasons !! What is the difference between Yogi and McKay, Ross, Shinnie, Watkins and Christie ?

I am aware of a couple of individuals who wanted to invest, albeit not paricularly heavily, and they were both put off by the attitudes and thinking of the individuals they talked to. To invest in something you either have to be previously devoted from the heart or look at the structure and the potential.

I think people are reading far too much into this article...

Budgets - Clearly KC not giving him an answer on whether he is going to have anything from the Christie sale to spend, he's clearly looking for clarity, which KC won't be able to give until he really looks at what can be made available.

"It's just before you sign that contract just getting to know exactly what tools you're working with next year. I don't want to sign a contract and something gets taken away"

To me he is ready to sign, he just wants to know what he is working with.

Players - As with any manager you admire and you are getting playing time under, you want to see them stay, and if they don't of course that is going to impact your future and decision on whether to stay.

Family - To me this is a statement to say to KC, offer me long term and I'll maybe move my family up here. look at the positive side of that rather than thinking he wants away and is using that as an excuse.

Sticky Patch - Of course he feels he has no control, look at the injuries, he says it himself. Confidence is a huge factor and as he says if they get on a wee run it all comes back, it is kind of out of his hands and up the players to really start believing in themselves, Hughes can try motivate, but ultimately its down to the players to perform and get that belief back.

• Agree 2