FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Two more Tinks

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I am reliably informed that the Black Isle conveyor belt continues to roll and the next Tinks to come over the bridge in the Summer are Sean Webb and some wonder kid called MacKay - Steven. Discreet behind the scene talks are already taking place. Webb is a maybe but the kid will deffo be in our squad in the close season.

[move]REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST[/move]

Ross County have warned Scottish Premier League and English Premiership clubs to keep their eyes off 16-year-old midfielder Gary Mackay-Steven, who has been dubbed the hottest young property in the Highlands. (Daily Record)

Taken from the rumour section on BBC.

:001: Acclaim and recognition at feckin last. Webb may be the Dods replacementn but there are also discussions about some kid called Cuthbert coming on a years loan from Cellic.  :001:

What is the craic about the Tink kid. I have heard he is practically signed.

Guest LiviLion

Gary Mckay is going on trail at Liverpool this monday for a week

And the only reason u said sean webb was because he got called up for norn iron

This 'wonderkid' would be better staying at County than going to Liverpool.  Liverpool have dozens of youth teams, a young player can easily end up playing in the U-18s 3rd XI for several years and end up about 20 odd with very little experience of first team football.  You can tell these lads as they are usually quite technically gifted but lack a bit of savvy.  That's one reason why someone like Iain Vigurs, who has experience of playing in the 3rd division with thuggish hatchet men, has a good chance at making it in my opinino.

Chris - BELIEVE me - this lad is going to follow in the footsteps of Vigurs - County as usual are trying to feckin hold out fer the spondoolachs but this lad is worth the bartering. I am informed that this "deal" is causing MASSIVE ructions in Dungwall as most of their board are seriously miffed at being fecked by the BIG team in the Highlands.  :001: :001:

Webb may well be next as Cuthbert is a loan with wage agreements necessary. Hats off to Grasser again.  :022: :022:

GaryMackaySteven.jpg

Position: Midfielder

Date of Birth: 31/08/1989

Height: 5 ’7’’

Previous Clubs: Ross County FC Youth Development

Signed for U19's : July 2006

RROSS COUNTY WARN OFF POTENTIAL MACKAY STEVEN SUITORS 

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list 

PAUL SMITH

08:50 - 16 February 2007

Ross County have told Premiership suitors they are wasting their time as they attempt to lure Thurso teenager Gary Mackay Steven away from the First Division club. English sides have joined Scottish Premier League scouts in the stands to monitor the 16-year-old County youth prospect. Mackay Steven is a regular Scotland's under-17 side and he is already training with the Dingwall first team squad. Director of football George Adams is predicting a bright future. He said: "Gary is a player who excites me and that doesn't happen often. He's got a fantastic chance in the game. He was called up by Ross Mathie for the Scotland under-17s earlier this month and it is recognition of some superb performances for our under-19 team.

"He was outstanding recently against Stenhousemuir last week and several Premiership clubs are watching him, along with SPL sides. English clubs have spoken to me about Gary and Inverness have made an approach. He's a young player we want to cherish and see develop with Ross County but it would appear that he may have to move on soon."

Well this has made the Inverness Courier.  :015: :015: :015: :015:

On the bit where they have a couple of quotes from this site.  The opening post from IHE has been printed in today's paper.  :015: :015:

Recognition at last

Guest LiviLion

He is also on trial to Celtic the week after. County have a tie in with Liverpool so that looks like his destination with him going back to County on loan for a few seasons to mature and get a regualr first team game and harden up