FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT since 1994

The Mantis

There was a thread over on Pie & Bovril about the longest time your club had gone since meeting another club, so I pitched in and thought it might be interesting here:

"

Situation for ICT is obviously different but quite interesting (to me at least :lol:) .

this is all off the top of my head though so not guaranteed.

have met (and beaten) every team competitively since 1994 although Annan were a non-League side when we got our record 8-1 win in 1998.

have met every club in a League match except Dumbarton, Peterhead, Elgin, Berwick, Annan and now Edinburgh City.

we have never visited Dumbarton, Annan or Elgin in a competitive match. Have won everywhere else except Berwick and Stranraer.

spent 3 years in div 3, 2 years in div 2, 5 years in div 1 then every other year except 2009-10 in the top league.

in 98-99, Steve Paterson's side scored in all 36 league matches.

our first ever opponents East Stirlingshire are now the first club to be relegated from the SPFL."

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 3

45 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Wasn't there some ridiculous statistic about us going something like 140 consecutive games without being involved in a 0-0 draw under Pele? Utterly cavalier football. 

Cavalier maybe but what a time it as to be following ICT storming through the leagues and giant killing in the Cup. Happy days. What memories.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Cavalier maybe but what a time it as to be following ICT storming through the leagues and giant killing in the Cup. Happy days. What memories.

It was a brilliant period. I will be very happy if Richie Foran's ICT begin racking up 7-3 victories. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Yep, started after a 0-0 draw at home to Forfar in April 1998 and came to an end at Love Street on a miserable December afternoon in 2001.

I think I was at that game.  My first time at Love Street, and possibly the first time I met you, John?   Although it may have been another match at Love Street a year or two later that we bumped into each other.

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I think I was at that game.  My first time at Love Street, and possibly the first time I met you, John?   Although it may have been another match at Love Street a year or two later that we bumped into each other.

Can't remember either. We certainly first met in the Caledonia Bar whenever that was.

6 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

You're a bloody jinx!!