FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who do you fear ??

Scotty

Shamelessly stole this topic from Pie & Bovril ...... (it was started by RiG after all !!)

Who are the opposition's Key Players ? Whose name on the team sheet makes you think "oh $%#* !!" ?

Aberdeen - should be Anderson but Lovell has done us twice in two games so I'll go for him !!!

Celtic - Vennegoor of Hesselink / Nakamura

Dundee Utd - Robson

Dunfermline - Crawford if anyone

Falkirk - Latapy

Hearts - no-one - the team sheet is always a surprise, ok go on then, Craig Gordon.

Hibs - Sproule

Kilmarnock - Naismith

Motherwell - McDonald

Rangers - Boyd

St Mirren - Lappin

Lappin has gone to Norwich. I'll be lazy and copy and paste my one across from P & B.

Aberdeen: Jamie Smith. Any time he plays for Aberdeen against ICT he is normally instrumental in Aberdeen's performance be it scoring an unstoppable long range belter or setting up other players to score.

Celtic: Nakamura. Prone to drifting in and out of games but obviously when he "drifts into" a game then he can be very effective.

Dundee United: Barry Robson. Seems to hate us now he has gone on to United. Most likely because of the abuse he gets from the ICT fans  :015: Top class player with a great delivery and a wicked free kick.

Dunfermline: Pass I really can't think of anyone aside from Burchill to be honest but he has been out injured for a while now so his inclusion is based on more what he has done in the past and a potential perceived threat.

Falkirk: Previously Stokes for me but now it is back to Latapy. Brilliant passer and very creative. You could argue that he had more of a hand in demolishing ICT than Stokes with his set up play on the day.

Hearts: I don't think there is anyone individually that I "fear" at Hearts but that's not to say that their players are rubbish. I just don't feel there is a player who can really "turn" a game for them. However Gordon normally pulls off a couple of cracking saves that leave you frustrated.

Hibs: I think that the full backs at Hibs are perhaps their best players. Both Murphy and Whittaker I think are extremely important to Hibs and their performances have been very good any time I have seen them this season (latest game notwithstanding). They are good at getting forward and (normally) very reliable at defending.

Killie: Naismith. Very tricky, pacey player who caused us no end of trouble up in Inverness in that 4 - 3 game a while ago.

Motherwell: Scott MacDonald. Tricky player and although prone to diving he is still a good footballer. Dods said he is one of the hardest players to play against in the SPL. Good close control and a shot to match.

Rangers: No one this season for me.

St. Mirren: Sutton & Lappin. Sutton seems to love scoring against us and Lappin has impressed me this season, particularly down at Love St. where he tore Tokely a new arse that day. Both are key to St. Mirrens chances on match day.

When I seen the thread title my first thought was.............my wife :003:

To be honest I wouldnt fear anyone so long as the team on the field are aware of individuals capabilities then they should have a plan in place to restrict. Thats how you get the better of the opposition.

Guest ictdave

Aberdeen - Lovell

Celtic - Vennegoor of Hesselink

Dundee Utd - Robson

Dunfermline - Crawford

Falkirk - Latapy/Gow

Hearts -Kingston was good on sat would have said gordan but looks like he has played his last game

Hibs - Sproule/Killen

Kilmarnock - Naismith

Motherwell - McDonald

Rangers - SEBO :015: :015: No seriously Boyd/Ferguson

St Mirren -Sutton

Aberdeen - Barry nicholson - vastly under-rated, has the ability to pick out a killer pass, run at players and can ping a decent shot

Celtic - Nakamura - Drifts in and out of games too much but has the ability to change a game with one kick

Dundee Utd - Robson - Crossing, passing and shooting is outstanding and if he took his impudence and diving out of his game would be a genuine contender for a scotland spot IMO

Dunfermline - Jim Hamilton, not what you would call an elegant player but will give his all, gets in around the defence and pops up with his fair share of goals.

Falkirk - Latapy - Passing and vision is sublime on his day and can hit a fair shot.

Hearts - Gordon - Can single handedly prevent his team from conceding any goals even when his defence are ropey at best.

Hibs - Sproule on his today has the pace to cause any team problems however is way too hotheaded and not consistent enough. Until he got injured Killen was someone who always looked dangerous with the ball in and near the box. Brown for his vision and willingness to run at defenders.

Inverness Caley Thistle - hard to pick one player i think is key to the team but on current form Dods, Rankin or Wilson are all key components in the team just now.

Kilmarnock - Naismith, deadly in the box given half an inch

Motherwell - Scott macdonald - the only well player i can think of that has the ability to change a game

Rangers - barry ferguson - never say die approach is exactly what you need from your captain and orchestrates most of rangers decent attacking play

St Mirren - Sutton - the type of big forward that defenders hate playing against, gets stuck in, good finisher and good with his head.

Have to say though Clacher's most feared ICt player was a cracker  :015:

Why is everyone getting on Rory's back?  :008: The boy is only 19. He's been thrown in at the deep end, due to Wyness & Dargo injuries, and misses a couple of chances and suddenly he gets pelters. We've got injury problems in the squad right now and the team needs all the backing it can get. We've witnessed in the past what Rory is capable of, all he needs is a wee bit confidence and if we back him then he'll have confidence !

With 'fans' like ours who needs an opposition?

Why is everyone getting on Rory's back?  :008: The boy is only 19. He's been thrown in at the deep end, due to Wyness & Dargo injuries, and misses a couple of chances and suddenly he gets pelters. We've got injury problems in the squad right now and the team needs all the backing it can get. We've witnessed in the past what Rory is capable of, all he needs is a wee bit confidence and if we back him then he'll have confidence !

With 'fans' like ours who needs an opposition?

It's not just the last few games. Rory has had many opportunities and continualy fails to impress.

I saw an interview with one of our players last week, saying that Rory would be a good player if he gets his head sorted - which I presume referes to a confidence problem. Perhaps our resident psychologist can be of assistance?