Sign in to follow this  
Bronson

Chairman resigns

Recommended Posts

Doesn't look good for the club the amount of board members we have had over the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

It's not the numbers it's the quality.

absolutely agree. and to be blunt there is no sadness on my part at this turn of events. Its the impact of his tenure that I do worry about.  

I had dealings with him as a customer, as a service provider, and as a shareholder ... none of those interactions were satisfactory. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

absolutely agree. and to be blunt there is no sadness on my part at this turn of events. Its the impact of his tenure that I do worry about.  

I had dealings with him as a customer, as a service provider, and as a shareholder ... none of those interactions were satisfactory. 

I was never a fan either. He made lots of noises but the noises were never really tempered by actions. I am really pleased Ross has taken the chair as he is a fan as much as a Director. I am being optimistic and viewing this as new money waiting in the wings to move things forward. Under Rae we seemed to tread water.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

I was never a fan either. He made lots of noises but the noises were never really tempered by actions. I am really pleased Ross has taken the chair as he is a fan as much as a Director. I am being optimistic and viewing this as new money waiting in the wings to move things forward. Under Rae we seemed to tread water.

I wish there could be new money in the wings but who and  where from ? Club needs a radical overall from top to bottom, starting with a serious strategy to engage fans, gates of c 2000 and 1700 are really tier 1 status and ICT deserve a hell of a lot more support given Robbo is working miracles with what he has. I honestly fear that years of neglect and mismanagement are coming to bite the club......

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordy Fyfe and Liam Dalgarno are also looking to resign. Gordy says he has stayed on to try and distance himself from his mates at Muirfield Mills (given the mess things are in) and Liam is staying to keep the board at functional numbers until others come in.

Savage has said he will wait till club goes bust and then buy it on the cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buster said:

Gordy Fyfe and Liam Dalgarno are also looking to resign. Gordy says he has stayed on to try and distance himself from his mates at Muirfield Mills (given the mess things are in) and Liam is staying to keep the board at functional numbers until others come in.

Savage has said he will wait till club goes bust and then buy it on the cheap.

Can see something drastic like that on the cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sound negative but the only way we would be attractive to a major investor would be if we went into administration, diluting existing shareholdings to zero

  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buster said:

Gordy Fyfe and Liam Dalgarno are also looking to resign. Gordy says he has stayed on to try and distance himself from his mates at Muirfield Mills (given the mess things are in) and Liam is staying to keep the board at functional numbers until others come in.

Savage has said he will wait till club goes bust and then buy it on the cheap.

"Gordy says he has stayed on to try and distance himself from his mates at Muirfield Mills (given the mess things are in"  ....... Aye a Boris Johnston style comment from GF. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I don't want to sound negative but the only way we would be attractive to a major investor would be if we went into administration, diluting existing shareholdings to zero

Dont think your negative given where we,are its probably the only option left, admin points deduction, pray Robbo stays and keeps club up and investment kicks in. 

Edited by robgob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, robgob said:

Dont think your negative given where we,are its probably the only option left, admin points deduction, pray Robbo stays and keeps club up and investment kicks in. 

If we do go into administration I think it would be for a short period of time before new investment appears.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

If we call the new club The Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C., do we get to keep the trophies?

As I understand it, administration (and subsequent recovery) does not necessarily involve closure of the company.  A rescuer could invest in the existing company.   (Or the administrators could sell it off, as a whole, or in bits.)

Liquidation, on the other hand, is the closure of a company and sale of its assets, as happened with Rangers.

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buster said:

Gordy Fyfe and Liam Dalgarno are also looking to resign. Gordy says he has stayed on to try and distance himself from his mates at Muirfield Mills (given the mess things are in) and Liam is staying to keep the board at functional numbers until others come in.

Savage has said he will wait till club goes bust and then buy it on the cheap.

I am afraid that I can't let that last sentence go unchallenged.

I am no fan of Alan Savage, his political views, or how he has divided our board in the past. However, that statement is just wrong and defamatory. Whatever one may think of the man, he has never said that he is waiting for the club to go bust and buy it on the cheap.

People may be anxious and feelings may be running high but there is no reason to depart from the truth.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

As I understand it, administration (and subsequent recovery) does not necessarily involve closure of the company.  A rescuer could invest in the existing company.   (Or the administrators could sell it off, as a whole, or in bits.)

Liquidation, on the other hand, is the closure of a company and sale of its assets, as happened with Rangers.

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Yeah, (pray to God it never comes to it) if we do go under and have to dissolve, I'd hope all our fans would go to support the revival club rather than scampering off to watch Clach or C*unty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am afraid that I can't let that last sentence go unchallenged.

I am no fan of Alan Savage, his political views, or how he has divided our board in the past. However, that statement is just wrong and defamatory. Whatever one may think of the man, he has never said that he is waiting for the club to go bust and buy it on the cheap.

People may be anxious and feelings may be running high but there is no reason to depart from the truth.

Hi Alan 👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Yeah, (pray to God it never comes to it) if we do go under and have to dissolve, I'd hope all our fans would go to support the revival club rather than scampering off to watch Clach or C*unty...

As long as the new club was just called Inverness FC I'm sure the fan base would grow quite quickly 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the end of the Muirfield Mills @ ICTFC era.

It was a much heralded arrival, although initially shadowy in its existence, it excited many, but ultimately what did this reign deliver to our 25 year old club?

The achievements, successes, follies & setbacks will no doubt be discussed & debated by supporters far and wide.

There has been a fair amount of manoeuvring behind the scenes over the past few months. These resignations are hardly a big shock.

 A duo & an individual, whom have considerable funds to plug the gaping financial chasm & in time, drive the club forward have been diligently active in the background. Both have continually refused to release further financial assistance until MM move on.

Actually, the dynamic duo have in the not too distant past,  poured £££,£££s into the ICT coffers in order to fill a rather large accounts oversight which had effectively rendered the club trading as insolvent, a drifting ship, so to speak.  This enabled MM to continue, albeit temporarily, however.

Further holes in the accounts have been looming closer & closer. 

The openly public, and slightly nauseating and alarming MM appeals for new streams of income, new investment & fresh blood on board fell largely on deaf ears.

Although some heard the cries, there was an unwillingness to flourish more           £££,£££ s on what they now considered a financial basket case.  No more back seat bail outs for MM.

Naming rights to the stadium were heralded as a future star big earner that would help in part, to steady the drifting ship.

In reality, the spreadsheet trudged on wearily, unattractive to investors & somehow becoming increasingly feral as large sums were spent on CEO's, confidentiality clauses and pay offs, big wages splurged carelessly on General Managers, Accountants, Catering + Cooks, Commercial Managers, Academy Directors etc etc.

This ever upwards spiralling increase in off field wages has been a massively damaging and game changing own goal this Club could ill afford ( pun intended ).

The dynamic duo &  an interested individual, reeled in horror as the financial outlook darkened dramatically in what seemed like a shooting ones own foot, several times, scenario played out again & again. 

Yes they have £££,£££s, but they also had business acumen and savvy & crucially they have extensive knowledge and experience of the internal operations of  Football boardrooms and a vital understanding of the world of Football business, which exists and is very unlike any other business model.

One individual is doing the ' hockey cokey ', in that, one week he is in ... the next he is out, in ... out... in .... out.... ( shakes it all about ). The individual knows exactly what is under the bonnet of the ICTFC vehicle and what tred is left on the ICT financial tyres. For the moment having, kicked the tyres & checked the dip stick, he is out,  sticking to keeping the Lilywhites balance sheet bright.

The Dynamic Duo however, have been building solid foundations, which is an area they could be said to have considerable expertise within. The plan has to be based on the tough financial climate in which this Club resides.

A business plan that is capable of satisfying the observations and prodding of the Scottish Football governing bodies. A blueprint that is both fiscally prudent, resilient and sustainable & shock proof.

This has been an ongoing process & it has to be professionally and meticulously administered, vetted & thoroughly robust.

Perhaps these resignations have signalled that the above phase of construction has been completed.  

Edited by A Sofa In San Tropez
Prose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the cheer leading, and coronation for the McGillivray's and Alan Savage begins??.

Always be careful what you wish for.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.