FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

11 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Jay Henderson’s contract at St Mirren has expired. Here’s hoping they don’t want him and we can get him snapped up. 

We're not going to be able to afford the development fee they'll be due for him. 

21 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

Allardice def off to County! 

Makes perfect sense from his position.  Scott’s served ICT well for the past three seasons. Weighing up what ICT can offer both in way of financial package and expectations in the championship against playing in Scotlands top league for a more enhanced wage packet it’s an easy call. If he had a settled lifestyle (happy in the highlands with partner perhaps) then other options look less appealing. 

If but a last minute equaliser against Patrick things would have been different!!  (he would have still left I suspect). However I wish Scott well except when he plays against us. He is following a well trodden road over the years!

Edited by big cherly

The walk of shame confirmed.

• Sad 1

This is as we have it now on CTO

All signed until end of season 2023/24 unless specified

Sean WELSH (captain)
Daniel DEVINE (vice captain)
Wallace DUFFY
Cameron HARPER
Zak DELANEY
David CARSON
Roddy MACGREGOR
Jake Davidson 24/25
Lewis HYDE
Aaron DORAN
Max RAM
Mark RIDGERS
Cameron MACKAY
Lewis NICOLSON 24/25
Matthew STRACHAN
Robbie THOMPSON
Harry HENNEM
Keith BRAY
Ethan CAIRNS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nathan SHAW??? nobody knows
Billy McKAY waiting news
Austin SAMUELS waiting news

1 hour ago, Satan said:

All good faith to the guy is gone. No ambition 

He has went to play at a higher level and get coaching from (in my view) a far more structured and professional level than he could receive at ICT. So whilst we don’t like it, there is ambition I would suggest!

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Satan said:

All good faith to the guy is gone. No ambition 

The thing that stings most for me is the fact that he’s remaining up in the highlands, so he clearly loves living there. Heard a rumour briefly that he could be going back down to dundee. 

It seems idiotic that we have to keep saying this - but we have to stop this out of contract nonsense. We’ve been described as a ‘selling club’ in years gone by which is a fair assessment all things considered, but what good is it if you’re repeatedly holding onto your best assests, allowing then to depart on a free when they have hinted they want out a whole year before the fact…

Agree with the above. To survive we should be a selling club. We should be giving extensions now to the likes of Cameron Harper and David Carson, players who are worth something or we're going to lose them for nothing next season. I really don't understand the running of our club sometimes.

2 best players off to Killie and County surprised that they both set the bar so low.

Both could have done so much better.

Typically we don't get a bean for either of them, criminal how we let our prizes assets slip through our hands year after year.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, big cherly said:

He has went to play at a higher level and get coaching from (in my view) a far more structured and professional level than he could receive at ICT. So whilst we don’t like it, there is ambition I would suggest!

Aye, all the top clubs were queueing up for him, he can join Malkys Malcontents though- if his ambition is to get a fair wedge and play for a misogynistic racist then he'll be fulfilling that.

Not having seen much of them but their end of season exploits indicate they need more than players of Allardices calibre. Certainly a test for the boys fitness.

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

2 best players off to Killie and County surprised that they both set the bar so low.

Both could have done so much better.

Typically we don't get a bean for either of them, criminal how we let our prizes assets slip through our hands year after year.

It's also an indication of where we are currently - some of our best just ain't as desirable as they used to be.

Some pathetic, childish bitter comments just because a guy who served us well has the opportunity to further is career elsewhere and earn a better income.

All those who keep looking at County all the time, instead of being jealous of what they do and wishing their failure, maybe turn that ebergy and time towards why are we not doing better instead.

• Funny 1

Some people seem to have forgotten we just finished in the bottom half of one of the weakest Championship leagues in a long time!

The fact some are trying to spin it as a successful season shows the current level of our ambition!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Some people seem to have forgotten we just finished in the bottom half of one of the weakest Championship leagues in a long time!

The fact some are trying to spin it as a successful season shows the current level of our ambition!

Well said ! And yet we reward that with a 2 year extension . Some will buy into that . Some won’t 

7 hours ago, Andrew Morrison said:

It seems idiotic that we have to keep saying this - but we have to stop this out of contract nonsense. We’ve been described as a ‘selling club’ in years gone by which is a fair assessment all things considered, but what good is it if you’re repeatedly holding onto your best assests, allowing then to depart on a free when they have hinted they want out a whole year before the fact…

6 hours ago, forresjags said:

2 best players off to Killie and County surprised that they both set the bar so low. Typically we don't get a bean for either of them, criminal how we let our prizes assets slip through our hands year after year.

We cant force players or their agents to accept our contract offers, nor to negotiate them when they are coming to an end. The days of Jim McLean style contracts have been over for decades. Its a sad reality but given how we also lurch from year to year financially, offering longer term contracts is also not feasible whether we like it or not. Even if we were in a position to offer long term deals, if a player doesn't want to commit to that length of contract there's not a lot we can do about it. 

2 hours ago, STFU said:

Some people seem to have forgotten we just finished in the bottom half of one of the weakest Championship leagues in a long time!  The fact some are trying to spin it as a successful season shows the current level of our ambition!

Unfortunately, I agree. As much as it sticks in the throat, players going to County or Killie is currently  an upward step. Higher wages, higher level of competition etc. We cant put that ridiculous situation right until we can get out of this division (in the right direction).

• Agree 2

I think it is total mismanagement of our club to let our best players leave, season after season, for nothing. If a player is on a two or three year contract, and you want him to stay, you offer him a new contract before he goes into his final year, and if he doesn't want to sign a new contract then, you put him up for sale, that way we get some financial compensation for him, and have some sought after money the club can I'll afford not to have.

As someone said on hear, we used to be a selling club, but now we are the giving away for free club. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think it is total mismanagement of our club to let our best players leave, season after season, for nothing. If a player is on a two or three year contract, and you want him to stay, you offer him a new contract before he goes into his final year, and if he doesn't want to sign a new contract then, you put him up for sale, that way we get some financial compensation for him, and have some sought after money the club can I'll afford not to have.

As someone said on hear, we used to be a selling club, but now we are the giving away for free club. 

I do agree with a lot of this but sometimes you have players who are more valuable to the team than any final transfer fee we might get for them. Could we realistically have afforded to lose Allardice last season for the sake of a few thousand pounds? 

For all the criticism he got from others (including myself) I fully agreed with Yogi's ambitions of trying to at least make sure the club got money when they lost players like Shinnie, Watkins etc. easier said than done of course though. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic