tm4tj

By my reckoning, that leaves us with a squad of 21:

Goalies: Ridgers, MacKay

Defenders: Carson, Duffy, Broadfoot, Devine, Deas, Harper

Midfield: Welsh, Allardice, McAlear, MacGregor, Hyde

Wide: Doran, Walsh, Gardyne, McDonald

Forwards: Duku, Mckay, Sutherland, Jamieson

• Agree 1

We could also do with a young goalie who can learn from Ridgers and be able to be on the bench should he or MacKay be injured or suspended. Ridgers was lucky not to be sent off on Saturday so we would have had a problem for the Ayr game had that happened. 

Edited by Robert

If we are not bringing in another defender as cover then we should certainly be looking beyond this season.

I think we have seen enough of Manny Duku now to appreciate that he is an effective and talented forward who, with the right service, can score not just at this level but probably at Premiership level as well. He also has skill as provider as well as finisher.

Looking at his CV, he seldom if ever spends more than a single season at any club.

At 28, he is coming into his prime, assuming his demands are reasonable, I would be looking to extend his contract for at least another two seasons and yo tie that up now before he starts coming to the attention of other clubs.

Duku’s record is interesting as he seems to move club each season. A Raith fan I know said he fell out of favour after a fall out with the Manager.

It will be interesting to see what his attitude is like if Mckay starts and he is only on the bench.

I agree he has potential but for me the jury is out.

Edited by Robert

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Robert said:

Good news: Mark Ridgers has extended his contract until the end of the 2023/24 season:

https://ictfc.com/mark-ridgers-signs-new-contract

Excellent news. We have been blessed with very good 'keepers over the years from Jimmy Calder onwards but Mark, without doubt, one of the best and most dependable.

An opporunity for him to finish his career at ICT playing Premiership football.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes it's good to see him back and I hope he keeps well after being out for so long.  A lot of good youngsters in the squad as well.

Great to see both members of our non playing staff who had to take time off last year for health reasons back at the helm once again.

Credit too to the club in acting as responsible employers and facilitating this.

23 minutes ago, Robert said:

Defender Harry Nicolson has been recalled from his loan to Elgin. Hopefully that does not mean one of our defenders is out for a spell. Any word on Duffy’s absence?

That's yesterdays news. Hope you're not letting your standards drop.

• Funny 2

Seeing as @Robert is slacking (the announcement was made almost 20 minutes ago :wink:) the club have confirmed that Roddy MacGregor has signed a new deal taking him through to the end of the 2023/24 season.

Edited by RiG
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seeing as @Robert is slacking (the announcement was made almost 20 minutes ago :wink:) the club have confirmed that Roddy MacGregor has signed a new deal taking him through to the end of the 2022/23 season.

Absolutely fabulous and very welcome news.

An extremely talented young man who is improving with almost every game.

He will, without doubt, go on to bigger and better things but great to have his immediate future secured for now.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seeing as @Robert is slacking (the announcement was made almost 20 minutes ago :wink:) the club have confirmed that Roddy MacGregor has signed a new deal taking him through to the end of the 2022/23 season.

So is it 2023 or 2024?

I thought he was under contract until end of 2022 already. 

All this news is confusing everyone.

Edited by Satan
Sp

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Seeing as @Robert is slacking (the announcement was made almost 20 minutes ago :wink:) the club have confirmed that Roddy MacGregor has signed a new deal taking him through to the end of the 2023/24 season.

Ha ha, I’m not always glued to the club’s activities.

Getting MacGregor and Harper on longer contracts is a great bit of business, and we do seem to be getting our act together with our best assets, given the extensions signed by Ridgers, Carson and Allardice over the last few months.

I’d like to see Deas join the list of those extending, but this really gives us hope for the future.

If they do get the opportunity to join a larger club, the fees we get will be helpful in sustaining the club, so a “win win” situation.

Reading this has made my day!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

All great news welcomed, forward thinking by the Club wonderful to hear.

Yes Deas please next in line, He has been outstanding and aquitted himself so well as one of the mainstays of the Team against Buckie.

Duku too, the energy machine of the front, I am so looking forward to seeing him play alongside Billy I have feeling that will be a golden pairing.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic