FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New players

Libero

With the end of the season fast approaching quite a few clubs are announcing transfer targets and/or pre contract signings. Although we have already got Don Cowie on a pre-contract it is evident that a rebuilding/strengthening project will have to be carried out over the summer so who would we like to see at our club?

it looks more than likely that we will be scouring the lower divisions for talent and going with that theme i have listed a few players i think would make good additions to the squad.

Jason Scotland (St Johnstone) Still SPL quality IMO

Steven Milne (St Johnstone) Vastly under-rated player

Simon Mensing (St Johnstone) remember him from playing for Clyde in the first division and always seemed a capable defender

Richard Offiong (Hamilton Accies) We've been linked with him recently, looks like he knows the way to the back of the net and has been capped at England U20 level so must be a fairly decent player.

Gary Mackenzie (Dundee) again weve been linked and certainly the potential is there to be a very good player

Bryan Deasley (Dundee) pacey forward, something we really need IMO

Kevin Macdonald (Dundee) quality midfielder with bags of potential. IIRC he's been linked with a host of clubs however over the past few seasons

Stephen Dobbie (QOTS) great finisher and would be an excellent addition if you ask me. cant believe he's still not moved to a bigger club

any views? thoughts? suggestions?

Gary Mackenzie I believe is a target of ours and he's out of contract next summer.

Stephen Dobbie may well be worth a punt as well although QoS have already rejected a couple of sizeable fees (in terms of our transfer budget)

Gary Mackenzie I believe is a target of ours and he's out of contract next summer.

Stephen Dobbie may well be worth a punt as well although QoS have already rejected a couple of sizeable fees (in terms of our transfer budget)

What sort of size were the bids?

With the end of the season fast approaching quite a few clubs are announcing transfer targets and/or pre contract signings. Although we have already got Don Cowie on a pre-contract it is evident that a rebuilding/strengthening project will have to be carried out over the summer so who would we like to see at our club?

it looks more than likely that we will be scouring the lower divisions for talent and going with that theme i have listed a few players i think would make good additions to the squad.

Jason Scotland (St Johnstone) Still SPL quality IMO

Steven Milne (St Johnstone) Vastly under-rated player

Simon Mensing (St Johnstone) remember him from playing for Clyde in the first division and always seemed a capable defender

Richard Offiong (Hamilton Accies) We've been linked with him recently, looks like he knows the way to the back of the net and has been capped at England U20 level so must be a fairly decent player.

Gary Mackenzie (Dundee) again weve been linked and certainly the potential is there to be a very good player

Bryan Deasley (Dundee) pacey forward, something we really need IMO

Kevin Macdonald (Dundee) quality midfielder with bags of potential. IIRC he's been linked with a host of clubs however over the past few seasons

Stephen Dobbie (QOTS) great finisher and would be an excellent addition if you ask me. cant believe he's still not moved to a bigger club

any views? thoughts? suggestions?

Agree about the Saints J's players, but I dont think any of them will be going far unless it is outwith our budget. They are very ambitious for this season, and I think, and hope, they go up. Having said that, Peanut Sheerin seems to be having and Indian Summer and could give us a season or two at Codger level.

What sort of size were the bids?

From the BBC......Queen of the South have rejected a £100,000 offer from Chinese club Guangzhou for striker Stephen Dobbie.

Would rather look at youngsters released from English premiership or nationwide leagues or even the Old Scum,Aberdeen etc than first division journeymen who have had their chance and done F*** All

Fair Point.

If we could get younsgsters from Premiership sides i'm sure it would be an avenue CC or Grassa would pursue however as we know its very difficult getting players from 'bigger' clubs to come North.

I still think there is plenty young talent in the 1st Division, the list i wrote above was made of predominantly under 25 year olds and there are many more who i think could make it in the SPL.

He's built like Graeme Bayne, but he's faster, stronger, more skillful and a better finisher.  :024:

So am I, but ICT are not in any hurry to sign me. Anyway I'm 51  :015: :015: :015: :015:

What the feck are you doing up at that time of morning Mantis ?!?! Is it the age your at, bladder problems etc or are you really one of these "top shelf" teachers preparing all for your pupils stimulation  :024:

With reference to Martin Johnston, he is a family friend and I know he would still love a crack at full time football. I put his case a few years back to the power brokers at the time, Martin was just making the transition from HL, a midfielder with 24 goals that season, none from the spot. I was told they had looked at him and basically did'nt "fancy him" and had a wealth of midfield players at the time.

Surprised no-one's mentioned Kevin James at St J as a replacement for Dods.  If you think Caff can fill the position I think you're way off the mark.  I really don't want Gretna to be promoted but if the Saints don't make it players may become available.  Fingers crossed.

Mantis  -  51?  Aye right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing is, how likely would St Johnstone be to let any of the mentioned players go, and if so would they be outwith our budget?

if they dont get promoted this year (which looks likely) then are the players going to want to hang about in the first Division for another year?

Michael Duff - Defender Burnley and NI

Warren Feeney - Striker Luton and NI

There may also be some in the Irish league who would fit the requirements. Whats needed are scouts in Ireland, Poland, and further east. We could find superstars that fit into our wage structure.