FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who could replace Dudds?

CaleyTennis

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

He did well at this level but those Hearts sides were heavy favourites to go up on both occasions IIRC. Unsure if he could replicate that with ICT.

Took Dundee Utd up too (COVID shortened season) but not sure how he’d do on a small budget. 

16 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Ian McCall please

Potential as an interim position with a Warren or Tremarco trainee. Here’s my take.

Pros 

- Proven and experienced manager in the championship 

- Took both Ayr and Patrick to the playoffs. (Knows what it takes).

- Has demonstrated he can set up teams to change the game plan as required.

- Is his own man and will not suffer fools gladly. Ie SG & RM

Cons 

- Marmite figure (his own words).

- Not sure he would like the financial limitations on offer (for players).

- Likes a certain life style. Not sure Inverness holds much attraction! Back down the A9 within a year!

- At an age where he doesn’t need the hassle.

- likes a bet.

Don't know if he would want to return to the wilderness but I had a begrudging respect for Derek Adams when he was at the Coonty! Walked out on Sir Roy and stood no crap when any players didn’t perform or went in the huff. Could maybe just the person to shake our fractured and dispirited position.

Just my tuppence worth.

bc

Edited by big cherly

11 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Neil Warnock is on the market again! 😀

Yes, just got the news that the Huddersfield game midweek will be his last. Good at taking teams out of the mire, and always said he'd love to coach in Scotland. Great experience, could get a younger coach as his assistant, to eventually take over.

• Agree 2

I've no idea if the Club have someone in mind, but their statement did include an email address for applications.

If you think you could do better than Dodds, the address is footballdept@ictfc.

Let's hope they look at that account more than the slo@ictfc one or we will be without a manager for the rest of the season.

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 4

41 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I've no idea if the Club have someone in mind, but their statement did include an email address for applications.

If you think you could do better than Dodds, the address is footballdept@ictfc.

Let's hope they look at that account more than the slo@ictfc one or we will be without a manager for the rest of the season.

I think it might be rather busy on reading the County's fans chat on twitter....lol 

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Neil Warnock is on the market again! 😀

He was interested in 2007.

And our 'next game' back then was Dundee United.

Experienced. Still got it. Would get respect of the players straight away. A favorite with fans everywhere he's been. And he wouldn't take any **** from above.

Maybe get those ties in with Sheff Utd again like we had before? Youth development etc.

People may laugh, but I think worth a consideration 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Joonya said:

People may laugh, but I think worth a consideration 

I personally can't stand him.  But I can't deny his experience and reputation.

His name might put the club back on the map and attract players who wouldn't otherwise be interested, in much the same way as Terry Butcher did.  (Though we might not be able to afford them just now.)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Nothing to lose either.  Make that call to him!

24 minutes ago, Joonya said:

He was interested in 2007.

I was joking about Warnock, for the avoidance of doubt! He was never really interested in us, it just so happened he’d lost his job when we had a vacancy. As I recall, he said he loved Scotland and the Highlands, and he would speak to any club who wanted to offer him a job. A lot of our fans got excited that he wanted the job (on a tiny fraction of his normal salary!)

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

I was joking about Warnock, for the avoidance of doubt! He was never really interested in us, it just so happened he’d lost his job when we had a vacancy. As I recall, he said he loved Scotland and the Highlands, and he would speak to any club who wanted to offer him a job. A lot of our fans got excited that he wanted the job (on a tiny fraction of his normal salary!)

If I recall this from an article, I think he lives in Cornwall, which could be a very big stumbling block if he was to travel back and forth and not relocate!

15 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I was joking about Warnock, for the avoidance of doubt! He was never really interested in us, it just so happened he’d lost his job when we had a vacancy. As I recall, he said he loved Scotland and the Highlands, and he would speak to any club who wanted to offer him a job.

Fair enough.  But I wasn't joking when I said it was worth a phone call.

Who knows?  He might feel he's getting towards the end of his career - might fancy something a bit different near the end.  Away from the spotlight of English football.  Even if it was just until the end of the season.  Might just catch him at an opportune moment.

Make that phone call!

I don't see us opting for anyone that needs compensation given our finances.

Although I would caveat that by suggesting perhaps if there was a 'friendly' connection to the current board who'd see nothing wrong in throwing a few quid in return for other benefit........but then again maybe not as that would be unethical and our club has staunch integrity.

4 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

There’s an article in the Greenock Telegraph linking Dougie Imrie with the job (sorry I can’t attach the link).

Personally I doubt that’s on the cards as we wouldn’t have the funds to buy out his contract at Morton, really has to be limited to whoever is available.

That article linking Imrie to us is based on nothing more than our fans saying they'd like him as manager :laugh:

Really enjoyed listening to the Wyness Shuffle podcast, well done to the guys.  Some interesting names mentioned.  Let's hope whoever is appointed on permanent basis can inject some passion and excitement back into the team.

Bigger fundamental issues at the club still need to be addressed clearly - will be interesting to see what plan of action is proposed following Supporters Trust meeting on Saturday.

• Thank You 1