FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who could replace Dudds?

CaleyTennis

This is a discussion site so I thought I would start this thread to gauge fans opinions on who they would like to replace our current clown if he got the sack or resigned as I am fairly certain that the list of REALISTIC contenders wouldn't be very high.

I am not happy with this situation and have been very vocal on Facebook about my opinions on the man but I would be happy if we turned our form around and the need for a replacement wasn't needed but, as most fans fear on here, that is unlikely when you consider how this manager is so inept at tactics and how to change games and even man management!

I personally would like a manager like Callum Davidson or Jon Daly but realistically they aren't very likely whereas managers such as Ian McCall, Paul Sheerin, Jim McIntyre are more likely but would be a no from me apart from maybe Ian McCall.

In an ideal world we won't need this thread until 2yrs time but I just like to gauge opinions and also post more on this forum so this is my way of doing both :P.

I hope we do turn things round quickly, but if a change is made, I’d like to see Gary Warren and Carl Tremarco involved as Manager and Assistant. Both are in coaching roles so are not total rookies. I’d retain Ryan Esson as goalkeeping coach and look to bring in a forwards coach.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Robert said:

I hope we do turn things round quickly, but if a change is made, I’d like to see Gary Warren and Carl Tremarco involved as Manager and Assistant. Both are in coaching roles so are not total rookies. I’d retain Ryan Esson as goalkeeping coach and look to bring in a forwards coach.

I would like to see Neil McCann back.

• Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 1

I still believe BD will see out (or bulk of) his contract. However your question is ‘Who could replace’ him. A couple of thoughts in my mind.

The question of ‘could’ needs a dose of reality on what the club would be able to offer in way of opportunity and package. I think this eliminates any serious existing manager in the central belt. They all want a way back south within 18 months for me.

The existing hierarchy would need to change, for me, to enable the fans to get fully behind any new manager. - I don’t see that happening any time soon.

bc

• Well Said 1

3 hours ago, Jack said:

I would like to see Neil McCann back.

I thought he declined the opportunity to stay on when his time as Interim Manager ended due to his commitments in the central belt. My understanding is that the club had wanted to keep him and only tried to find a Manager after McCann confirmed his intentions.

Dodds and others applied with Dodds being selected. I’ve no idea who else was interested at that time but agree with the comments above about the difficulty of attracting an experienced Manager who is based in the central belt.

Edited by Robert

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 12:04 PM, Robert said:

I thought he declined the opportunity to stay on when his time as Interim Manager ended due to his commitments in the central belt. My understanding is that the club had wanted to keep him and only tried to find a Manager after McCann confirmed his intentions.

Dodds and others applied with Dodds being selected. I’ve no idea who else was interested at that time but agree with the comments above about the difficulty of attracting an experienced Manager who is based in the central belt.

Callum Davidson now hopefully.

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Callum Davidson now hopefully.

Are you Mr Outsider because he posted that Dudds is out and Callum Davidson will be appointed 🤔

I'm not sure how I'd feel about him because he's had success at St Johnstone winning 2 cups but his record last season was abysmal and he rightly got sacked.  Tbh we probably couldn't get any better than his calibre now that Tommy Wright isn't available so I'd probably be happy with this appointment though we'll have to see what happens on Saturday then take it from there. 

5 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Maurice Malpas as manager? Think it’s time for me to log off

Don’t know if MM would or could generate the enthusiasm to return! I do like the idea of MM with possibly G Warren as a trainee manager as no 2! 

MM is his own man, never suffered any fools gladly, stood no nonsense, (from anyone), has no loyalty to the club or has any qualms about telling people straight what he thinks.
This probably eliminates him as the current mob in control of the levers couldn’t stomach such truths! 

No question we need a ‘reset’ both on and off the park. Difficult to guess what is the most pressing. As IHE put earlier this week maybe we need to go down a league to clear out the dross and the malaise of the supporters and backers of the current regime. The trust are culpable here imo and can’t dodge their part in where we are!  If the Match Day Experience survey is the confined limit of their imagination on improvement, then look forward to more of the same for the next few seasons! 

bc

Edited by big cherly

19 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Are you Mr Outsider because he posted that Dudds is out and Callum Davidson will be appointed 🤔. 

I'm not sure how I'd feel about him because he's had success at St Johnstone winning 2 cups but his record last season was abysmal and he rightly got sacked.  Tbh we probably couldn't get any better than his calibre now that Tommy Wright isn't available so I'd probably be happy with this appointment though we'll have to see what happens on Saturday then take it from there. 

That Twitter account is a piss take of another "ITK" account called Mr Insider who posted a load of ICT related stuff, most of which was mainly nonsense, before (s)he shut the account down due to folk laughing at his awful rumours. I'd take anything Mr Outsider says with a lethal dose of salt.

• 3 weeks later...

With the news we've all been craving finally announced its time to bump this thread up!

I can't find any odds on who's next but I'd like to see Ryan Esson promoted to manager but I understand that may be to risky in the perilous position we currently find ourselves in.

I can see Callum Davidson being high up on the boards wishlist as he did well at St Johnstone plus he's an experienced manager which is what we need just now.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I can see Callum Davidson being high up on the boards wishlist as he did well at St Johnstone plus he's an experienced manager which is what we need just now.

For me Callum Davidson is a horrendous shout. He had a spectacular first season with that double League / Scottish Cup win but his subsequent seasons were a disaster with win percentages of 23% and 29% before he was emptied. He filled Saint Johnstone with old has beens on long contracts. That said I am led to believe he is looked upon favourably by the board/CEO so he'll probably get appointed. 

11 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Ian McCall please

My favourite shout.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

For me Callum Davidson is a horrendous shout. He had a spectacular first season with that double League / Scottish Cup win but his subsequent seasons were a disaster with win percentages of 23% and 29% before he was emptied. He filled Saint Johnstone with old has beens on long contracts. That said I am led to believe he is looked upon favourably by the board/CEO so he'll probably get appointed. 

My favourite shout.

What about Robbie Neilson, he's won this league twice, might have some good contacts?

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

What about Robbie Neilson, he's won this league twice, might have some good contacts?

He did well at this level but those Hearts sides were heavy favourites to go up on both occasions IIRC. Unsure if he could replicate that with ICT.