FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stand up if you can't sit down

Guest Atholl

Guest Atholl

Presumably any spare cash will go to strengthening the squad but was it my imagination or did I read or hear a statement at the start of the season that should ICT survive another year in the top flight a fourth stand was viable?

I appreciate current attendances may not justify the investment but assuming the fourth stand held say even around 1500 souls and could be filled to capacity even 4 times per season, or more if Cup runs allow is it a viable long term investment or is it a non starter ? The stadium just needs to generate a bit more atmosphere to my mind but whether an enclosed arena would equate to more bums on seats is unlikely given the apathy in some quarters to SPL football in the North.

I don't know the cost to build another stand so I'd be interested to hear if any insight was available..

Guest Atholl

Thanks for the directions Scotty... a "Site Nav" is obviously what I need ....

If I was a betting man I'd keep my wedge trousered...so to speak... given the considered response but it does alas make perfect business sense...  :014:

Thanks for the directions Scotty... a "Site Nav" is obviously what I need ....

unfortunately, our site search function stopped working properly a little while back so the only option is to use the sitemap in the main menu on the left to look for old articles. We have a few tweaks to make when the season ends and hopefully it will make searching the site and finding old articles a little easier

He dont give much away in the Q & A, the last i heard was that the open side was too close to a gas mains pipe to allow a stand to be built, a smaller hospitality type affair might be considered.

But again only if it was justified by increased crowds.

He dont give much away in the Q & A, the last i heard was that the open side was too close to a gas mains pipe to allow a stand to be built, a smaller hospitality type affair might be considered. But again only if it was justified by increased crowds.

Yup - pretty much what I have heard over the years .... If it were a normal stand it might only be a (very) few rows deep because of the pipe and the inability to re-route it without incurring considerable costs ..... guess we will just have to wait for the SPL / UEFA / FIFA and see if they give any credence to the growing movement to allow 'safe standing areas' at stadia. This area would be perfect for a standing area given that it was one before we reached the SPL.

Is it not the case that a fourth stand would only be built if it were possible to incorporate office space for rent, bar etc. I'm sure the last that was said was that they would more likely look at developing the corners between main stand and end stands.

our number one priority should be reducing the number of tickets sold to away fans, honestly think increasing the number of seats avaialble to home fans would be a decent pr boost over the summer and would go some way to generating more season ticket sales.  especially as the tickets wouldnt be availabel for old firm/aberdeen or big cup games, theyd be a **** of alot cheeper and more availabel to kids/families

number two priority should be increasing the capacity and quality for corporate guests, probably in the corners

then we should build a real stand in place of the bridge end, with a bar amd a hiuge club superstore

after that we start work building a proper away stand (a larger structure which should include an away bar, conference, function and badly needed in inverness- exhibition space) and get some extra money pouring in.  if it was me financiing the the thing itd be about the size of the exhibition center in aberdeen with a stand bolted onto it, the travellers could live in it if they wanted (besides weekends  :017:), called the tullochs center, ICC or something imaginative like that

then we should build a fourth stand for me  :011:

Lets not make any seats available to away fans. We could then have 7512 silent Caley Jags at every game.

Couldnt get away with that, but we could go as low as 376 away tickets (5% of ground capacity)

Heard a wee rumour that there might be plans to build an office/members pub at the stadium, where it would be is not clear but i'm sure would be welcome.

Some kind of bar near or at the stadium has been needed for a while.

Heard a wee rumour that there might be plans to build an office/members pub at the stadium, where it would be is not clear but I'm sure would be welcome.

Some kind of bar near or at the stadium has been needed for a while.

Most definitely an essential part of any complete stadium, a club house or bar preferably selling food, apart from anything else it would help generate money for the football club.

I thought that we were aware that the building of a new stand will not be feasible without a certain level of commercial floorspace, whether that be offices, retail, hotel, pub/restaurant or other uses to fund it.  Then there is the proximity of the gas main. I would also welcome supporters' pre- and post- match facilities that don't require special corporate hopitality invitations or purchases outwith the reach of most fans.  How many have taken up this weekend's £65 package which includes a possible boredom factor, the Aberdeen v Hibs match on Setanta?   

Proposed to build two fabricated buildings including gym/indoor training area and clubhouse/bar/cafe/tv room for members.

The plan is for them to go up behind the North stand. £150k investment.

Proposed to build two fabricated buildings including gym/indoor training area and clubhouse/bar/cafe/tv room for members.

Aint going to get much for £150k mannie... need that to build a standard 3 bed bungalow, unless of course its all one big shed with everything shared :017:

Current zoning of the land which the Stadium sits on and is surrounded by doesn't allow for much of the development being talked about on here.  Also, to have the zoning changed would mean a vast increase in the level of the rates.  It's not just as simple as sticking up a new building and opening whatever you like in it.

our number one priority should be reducing the number of tickets sold to away fans, honestly think increasing the number of seats avaialble to home fans would be a decent pr boost over the summer and would go some way to generating more season ticket sales. 

Al giv you a wee insight into the running of this club. Due to illness, i am no longer working. I had been paying to go to football in Inverness since 1976 until a few yrs ago. Then at the tail end of last year, i find out i would qualify for a free season ticket because of my circumstances. Got my thinking head on, having seen half season tix for sale, I phoned the club about the possibility of an equal ticket being available to me. And i was shot down in flames and told I couldnt get one.

Now.....where is the logic in this? On prob 85% of home games, there is prob the best part of 3000 ish seats unused. But rather than show a bit of initiative, (ie: bums on seats) they would rather bypass this matter. Says it all really!

And as for cutting tix for away fans, thats ridiculous! Why limit yer income even more and have even more seats empty the majority of the time? I am no business brain, but I can see the flaw in yer proposition. Unless of course your anticipating a sudden surge of intrest from people wanting to come to the games? the sad fact is, the intrest doesnt appear to be there.

Aint going to get much for £150k mannie... need that to build a standard 3 bed bungalow, unless of course its all one big shed with everything shared :017:

If only we knew someone in the building trade who could give us a good deal!!  :016:

Current zoning of the land which the Stadium sits on and is surrounded by doesn't allow for much of the development being talked about on here.  Also, to have the zoning changed would mean a vast increase in the level of the rates.  It's not just as simple as sticking up a new building and opening whatever you like in it.

Trust you to spoil things..  :016:

Planning permission has been submitted for 2 pre-fabricated buidings to be built back to back with the North Stand.  The chairman (Alan Savage in case you didn't know  :003:) has sourced funding from outwith the club's normal budget to fund this.  As has already been said one of them would house a state of the art gym for the players to train on site and the other a 'members' bar with wide screen tvs for pre and post match use.  Sounds good to me.  :021: :021: :021: :021:

See today's Highland News for further information.