FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline home Feb2024

tm4tj

40 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Finally,I think the loanees have shown real grit and determination and need to be cut a bit of slack.

Yes I probably was a bit harsh but I just really question the decision to get rid of Welsh and Carson when we’re in such a predicament. Seems like they weren’t thought if as good enough and yet I’m not seeing any improvement with what we’ve taken in. 

I would have taken a draw before the game, but Dunfermline were poorer than expected and what with the other results, I am now really disappointed.  

We started brightly and to be fair, there was good commitment, throughout the team till the final whistle.  When Dunfermline pressed us in midfield we often played some pretty neat stuff to keep possession under pressure. The trouble is, we created next to nothing and there is a worrying lack of inventiveness.  Even when there is a shooting opportunity they pass rather than have a pop.  We have to take a few more risks up-front.

Billy has a poor record of taking penalties.  Credit to him for standing up and taking responsibility but surely we must have others in the side who can hit the ball harder and closer to side of the goal.

Highlight was Devine's brilliant block on the line.  Superb!

And whilst we on the positives, that result extends our unbeaten run to 3 games.  :twothumbsup: 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 4
  • Funny 2

16 hours ago, forresjags said:

The bunch of loanees were the standouts tonight. Not sure where your thinking comes from to question their commitment. Cammy Kerr easily the best player on the park tonight

And Samuel certainly put himself about, I sat next to two guys who had come up from Manchester [not ICT fans, just Ground hopping] and they felt he was perhaps MOTM for effort, really frustrating that Mckay had his penalty saved [he has form]. I thought Kerr looked at ease in midfield [looks like he will have to stand in for Gilmour for a while]  as did McAllister [although he turned into people a few times]. Savage won lots of headers, but seems short of pace. Harper was pretty good down the left, and was found often with long balls cross field. As for Devine he had monster game in defence and three headers over the bar from our corners [good that he got to them, less good that he was off target each time.

Shaw should really be on a wing full time IMV

Good news that we have Anderson back next match, kinda think we were a bit quick to let Bray go out on loan

A real kick in the teeth that Cillian Sheridan scored one and made two for Queens Park last night...mad that Dundee United lost at home, and Partick not showing good form at all, both results benefitting our immediate rivals

Now that Austin Samuels is finally fit, could he give us half a dozen 'purple patch' games

My gut feeling is we will be safe....but it wont be comfortable

It was a quick trip up for me, I was on the 6:35 out of Inverness Airport this morning, next Dundee United away!

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

Yep, On reflection and bearing in mind that it was a pretty make shift side we did no bad!

Pity about Billy's pysh penalty where he did it all wrong, As we said for most of the game that 1 goal would probably been enough for 3 points.

Alex Samuel did a power of work but didn't see a lot of support for him, Duffy did ok considering he's no trained for weeks, And i'm thinking Savage is looking fine in defence where he reads the game pretty well.

As for Devine's heading ability..  ouch!  Even Carragher had a good chance with a header blasted well wide, So onto Morton game, I think it will go one of two ways, First is a bit of a mauling where that useless dumpling for us and goal merchant for them will score a couple for a big win.

Or..  we play our hearts out and snatch a welcome win with Samuel getting a late winner! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

59 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Caley 100 being positive is the most heartening post I have seen in ages OR has he been hacked?

Agreed even I’ve given Victor Meldrew a green dot. 
Dougal

• tm4tj unpinned this topic