SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO ?

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Its always tease, tease, tease - you're happy when I'm on my knees - one day its fine and then its black - so IF you want me off your back - well come on and let me know

• STAY - HOME AND AWAY
    • AWAY ONLY
    • GONE ALTOGETHER
    • STILL NOT SURE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, Drake said:

Whether you’re a fan of training in central Scotland or not, the alarming issue is if enough supporters boycott, then there won’t be a club left. 

I feel strongly that we should support the team through thick and thin. If you really don’t like the training idea or if you really want certain figures gone, then perhaps try something else. Maybe protest at the matches. But the danger here is if enough regular season ticket holders boycott, then once the boycott ends there won’t be an ICT left. 

Depriving the club of money risking it going bust is certainly a bold move to get rid of the current CEO / Chairman / Manager / whoever else.

They will be gone, but at this rate so will ICT. I think everyone really needs to take stock here.

Sorry. Its too late. Even if this decision gets reversed tomorrow I'm probably done. Supported the club in 2 guises for a long long time and have never felt so disenfranchised from it ever. Been building up for a while now tbh with the CEO and board not giving a thought about us at all whilst gambling the clubs future. Withholding my money is the only power I have so will not be spending a penny in the near future. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Sorry. Its too late. Even if this decision gets reversed tomorrow I'm probably done. Supported the club in 2 guises for a long long time and have never felt so disenfranchised from it ever. Been building up for a while now tbh with the CEO and board not giving a thought about us at all whilst gambling the clubs future. Withholding my money is the only power I have so will not be spending a penny in the near future. 

I understand your view and your commitment and support to the club through the years is obvious.  But if everyone takes your current view, it won’t just be the near future that you won’t be spending a penny, it will be forever, as the club will go bust. Are you genuinely content to risk that? Board members, coaches and players come and go. The current board won’t be here forever. Big Dunc won’t be here forever. But the fans will be…. Unless the club goes bust due to literally a lack of fans buying tickets. Worrying. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Well Said 1

2 minutes ago, Drake said:

I understand your view and your commitment and support to the club through the years is obvious.  But if everyone takes your current view, it won’t just be the near future that you won’t be spending a penny, it will be forever, as the club will go bust. Are you genuinely content to risk that? Board members, coaches and players come and go. The current board won’t be here forever. Big Dunc won’t be here forever. But the fans will be…. Unless the club goes bust due to literally a lack of fans buying tickets. Worrying. 

Someone's sounding desperate.

Resign before YOU kill the club.  At least the fans would then have a chance to undo the mess you've created.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Drake said:

Well my friends, family and I have spent a small fortune on ICT over the years. This has dwindled as we have not been catered for in last few seasons with less opportunity to spend on events such as dinners, hospitality etc. 

Our CEO stated at the battery farm meeting that ST money only covers 2 months expenditure so if he is telling the truth the club should be just fine? However he did also state no clubs make a profit in the championship which is plainly untrue. Interestingly the ones that did make a profit are either fan owned or concentrate on being fan focused. The board took their eye of the ball and forgot about small income (which adds up) for Big risky projects. I am not against alternative income BTW and fans were happy to rally round club when asked to lobby Cllrs prior to the battery farm decision. 

I really don't know how we got to the awful state tbh. I just feel so sad. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

8 minutes ago, STFU said:

Someone's sounding desperate.

Resign before YOU kill the club.  At least the fans would then have a chance to undo the mess you've created.

Me?! 😂 what am I supposed to resign from?! I’m just expressing my view as a season ticket paying supporter. 

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Well my friends, family and I have spent a small fortune on ICT over the years. This has dwindled as we have not been catered for in last few seasons with less opportunity to spend on events such as dinners, hospitality etc. 

Our CEO stated at the battery farm meeting that ST money only covers 2 months expenditure so if he is telling the truth the club should be just fine? However he did also state no clubs make a profit in the championship which is plainly untrue. Interestingly the ones that did make a profit are either fan owned or concentrate on being fan focused. The board took their eye of the ball and forgot about small income (which adds up) for Big risky projects. I am not against alternative income BTW and fans were happy to rally round club when asked to lobby Cllrs prior to the battery farm decision. 

I really don't know how we got to the awful state tbh. I just feel so sad. 

I think the 3 main sources of funds in recent years have been season tickets, prize money and Ross Morrison who in some seasons may well have been the largest of those. Prize money in League 1 is obviously much less than in the Championship, cup runs are unlikely too, and our benefactor seems to be turning off the tap and making the club live within its means - so I suspect that in the budget for next season, season tickets will be a much larger proportion of revenue than before.

Interesting about the fan owned clubs being the only ones not loss making. Is that perhaps simply because they have no choice but to live within their means, as there is not a wealthy shareholder to bail them out if expenditure exceeds income for any reason?

Totally agreed with your final para by the way.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I think the 3 main sources of funds in recent years have been season tickets, prize money and Ross Morrison who in some seasons may well have been the largest of those. Prize money in League 1 is obviously much less than in the Championship, cup runs are unlikely too, and our benefactor seems to be turning off the tap and making the club live within its means - so I suspect that in the budget for next season, season tickets will be a much larger proportion of revenue than before.

Interesting about the fan owned clubs being the only ones not loss making. Is that perhaps simply because they have no choice but to live within their means, as there is not a wealthy shareholder to bail them out if expenditure exceeds income for any reason?

Totally agreed with your final para by the way.

I'm only going by what ScoT Gardiner said at the meeting re STs BTW. 

The clubs I know who made a profit are Morton and Ayr. There may be others? Ayr are not fan owned but very fan focused. I know someone who travels from up here for home games. 

Edited by old caley girl

For all the despair I think the situation is retrievable. I think of the example of Raith Rovers, who went through completely alienating their fan base, for different reasons, a couple of years ago. They have come out of that experience far stronger as a club and have had their best season in decades, with a far more energised and engaged fan base. I’m not saying stopping this will mean we shoot back immediately but if the fans can stop it, if we can get new people involved off the pitch then we can reinvigorate the club from top to bottom.  As Old Caley Girl says, the current board  all seem to be about the hare-brained schemes and have forgotten about making the stadium a worthwhile place to attend.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, Drake said:

Whether you’re a fan of training in central Scotland or not, the alarming issue is if enough supporters boycott, then there won’t be a club left. 

I feel strongly that we should support the team through thick and thin. If you really don’t like the training idea or if you really want certain figures gone, then perhaps try something else. Maybe protest at the matches. But the danger here is if enough regular season ticket holders boycott, then once the boycott ends there won’t be an ICT left. 

Depriving the club of money risking it going bust is certainly a bold move to get rid of the current CEO / Chairman / Manager / whoever else.

They will be gone, but at this rate so will ICT. I think everyone really needs to take stock here.

It is the Board who need to take stock here.  If the massive negative reaction to the Kelty project does not persuade those ICT fans on the Board to get rid of those who are bit by bit destroying this club with their repeated failures and their total disregard of the needs and views of the supporters, then there is little option.  I am sure there will be protests, but I am not putting my money into the club to see it used to fund projects which further damage the club.  

Supporters' money will flow into the club when those who are currently destroying it are gone.  If the current Board members want to save the club, they know what they have to do.  They should have done it long ago.  Withholding money will maybe help concentrate their minds.  I'm withholding my money to save the club, not kill it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Well Said 2

I was just looking at the poll results and it’s 52% that are a definite no myself included. There is also a 16% away only. Should they be added together as in both sets neither will be giving anything to the club. There is still a few undecided but even if this partly equates to season tickets it will be a sizeable amount of money not going to the club. As for walk ups can’t imagine many going on a Saturday with this total disconnect from the club to the fans. Was interesting today to see the  Clach post about their young players and development awards and how they state in it that it is for the good of the youngsters in the area. I think they were having a little chuckle at us 😀 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Drake said:

I feel strongly that we should support the team through thick and thin. If you really don’t like the training idea or if you really want certain figures gone, then perhaps try something else. Maybe protest at the matches. 

There's a risk there won't be a club left. It won't be the fault of the supporters though. 

There have been chants of "Gardiner GTF" for weeks but he doesn't care he believes he knows best. The club have shown for years that they don't care what the fans think or listen to a word the fans say. Why would they suddenly change that now? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Drake said:

But the danger here is if enough regular season ticket holders boycott, then once the boycott ends there won’t be an ICT left

That will never be the case, even if ICT goes tits up, we have a loyal enough fanbase to start a phoenix side in the District League

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

For all the despair I think the situation is retrievable. I think of the example of Raith Rovers, who went through completely alienating their fan base, for different reasons, a couple of years ago. They have come out of that experience far stronger as a club and have had their best season in decades, with a far more energised and engaged fan base. I’m not saying stopping this will mean we shoot back immediately but if the fans can stop it, if we can get new people involved off the pitch then we can reinvigorate the club from top to bottom.  As Old Caley Girl says, the current board  all seem to be about the hare-brained schemes and have forgotten about making the stadium a worthwhile place to attend.

Raith fans filled the away end and the bit round the corner today at dingwall. Usually only Celtic, rangers, hearts, Aberdeen can achieve that.
announced they had 2,300 there, the vast majority kitted out in yellow tops.

so they are defo not alienating THEIR fan base.

• Like 1

I haven’t been to a home game since before the start of the Covid pandemic and only a handful away, the expense of the 1100 mile round trip is just too much for me these days. Consequently, I feel it’s not for me to have an opinion in the same way as a regular ST holder and not eligible to cast a vote in the poll. However, if I were a ST holder I wouldn’t renew my season ticket, I’d be boycotting home games until this toxic regime is gone.

I feel strongly that this is the only form of direct action that will have any impact on this board, all they seem to care about is the money. Yes, it is a risk denying the club that income stream but we have to face facts, SG and his mates are killing our club anyway, it’s death by a thousand cuts.

And let’s face it, if this plan goes ahead it wouldn’t really be our club you’d be spending your money on to go and support. They may run onto the pitch wearing ICT shirts but that’s as far as it goes, the spirit will have gone, they wouldn’t be part of the community that the club is supposed to represent.

Only found out about this shambles today and still can’t believe it - all so very sad that it’s come to this, ultimately because of one man and the fools who hired him. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I’ll continue to go to games as I always do. The majority of my games are away so not particularly supporting the club through ticket sales anyway. I probably only make it up to Inverness 2 or 3 times a season. 

Having a pish manager and a bunch of journeymen is 100% less enjoyable,  but staying at home and missing out is usually worse. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, ictchris said:

TBF having some guys come in and pump a bit of cash into the club to sign decent players normally helps out with getting fans along. However, the general point of Raith being a mess off the pitch and seriously straightening themselves up would hopefully be achievable for ICT as well.

So the Drake Plan is to keep paying their wages and wait until they get fed up and go ? Does protesting at matches have any effect ? A boycott may significantly affect the club but there is no club with these jokers at the helm. Better to scuttle the vessel and resurrect HMS Sneck. There actually is a brave enough crew to do that. And can't wait for Drake to walk the plank. Aye aye me hearties. Get out the rum rations, the voyage is about to begin.

• Like 1

Without the fans, there is no point to a football club.

If the club's obliviousness to the views of the fans continues, then I won't be attending home games next season.

I'm still holding out for a change of heart re- the Kelty thing though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So the Drake Plan is to keep paying their wages and wait until they get fed up and go ? Does protesting at matches have any effect ? A boycott may significantly affect the club but there is no club with these jokers at the helm. Better to scuttle the vessel and resurrect HMS Sneck. There actually is a brave enough crew to do that. And can't wait for Drake to walk the plank. Aye aye me hearties. Get out the rum rations, the voyage is about to begin.

There is another option Johndo.

Nobody (on here anyway) seems to be considering a scenario where it all works out. 

There is a good chance that with our new pool of player recruitment, we gain promotion in the same season where we also win the battery farm appeal. Credit will then be due. So, as I have said previously, let’s give this plan a chance and for goodness sake let’s WELCOME the new players and give them our backing!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Drake said:

There is another option Johndo.

Nobody (on here anyway) seems to be considering a scenario where it all works out. 

There is a good chance that with our new pool of player recruitment, we gain promotion in the same season where we also win the battery farm appeal. Credit will then be due. So, as I have said previously, let’s give this plan a chance and for goodness sake let’s WELCOME the new players and give them our backing!

You just don't get it!

Last season we had a squad which was good enough to gain promotion back to the championship.  We were very unlucky to be relegated in such a tight division.  Despite a lot of injury problems we were a penalty miss away from 5th and in reality, had a squad that was good enough to challenge for promotion.  We might have done so with a better manager.  The powers that be on the Board were negotiating this absurd scheme whilst we were in the Championship and not expecting to be relegated. They, presumably, expect this scheme to produce a squad which will put us back in the Premiership.  Anything except promotion straight back to the Championship will therefore represent an absolute failure for the scheme.

But do you really think the scheme will allow for recruitment of players that will take us back to the Championship, let alone to the Premiership?  As previously explained, the scheme makes it far more difficult for any player who actually lives in Inverness or would be happy to come and live in this wonderful part of the country for a year or two.  The only players for whom this scheme will be attractive are players living within easy commuting distance of Kelty.  These players will also be within easy communing distance of numerous other clubs looking to recruit.  So tell me, what makes you think that these guys will sign up for us and a 3 hour trip up the A9 before and after matches, rather than a more local club where they are embedded in the camaraderie of the club infrastructure and the local community?  Success will depend on recruiting a very significant number of such players.  Logic tells us that the only players we will attract will be ones who can't get a contract with a central belt team.   A team of rejects with no link to Inverness are more likely to see us relegated than promoted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 8

3 hours ago, Drake said:

There is a good chance that with our new pool of player recruitment, we gain promotion in the same season where we also win the battery farm appeal.

You obviously missed what I said the other day.  If the team - I am not saying "we" - wins promotion, then SG & co will claim that it is due to the move. 

And the team will NEVER move back to Sneck.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:49 PM, Gringo said:

Maybe I'll just be selfish and get the grounds I've never been to in the book. Montrose, Annan (a home game for me :rotflmao:), Dumbarton, Cove Rangers and...yes....Kelty Hearts. :ictscarf:

Annan Athletic is definitely on my horizon, I can get the West Coast mainline train from London to Carlisle and then its half an hour from Carlisle, probably an overnighter in Carlisle. Dumbarton is also an possibilty, obvs will still try to get to home games.

I felt once we ended up in the relegation play-offs, we were unlikely to beat Hamilton. Annoyingly we missed out on safety by small margins, as we did promotion play-offs the year before.

I see quite a few blaming the players for having no fight, I'm not sure thats true, tactic's seem more to blame, and as I said several times lack of a proper winger. [Shaw and Longstaff could probably have done the job, but Shaw was used as a centralised player-maker before his injuries, I thought Longstaff showed promise but was out injured too long too]

We had some injuries, but I still think a team that included Devine, Savage, Boyes, Harper, Kerr, McKay, Alex Samuel, Duffy, Gilmour, Laval, Ujdur and Anderson should have been good enough...I never really understood why Bray was allowd out on loan either, he seemed to be the stand out player at the start of the season.  Ferguson managed a new manager bounce, but seemed to run out of ideas quite quickly. Still we got rid of Doddsball.... I wonder how people who wanted him out feel now, was that the right decision with the wrong replacement?

I kind of understand the reasoning behind using Kelty as a training base, but obviously also understand why that rankles, it might ease one problem, but what happens to the youth team?

Frankly the size of our home crowd, is always going to be an issue from the financial point of view, I just wish I could win the Euromillions, but until then, it seems hand-to-mouth stuff

Anyway hopefully ICT can keep going, it might be a slow process to get back to the better times, but hopefully we will come back stronger...eventually

• Like 2