League Cup Group Stage 2024/25

RiG

We've been drawn against Dundee, Arbroath, Annan Athletic and Bonnyrigg Rose. Another exciting group of unfamiliar teams to test ourselves against!

• Sad 1

Thats not very inspiring for selling to superstar Central belt talent.

We really need to be aiming for minimum 2nd in that group although I fear we could be much more likely bottom end.

• Like 1

With the few contracted players we have left and the likely poorer calibre of summer additions it wouldn’t surprise me to see us bottom of the group - hopefully I’m wrong but I very much doubt we’ll progress past the group stage.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

This going to encourage anyone for an away trip to Bonnyrigg

Screenshot_20240529-205330_Facebook.jpg

Buzzing for a trip here. Last time I was there was for their title win in the East of Scotland League. I didn’t once think we’d be playing them never mind thinking we actually might lose this! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have no basis for this but I have a feeling we'll be away to Dundee and Annan and home to Bonnyrigg and Arbroath. Suspect we are all hoping for a trip to Midlothian though!

Edited by RiG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I have no basis for this but I have a feeling we'll be away to Dundee and Annan and home to Bonnyrigg and Arbroath. Suspect we are all hoping for a trip to Midlothian though!

At least they're all close!

RiG is usually right with these predictions although everybody wants Bonnyrigg away, probably including Bonnyrigg themselves. Although maybe their hardy band of fans will fancy another day out like last year.
Bonnyrigg pub guide incoming if it happens.

On 5/30/2024 at 9:26 AM, RiG said:

As expected. The dullest of the dullest fixtures we could have gotten. Another snorefest of a League Cup group.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RiG said:

As expected. The dullest of the dullest fixtures we could have gotten. Another snorefest of a League Cup group.

We might set a new record for the Group stage with goals conceded. Currently no news on how the few contracted players have responded to the Kelty change to their contracts. No news about new signings other than a lot of central based players are were being lined up to wear the once famous ICT strip if they can train in Fife.

35 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

We might set a new record for the Group stage with goals conceded. Currently no news on how the few contracted players have responded to the Kelty change to their contracts. No news about new signings other than a lot of central based players are were being lined up to wear the once famous ICT strip if they can train in Fife.

This article sums it up, and confirms the 9 currently contracted for next season:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6487637/caley-thistle-set-to-be-without-a-goalkeeping-coach-and-a-single-signed-goalkeeper/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2Qg7G7L2S0ry9KiKDaWktehHc3AV8VtMhWlSZNIOx1Cps583fEPcSltMc_aem_AathZPX-YhV_zrWz7tJsTiRZEyzKZoPSDWzsUgY30t4ApZgKNup5vE6zIr-2ARCTTSwK1aOATcNR5FPQSFhg6T0P

Hate clicking on links for the P&J (and Courier) far too many pop ups / ads / subscribe to this / subscribe to that...so I didn't. Can you spill the beams? Who's in? 

Strange, it let me open it. The 9 are Devine, Ujdur, Savage, Nicolson, Davidson, Gilmour, Longstaff, Brooks and Mckay.

The article is mainly about Ryan Esson and our ‘keepers all being out of contract. 

• Thank You 1