FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robson

Jay_7

Read in one the tabloid's yesterday (not the most reliable of source's, I know) that Barry Robson - given the opportunity would come back in a flash according to Caff.  Given that we do have a bit of money to play with now, and we are looking for someone to go in the left midfield position, I'd take him back in a flash!  :crazy07:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arab4Ever

He has just signed a 3.5 year deal at Tannadice. Plus I dont see why he would take a step back in his career especially when he is widely considered close to a Scotland call up.

What planet are you on?

Planet 'reminiscence' I believe and would refer this astronomy student to Professor Mantis' other thread where he gave his own version of the big bang theory. In this case, the bang in question was the sound of Arab fans coming back down to earth with a bump  :rotflmao:

{CLICK HERE}

Guest Arab4Ever

:rotflmao: step back!  What planet are you on?

You lot just dont get it do you?

How many appearances did Robson make in Europe for Inverness?

How many cup finals did he participate in for Inverness?

How many cup semi finals did he participate in for Inverness?

Where will he be paid more?

Where is he club captain?

Who is more likely to improve your game - Charlie Christie a failed Celtic player* whos ambition is summed up by deciding to return to Highland League Football or a Scottish International with 16 caps?

Which club is bigger? - ambition, money, attendances, stadium yadda yadda

Which club is more likely to get him a big money move and give him a chance to put him in the shop window should he want it?

Where is he going to play infront of more fans? - your home support is an utter joke and even your second division rivals have a bigger, better and nicer stadium

Where is he on the brink of an internation call up? christ have ict ever had a full scottish international?

Its completely pathetic trying to think otherwise. Really, it is. Your a small club who has had some success and done well to move up the leagues but you still dont have that much to attract players. Just accept it and get on with it. And yes many Arabs live in the past, mostly the older ones. I certainly dont though.

* Charlie Christie walked up to look at the Celtic team sheet one match day and when he noticed that he wasnt even on the bench he threw a tantrum, left the stadium in the huff and drove up (home I pressume) to Inverness. He then gets a phone call a wee while later and it turns out he was finally about to get his big chance in the starting eleven but he didnt bother to check the starting eleven to see if he was in it. Hence he never played for Celtic again :015:

Guest Arab4Ever

:rotflmao:  Seriously keep going - this is the sort of stuff that'll get you your big break in a comedy club!

DUFC for relegation next season!  :rotflmao:

your obviously a complete tool  :blah01:

you'l say anything but you dont have the first clue to back it up :015:

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Arab4Ever a Month, Week, Joke - whatever you really are or are not  :014:

From your posts in this thread it sounds like your trying to sell your club ffs and doing a sh1te job of it. Have you been at the Eddie Thompson school :024:

Big deal about United's history, how many appearances in europe, how much Robson will be paid, how many cup semi-finals and all that tosh you've bleeted on about, because thats what it is, just history and the past.

Deal in the facts now Arab, your club is crap! Christ its tool supporters like you who bring the laughing stock on your club, Just look at Leeds United for a club with a so called big history and playing in League 1 next season.

It dont matter if your champions league semi-finalists 6 years ago or an SPL side who cant get past Mypa in a diddy round, Your never a big club, so all this United are a bigger and more attractive club than inverness tosh, Get a grip :017:

Now i hope the Arabs dont suffer major damage and end up 2 leagues lower down with a bleak future ahead but its tools like you i'd love to see suffering that happening to their team :symbol_exclaim01:

:rotflmao:  Seriously keep going - this is the sort of stuff that'll get you your big break in a comedy club!

So because I can't be arsed responding sensibly to your utter drivel, that therefore makes me a complete tool?  I refer you to the link further up the page that Scotty so kindly posted.  DUFC are NOT a bigger club than ICT at the moment, you're forgetting that apart from this season, since ICT have won promotion DUFC have been relegation fodder.

Guest Arab4Ever

we are a bigger club and we are more desirable to many players. hence why i mentioned europe, cup finals etc (the recent ones) you lot are stupid if you think Barry Robson would return to ICT. why can you not understand that?

Guest Arab4Ever

So because I can't be arsed responding sensibly to your utter drivel, that therefore makes me a complete tool?  I refer you to the link further up the page that Scotty so kindly posted.  DUFC are NOT a bigger club than ICT at the moment, you're forgetting that apart from this season, since ICT have won promotion DUFC have been relegation fodder.

yes, we are a bigger club than ICT. we have a much larger fanbase , a much bigger stadium and financially have much larger incomes and expenses. that doesnt disguise the fact the team on the park is ***** most of the time. it does mean DUFC are bigger than ICT though :015: :015:

you lot are stupid if you think Barry Robson would return to ICT. why can you not understand that?

Just a thought here but are you good personal friends with Barry Robson?  Thought not, Stuart McCaffrey is however, and it was HIM, not us that suggested it in the paper with the direct quote of "he'd come back in a flash".  Now call me stupid all you like, I'd say Caff is in a substantially better position to comment on what Robson would or would not do than you are.  I agree with Caff, I think he'd come back in a flash due to him being among no hopers at Tannadice, where, if he performed poorly, the fans would not hesitate to boo him off the park.  The family atmosphere up here is a lot better than the boo boys you lot have.  For having a stadium capacity of 14209, an average attendance of 7226 is nothing to shout about - 50% of your stadium filled on average... Woo hoo!  :crazy07:  We on the other hand have a stadium capacity of 7400, and attract an average of 4791 - 64% of maximum capacity.  There goes your much bigger stadium theory.  Financially speaking your only in the position you're in because of Eddie Thompson(sp?), yes Dundee is a bigger city than Inverness but not by much - so your fanbase theory is warped as well.  But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of you're little DUFC bubble of dreams.

Actually I want to burst your bubble...

Season 98/99 Pts - 34 finished - 9th (6pts clear of relegation)

99/00 Pts - 39 Finished - 8th (6pts clear of relegation)

00/01 Pts - 35 Finished - 11th (5pts clear of relegation)

01/02 Pts - 46 Finished - 8th (25pts clear of relegation) - due to a very poor St Johnstone

02/03 Pts - 32 Finished - 11th (4pts clear of relegation)

03/04 Pts - 49 Finished - 5th (23pts clear of relegation) - reasonably successful

04/05 Pts - 36 Finished 9th (3pts clear of relegation)

05/06 Pts - 33 Finished 9th (15pts clear of relegation) - had it not been for Livingstone you would have stayed up by goal difference alone.

Excluding one season, DUFC have been consistantly gash.  Next season is when you will be found out and First division looms - but on the upside you'll have your derby back  :021:

The defence rests - a lot like Yinited's when a team is on the attack  :crazy07:

Guest Arab4Ever

you lot are stupid if you think Barry Robson would return to ICT. why can you not understand that?

Just a thought here but are you good personal friends with Barry Robson?  Thought not, Stuart McCaffrey is however, and it was HIM, not us that suggested it in the paper with the direct quote of "he'd come back in a flash".  Now call me stupid all you like, I'd say Caff is in a substantially better position to comment on what Robson would or would not do than you are.  I agree with Caff, I think he'd come back in a flash due to him being among no hopers at Tannadice, where, if he performed poorly, the fans would not hesitate to boo him off the park.  The family atmosphere up here is a lot better than the boo boys you lot have.  For having a stadium capacity of 14209, an average attendance of 7226 is nothing to shout about - 50% of your stadium filled on average... Woo hoo!  :crazy07:  We on the other hand have a stadium capacity of 7400, and attract an average of 4791 - 64% of maximum capacity.  There goes your much bigger stadium theory.  Financially speaking your only in the position you're in because of Eddie Thompson(sp?), yes Dundee is a bigger city than Inverness but not by much - so your fanbase theory is warped as well.  But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of you're little DUFC bubble of dreams.

Well as you correctly said McCaffreys comment was in a tabloid and therefore probably pish.  There goes my bigger stadium theory? Well um, actually it has 4 permanent stands and holds 6983 more people. So yes its DEFININTLY bigger.

Our attendances are thay great but they're still bigger than yours and that highlighted my point about Barry Robson probably wanting to play in front of a larger crowd. Our crowd is bigger than yours regardless of city size, number of teams in city (dont forget Dundee has two), price to get in, value for money etc.

Barry Robson would not got booed by the United support, he has become " an untouchable" whether thats a good thing or a bad thing I dunno.

Dundee is 3 times bigger than Inverness (population) by the way although I guess you will have a much larger catchment area outside Inverness itself.

And I dont really care where we finished 3 seasons ago, 5 seasons ago etc. As you keep reminding us, the past is the past. And for the first time ever I reckon Utd have a pretty decent chance next year off reaching top 6. In fact I'l wager 50 big ones that we finish higher than Inverness next season.

I'll decline your wager on the knowledge that by the end of next season, you will be a poor student and will need your "fifty big ones".

There goes my bigger stadium theory? Well um, actually it has 4 permanent stands and holds 6983 more people. So yes its DEFININTLY bigger.

Are you sure you're about to go to uni?  Most children grow out of that kind of argumentation by high school.  My point still stands - you have 6983 more seats than us but can only muster about 3000 extra fans every Saturday than us?  We are perhaps only a few years away from a 4th stand.  Therefore we have more potential.  It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.

Our attendances are thay great but they're still bigger than yours and that highlighted my point about Barry Robson probably wanting to play in front of a larger crowd.

I'll reiterate my point from earlier; exactly who are you to say what Robson would or would not want to do?

Guest Arab4Ever

We on the other hand have a stadium capacity of 7400, and attract an average of 4791 - 64% of maximum capacity.  There goes your much bigger stadium theory. 

I dont get this bit, how have you squeezed potential into it? Tannadice is bigger than TCS the end

As much as I think some of arab4evers arguments are flawed, I must put my hands up and say that United are by far and away the bigger club.

However the big difference between ICT and united, heck even Inverness and Dundee, is that we are rapidly moving forward, while you are rapidly going backwards. End of story

Guest kingkojak

Well as you correctly said McCaffreys comment was in a tabloid and therefore probably pish.  There goes my bigger stadium theory? Well um, actually it has 4 permanent stands and holds 6983 more people. So yes its DEFININTLY bigger.

the only reason you have four stands is thanks to a mr duncan ferguson and the small matter of rangers' 4 million quid.

in fact, it wasn't so long ago that the two dundee clubs were considering a ground share.  i have a feeling that as soon as eddie thompsons illness gets the better of him your club will be screwed!  its well known down here that his son has absolutely no interest in the club and despairs that eddie squanders his money as he does chasing tangerine dreams.

of course united are a bigger club than ICT.  and its ridiculous to suggest that a clubs history isnt important.  however, the important fact is that ICT are a well run and financially secure club. united arent!  they rely far to heavily on their suger daddy. 

the arab bubble will burst!  mark my words