FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think warnock should be forgotten , we couuld never the wages he has been on i doubt he would come to scotland , doubt kenny will leave dunfermline , would like to see park given the job but he's said before that he doesnt want a managers job but you never know , shearer wouldnt be a bad assitant either

Me!! I applied for the Man City job for a laugh and got a response saying they're sorry, but despite being impressed with my plans for club I'm not what they're looking for!  :015: :015: :015:

Find an online Lithuanian translator and have a stab at the Hearts job, you'l most likley get it  :015:

Thanks Caley D - A good tribute to CC - Very reminiscent of Kenny Dalglish's departure from Liverpool when he quit because of the effects on his health and the pressure on his family....

Also good to know that Donald has been placed in temporary charge.... It will be interesting to see what happens if they suddenly string a few wins together under his control...

Billy Stark crossed my mind too, Pele is God. Didn't have a great record at St Johnstone but has lots of experience at Celtic and Kilmarnock and has done a great job at Queen's Park. He's also not too weegie-centric, having been a hero at Aberdeen for a few years.

Lambert fits the sort of profile the club has gone for in the past, but he's probably on better money at Wycombe. Warnock would be a blast but would only come up here if he really thought the club would be a stepping stone to a much bigger job.

Robbo & Brewster absolutely not. Pele - heart says Yes, head says No Way.

I wonder if I would make a good manager? :024:  Well if someone's reading this at ICT here goes:

1. I would be a lot more vocal than previous manager which may spur the team on.

2. I would attempt something different in the way the line up is set up. ie Stop going along with the crowd and use a 4-2-4 formation (it worked for Brazil in the 70s and Real Madrid).

3. I would also encourage local talent and with the help of CaleyThistleOnline make the best decsions for the fans and the club.

If ICT can't find anyone else to do it I will happily take the job.

:rotflmao:  Yer off the feckin head...aye?

I'd nick Toronto's manager

not in a million years !!!! The jury is still well and truly out on Mo Johnston with some thinking he is doing ok and others thinking he is total and utter mince. I am on the fence on that one - some of the things he has done have been decent, others have defied explanation ..... he is not a serious candidate to manage ANY SPL team

I think it's fair to say that the likes of Terry Butcher & Paul Lambert are non starters. We'd never be able to afford the compensation there clubs would be after.

The simple facts are that most decent mangers are in jobs already. So we are either looking for lower league Scottish managers, has beens that no one wants to give one more shot too or untried new managers  :024:

2. I would attempt something different in the way the line up is set up. ie Stop going along with the crowd and use a 4-2-4 formation (it worked for Brazil in the 70s and Real Madrid).

so which two of our 27,000 midfielders would get the nod ?

Here's a tenuous link... didn't Barry Wilson get on well with a certain Alan Shearer while doing coaching training?

Alan Shearer maybe?

surprised nobody has mentioned Barry either! it has to be one of the cheaper options available ;)

Some of the names on this thread are chilling:

Stephen kenny - terrible manager, the Pars will be in the First for a few seasons now.

John Robertson - Failed at Hearts, failed at County, failed at Livingston.

Maurice Malpas - Didn't endear himself to the board when he was interviewed in 2004, made a horses arse of Motherwell.

Donald Park - Not a manager I'm afraid.

Joe Miller - No, no, no, no, no.

I wouldn't mind Neil Warnock, if only to see the banter between him and Strachan on the touchline but it'd never happen.  Terry Butcher is a decent shout and I wouldn't mind seeing Brewster back, he did well with us previously and knows most of the players.  He could also do a turn up front.

Someone on P&B suggested Allan Moore, Stirling Albion boss as a dark horse?

Guest TinCanFan

:rotflmao:   Yer off the feckin head...aye?

Maybe I am :004:.   If the Reds want rid of Johnston I'd happily take him.  Don't know if he'd be any good though.

surprised nobody has mentioned Barry either! it has to be one of the cheaper options available ;)

I mentioned him earlier.  He might be a good player/manager.

Guest TinCanFan

I thought Sheringham aswell but he has just started playing for Colchester so I doubt he would leave so soon.  On the Man U note Jesper Blomquist is a manager in Sweden I wonder if he would be interested. :024:

Here's a tenuous link... didn't Barry Wilson get on well with a certain Alan Shearer while doing coaching training?

Alan Shearer maybe?

I'd happily give Shearer a chance if he was interested and got the job, However as trivial as it maybe, Im thinking he'd be looking at an English club if any, He'd also want to dissapear off to Newcastle the minute he starts doing well and the toon army turn on Allardyce, plus I honestly dont think we'd be able to match his BBC wage for MOTD especially with the European Championships at the end of this season if  :sillywave: England  :sillywave: were to actually get there.

The longer this thread goes on I am now coming to the conclusion that it might not be such a good idea to allow the fans to choose a successor to CC as I suggested on another thread..... :024:

democracy is wonderful, until we actually get it  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

For me, I guess I will wait and see what names are seriously in the frame before saying who my preference is ...... but as we are going down the blunderbuss route of mentioning as many names as possible and seeing which ones might be correct, here's a couple of additional names that might be mentioned ..... Hagi and/or Popescu !!!

Guest TinCanFan

The longer this thread  here's a couple of additional names that might be mentioned ..... Hagi and/or Popescu !

I mentioned them earlier aswell.  They might have the necessary to be good managers.  A joint venture perhaps.

The longer this thread goes on I am now coming to the conclusion that it might not be such a good idea to allow the fans to choose a successor to CC as I suggested on another thread..... :024:

democracy is wonderful, until we actually get it  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

For me, I guess I will wait and see what names are seriously in the frame before saying who my preference is ...... but as we are going down the blunderbuss route of mentioning as many names as possible and seeing which ones might be correct, here's a couple of additional names that might be mentioned ..... Hagi and/or Popescu !!!

Believe it or not I think there names have already been mentioned  :015:

Hagi is manager of Steaua Bucharest now so I think it's safe to remove him from the list of candidates. At this rate we'll have more names than signed the Nculae petition  :crazy07: