FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Warnock's name was mentioned on the radio this morning - I wonder if they get there info from this website  :003:

Not only mentioned but quoted as saying he would be very interested....  :014:

Yep. Quite encouraging. I fear that we are going to have to shell out for a new manager. We are going to have to show belief, and that will cost.

Having said that Butcher would be a top-notch catch.

if neil warnock is genuinely interested then we should go for it, even if its just for one or two seasons he would certainly save us from relegation this time round

hate to think what kind of instructions he'd give to black and roscoe, didnt he say on that football manager documentary he wouldnt care if an opposition player broke his leg if it helped sheffield united win?

easily the most hated man in english football amongst other pros, i say we snap him up asap :017:

Don't we want someone who might stay for more than ten minutes? Can't imagine Warnock staying more than a nanosecond if we actually got him.

As for Brewster, no, no , no. Our position under him was purely down to his goal-scoring, and he dumped us once, so he'd dump us again.

Guest TheSmiddy

Go get Neil Warnock Grassa, probably the best manager mentioned on here so far.  BBC website says he's keen on a move to Scotland and isn't motivated by money - we should get him on the cheap!  :004:

No no no no no no to Brewster. Left us to go to a so called bigger team. Thought the grass was greener on the other side. He was shocking in his spell as United manager. My choice would be Owen Coyle good young Scottish manager and did exceptionally well last year.

From BBC Website....

Former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock has emerged as a candidate to be Charlie Christie's successor at Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Christie resigned on Monday citing the pressures of the job with his side bottom of the Scottish Premier League.

And director of football Graeme Bennett told the Daily Express: "There have been a lot of names thrown at us.

"One of them is very interesting. It is Neil Warnock, but as yet we haven't spoken to him."

Warnock quit the Blades following their relegation from the Premiership in England last season.

And the 58-year-old said: "I have often talked about managing in Scotland.

"We have family up there and my wife has already said she would like to live in Scotland at some point.

"I'm dying to get back into the game and if Inverness or anybody else want to talk to me then I would be more than delighted to do so.

"I have not always been money-motivated. For me, it is more about the size of the challenge and working for people who have faith in me."

Quite a few for Warnock, I see.  Wasn't he on ?400K a year at Sheffield Utd?  Can't see him uprooting to Sneck for much less than at least half that amount.  Wouldn't have thought we would be in that league! 

What makes you think ?200k is outwith our budget for the managerial position?

CaleyD  I obviously don't know what our budget for the manager's job is, but I would be amazed if we had paid even ?100k a year to any of our managers up to now.  Given how we always made a virtue out of our tightly controlled players wage structure (up until the Nicolae signing that is), I would be surprised if suddenly we were in the ?200k a year bracket for a manager.  Thats all I was saying. Maybe you know better

I do however, feel that its a backward step to bring anyone back for another term.

Seems to have worked ok with Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness and Richard Hastings. Why not Brew?

Right now we are propping up the table with no points. Brewster is a safe pair of hands and someone we know. I would love to see him back at ICT.

Not sure if I have selective memory but my recollection of the Brew era was that even though we were fitter as a team Brew was tactically inept, managed through himself as a player, used subs in the 88th minute and the football we played was generally of a poor quality (except for a great spanking of Hibs in the last ICT game I saw). Our record under Brew was decent, I?ll give him that but I was always concerned with what would happen when he hung up his boots.

I think that Brews United escapade showed exactly what we would get when that happened. It showed that Brew the manager was nothing without Brew the player.

I?m a big believer that you should never go back. Brew left us for bigger and better things, he made that clear. For that I cannot forgive him and won?t welcome him back.

As for Warnock ? maybe?s aye maybe?s no. Never struck me as the best manager in the world but then again he certainly brings experience to the table. I?d give him a shot before any of the other misfits mentioned. Although the Pressley shout as player manager could sort out our defensive issues in one.

Guest Arab4Ever

I?m a big believer that you should never go back. Brew left us for bigger and better things, he made that clear.

I dont think he left for bigger and better things. He left to manage the team he supported as a boy.

I know you dont think all that much of what Brew says but heres some Brew quotage to back up my point,

"Everyone knows what this club means to me and I see this job as both an opportunity and a challenge," he added.

"It's fair to say that I didn't expect to be leaving my former club this early but sometimes circumstances change and you have to be able to think and react accordingly.

"This sort of opportunity might never come around for me again and while I know that there will be a weight of expectation, I am confident in my own ability.

"However, I am making no rash promises and setting no specific targets. We need to be more consistent and fans might need to be a little patient."

Br****er - absolutely no f***in way the judas feck made his bed - let him rot in it.

Warnock is not a great manager IMO but he wouldn't be a bad appointment.

Pressley - yes please, but would he give up Champions League and international football at his age, 'cos he'd have to if he moved here?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Gearge Burley.  It is no secret the complete mess southampton are in behind the scenes and perhaps he'd welcome the chance to work without anyone poking thier nose into squad/1st team matters and also he may think he has a wee point to prove to some boys in maroon!

I'd love to see Burley at the helm, if not then Elvis gets my vote, if not then Warnock would be ok.  BUt i'd take Mr.Magoo ahead of judas