FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has thought of Rowan Alexander. He did the business at Gretna and was tipped for the top

Amazing what can be done with extravagent amounts of money at a lower level. 

Alexander has been found out, anyway he's got a 5year rolling contract and still thinks he's the manager of Gretna doesnt he ? :015:

Guest TinCanFan

I have to agree and say that it wouldn't be a good for Rowan Alexander's health if he became manager of ICT.  He's been mentioned a few times on here though.  Maybe Les Fridge wants away from Nairn.  I wouldn't have him though.

Don't know the exact reasons, but rumours abound that Rowan Alexander made many enemies among the Gretna players, among the Scottish press and among people associated with Morton where he was an ex-player. If there is as much unrest behind the scenes at ICT as is rumoured, we probably don't want to be employing someone who allegedly has a rare talent for p*ssing people off. Besides which, he built his teams at Gretna by offering inflated wages to over-the-hill ex-Premier players - not a particularly forward-looking philosophy for a club that wants to consolidtae and build in the top division - and anyway he's still the manager at Gretna, dontcha know...

Incidentally, why would the likes of Shearer and Sheringham want to come to us? And why would we EVER want them? The two most arrogant members of a very arrogant generation of England players. They would no doubt consider Inverness to be third world.

How about bringing Bobby Wilson out of retirement with Barry as his No 2. :tic01:

Yep stupid suggestion.......................but not half as stupid as some that have gone before me.

Thats actually not the stupidest suggestion in here, in fact it is one that may have some merit ! I have always thought Bobby was a decent manager and got thoroughly shafted over the bridge.

why would the likes of Shearer and Sheringham want to come to us? They would no doubt consider Inverness to be third world.

Dunno about that, in the mid 80s, about 1 in 3 workers in Inverness always seemed to be Geordies ... especially in bars !

My nomination would be the same I made before CC was appointed, Steve Perryman MBE, currently Director of Football at Exeter City.  Apart from his brilliant footballing career with Spurs, he has managed Brentford and Watford, been assistant to Ossie Ardilles at Spurs, and also managed extremely successfully at the highest level in Japan for 5 years.  The fact that he is a personal friend, has of course, nothing to do with it!!

Guest samuelbarros

How about some of the old favourites...

Sandy Clarke,  Jim Duffy, Graham Rix (oh, how did he get on the list),  Craig Brown, Richard Gough, Paul Hegarty (only joking)

What's Joe Miller doing thesedays? He did fine at Clyde.

Guest Arab4Ever

Jim Duffy (who incidentally has never won a trophy) would be a fine choice. felt sorry for him after what happened at Dundee and I imagine he would be interested in a return to management. Is he still at Hearts?

What about Caley's favourite ever manager, OK he's never been our manager but he's brought us one of the biggest results of our history  :015: The one and only John Barnes  :sillywave:

It is actually quite scary looking through all these names and seeing how many are out of a job  :010:

Arab4ever your clubs been through a **** of a lot of managers this decade  :001: which ones should we avoid ?  :blah01:

Guest Arab4Ever

What about Caley's favourite ever manager, OK he's never been our manager but he's brought us one of the biggest results of our history  :015: The one and only John Barnes  :sillywave:

It is actually quite scary looking through all these names and seeing how many are out of a job  :010:

Arab4ever your clubs been through a **** of a lot of managers this decade  :001: which ones should we avoid ?  :blah01:

i would say none of them, im sure they could all do a job for a club of ict's stature

Reporting Scotland - which incidentally deemed Strachan having a wee tantrum at Pittodrie more newsworthy than Charlie resigning - named Brewster, Robbo and Malpas as the main candidates, with Brewster as favourite. Lazy journalism? Or are people in the club feeding their reporters their preferred shortlist.

A few people on this thread have mentioned Malpas, but he seemed to have a bad time, and play pretty uninspiring football, at Motherwell last season and I don't know anyone who was sorry to see him go. Can anyone explain why they think he would make a good choice?