FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewster for me. He will have learned his lesson by now and will know just how good a thing he gave up when he left ICT.

Can't say I'm keen on the idea of another rookie manager coming here to go through the same old cycle again-> has a wee bit of success ->  13 months later moves to the team he has always supported -> gets sacked after 6 months - it all gets a bit repetitive.

Time to eat humble pie, I say, and go for Brewster - he's older and wiser now and is a known quantity!!

(P.S. Just as well no-one said anything bad about him after he left us to go to Yenitet  :rolleyes02:).

Caleythistleonline.com should be manager, with online polls for decision making.

It'll save the club a salary, and this website is overflowing with people who know better than the professionals.

Can someone start work on our application?

:021: cracking idea  :001:

I wonder if the position on offer(I assume) is accepted, on here, for what it is!  This is a BIG platform for any manager to be a part of.

Butcher, Malpas et al would give their right hand to be interviewed each Saturday and parade their ability for bigger clubs to see.

Money or lack of it, is not the motivating factor for most managers - they need the Saturday 'rush' along with the post.  A dream win against the old firm could catapult them into a very big club and as we have seen ICT are capable of doing this.

Let's not get carried away, we will, now that we have lost the best, have a procession of managers, a la Brewster, working to improve their CV on the back of ICT.  Some will be better for the club than others but, with them having no local connections, we will be seen as just a stepping stone for better things or a way to resurrect their careers.

I would therefore hesitate to offer names as the candidates, I feel, will contain some surprises and the need to dredge the names from ICT's past will be a wasted effort.

**** it, bad timing! We have just lost the opportunity to have Sven!

It'll be interesting to see who actually applies for the job. There could be a few hidden gems that no ones thought of. Well I hope so anyway  :rolleyes02:

Lets hope so Kencar, as apart from Terry Butcher, av yet to see a name that whets my appetite

Given our usual of pulling an unlikely name out of a hat, and given Pressley has a lot of playing experience, also from Elgin so he could be a shot in the dark and would probably have no problems relocating up here.

But is he/will he be needed too much at Celtic this season to take the gamble.

He's not scared of putting an opinion about the ones higher up than him (take the crap with Hearts for instance) and as a Centre Back to give it a go as a Player/Manager would be the answer to our CB problem until he manages to sign a player with the quality to take over from him in defence.

Probably wont happen, I can think of worse people to be thinking about but he would be accepted by the fans i think ?.

Guest TinCanFan

I wonder if Ally McCoist wants a  move away from Rangers?  If not him then I'd either nick Toronto's manager, Robertson (possibly), Donald Park (if he'd take it) or have Barry Wilson as player/manager.  It may be a long shot but I wonder what Gary McSwegan would be like as a manager?

It may be a long shot but I wonder what Gary McSwegan would be like as a manager?

A long shot indeed as are so many other names suggested on here......

At the risk of sounding repetitive is it not imperative we go for someone with experience and some kind of track record?

donald park is a total pushover, the players respect him because he works so hard doing things like cleaning up at 7am before training or pumping up footballs but he is not manager material

the senior players in the squad would run rings round him

terry butcher would be my number one choice, no question about that whatsoever, sadly if what caleyd is hinting at is true then such a commanding figure will never be considered.

im still trying to gather my thoughts on the days events, i havent decided how i feel about it all or what will happen next

I think I'd settle for Rafa Benitez  :015:

Me!! I applied for the Man City job for a laugh and got a response saying they're sorry, but despite being impressed with my plans for club I'm not what they're looking for!  :015: :015: :015:

Seriously though, I don't have a clue. a few names mentioned here seem ok and some are crap. What about Mixu Paatelainen? if he's doin well in finland maybe markus can help persuade him?

Brewster/Robertson/Pele  :017:

A mate of mine earlier insist ict have offered it to neale cooper  :rotflmao: