FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should replace Charlie Christie?

Johnboy

Brewster for me, and sooner rather than later. The transfer window closes in 11 days and we'd need him registered as a player and maybe bring in a new face or 2 by then.

Brewster is the man to get us out of the shyte by getting the players fit and organised.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewster for me, and sooner rather than later. The transfer window closes in 11 days and we'd need him registered as a player and maybe bring in a new face or 2 by then.

Brewster is the man to get us out of the shyte by getting the players fit and organised.

manager maybe,but dont aberdeem hold his registration as a player till dec??

manager maybe,but dont aberdeem hold his registration as a player till dec??

Yep, and that's why we'd need to do the deal in the transfer window.

How about bringing Bobby Wilson out of retirement with Barry as his No 2. :tic01:

Yep stupid suggestion.......................but not half as stupid as some that have gone before me.

Thats actually not the stupidest suggestion in here, in fact it is one that may have some merit ! I have always thought Bobby was a decent manager and got thoroughly shafted over the bridge.

Okay I can exclusively reveal that Bobby Wilson will be unavailable for the forseeable future as he has just signed a major 'tiling' contract for the chairman of the supporter's trust.  :015: No get out clause and we we couldn't afford to buy this contract.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I also believe Brewster could turn thing around for us quickly as he knows the set-up and almost all the players...

A complete new guy would probably demand half a season to weigh everything up before trying to put his own stamp on things....

I would like to see him interviewed for the post, and on North Tonight, Bennett certainly didn't rule that out. It would be interesting to hear how he might think our fortunes could be improved, and how he would go about it.

not sure why everyone wants pele,we conceded to many goals under him for my liking

average goals for and against per game under each of our managers

Baltacha: 1.30 for - 1.67 against

Paterson: 1.88 - 1.33

Robertson: 1.78 - 1.12

Brewster: 1.22 - 1.00

Christie: 1.24 - 1.41

Guest samuelbarros

A few people on this thread have mentioned Malpas.....Can anyone explain why they think he would make a good choice?

The only reason I can think of is the joy to be felt when he leaves the club. The problem will be enduring the time he's at the club. Maybe he could be hired then sacked within the day, just to get that joyful feeling of getting shot of him.

I'd like to know why people think Brewster is a good choice?? What exactly has he done as a manager since leaving ICT to warrant another chance. NOTHING!!

Granted he had the team very fit. I'll also go along with the theory that had the team set up so we were hard to beat but we were also bloody hard to watch, especially at home. All our tactics revolved around Brewster the player and there was no Plan B. Substitutions weren't allowed till a few minutes from time and even then it was only like for like.

:029:

What do you think of Pele as manager with Brew as fitness coach? Best of both worlds.  :021:

It's not as daft as other suggestions, and remember how limited we are for choice. Big names will not be knocking down the door, even just for a leg up to another level.

I like the idea of Warnock as our next manager, I always thought he talked sense and was very passionate.

As for Brewster, he had a great game for Aberdeen on Sunday and we could do with up front, don't know about his management abilities though.

The BBC have ruled him out?

Once Donald has led us to a 3-1 win over Yinited on Saturday, and someone dangles a contract under his nose offering to double his earnings over the next 12 months....

It will probably be up to Mrs Park at the end of the day.... I suspect she'll tell him to take it.... :symbol_exclaim01:

How about bringing Bobby Wilson out of retirement with Barry as his No 2. :tic01:

Yep stupid suggestion.......................but not half as stupid as some that have gone before me.

Thats actually not the stupidest suggestion in here, in fact it is one that may have some merit ! I have always thought Bobby was a decent manager and got thoroughly shafted over the bridge.

You are having a laugh Scotty - aren't you?  :015:

Brewster for me, he had the respect of the players, had them in top shape and could motivate them, something I believe CC started to lose at the end of his term.

Would Parkie work with him OR would he bring Malkie back OR A.N. Other?

I don't think we will be spoilt for choice, given our location and budget. With Brew we know what we are getting and I think he has what it takes to move us up the table. I don't think he would leave so quickly second time round given his bad experience with the Arabs.

Not sure linking Brewster is lazy journalism.

The fact is there are very few realistic targets out there for us, Robbo and Brewster were always going to be mentioned in dispatches, and both would return IF offered.

If Brewster has a get out clause in his Dons contract , he could be in place in a matter of days!

But as has been mentioned elsewhere the appointment should give a very clear indication of who really calls the shots at the club.

Interesting times ahead!

Brewster without Malky would be folly as it was Malky who was the fitness coach !

Caleyboy - RE: Bobby Wilson .... I said it wasnt the stupidest idea on here .... I have always rated Bobby as a manager, and thought he was harshly bundled out the door at County. But honestly, I dont know if he would want or could handle life in the SPL

It will be interesting to see who actually wants the job .... cos right now we are doing exactly what the media is doing and trotting out names of people who are either not interested, not available, not within our price range or in some cases not good enough !