FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can Scotland do it...?

Johnboy

Nice to have a weekend away from ICT and all its problems....

Do Scotland have a realistic chance on Saturday or will it end in a glorious defeat - 90 mins of solid pressure with the Scots hitting the woodwork on several occasions and denied a couple of stonewall penalties... only for Italy to score after a Craig Gordon fumble during one of Italy's few attacks....?

I think they'll make it...

Who would have given them a cat in ****'s chance of beating the frogs home & away..?

Predictions and scores here please.....

Can they do it ? YES !!! The two games against France show we can get results against the best in the world

Will they do it ? Thats the big question !!! I bloody well hope so and will be urging them on from in front of a screen somewhere with all my might ... but as much as we have seen great results against the French and others, we have also seen shabby ones like the loss to the Georgian youth team so anything can happen !!!

I will settle for an 87th minute goal with furious defending for the final 3 minutes of normal time and 3 minutes of added time .... Scotland to win it 1-0 and the country to be pished for a week !

Yes, they have a realistic chance ,the team, supporters etc will be right up for this and Tally footy is in a bit of upheavel presently,but can we do it ? wha knows? only time will tell. Anyways, next years holiday destination will be decided come 7 o clock on Saturday.Win and ehv promised weeDee we'll go to Austria/Switzerland for euro's,lose and MrsDee gets her choice of Canada,either way it's gonna be sair on meh wallet!  :019:

prediction? Scotland to sqeauk a 1-0 last gasp penalty winner.

Win and ehv promised weeDee we'll go to Austria/Switzerland for euro's,lose and MrsDee gets her choice of Canada...  :019:

Hope you enjoy your trip to Austria/Switzerland, Dee....  :022:

That would be a better choice anyway, whatever the outcome - Some very strange folk in Canada...  :024:

IF all else fails we'll get invited back to Japan to win the Kiren Cup again  :002:

I'm sick of being a disappointed and cynical Scotland fan, its been 10 years, its about time we just went out a bloody did it.  We've won big games for years and qualified for dozens of tournaments bigger than feckin Austria 2008  :017:  Didnt we try to host the event when the bids were going around?  Lets get it up them and qualify, then draw Austria or Switzerland, take over their stadiums and knock them out on their arses.

Barry Ferguson could be a key man today... He's scored some terrific goals for Rangers, but I can't think of many for Scotland -

Remember our first league game this season..?  He destroyed us that day... If he scores one more this afternoon I'll almost forgive him for that...  :014:

Guest TinCanFan

My prediction is that Scotland go ahead within the first 20 minutes with someone McFadden scoring.  But with 15 minutes to go Italy score one and then another with moments to go.  Sad prediction I know but I hope I'm wrong.

Bestards feckin scored before we were ready.... Shame that - Scotland had a couple of decent chances - from Hutton's header - and the from the corner in the last minute of the first half headed off the line...

Not over yet though....  :024:

C'mon Scotland. a good solid performance in the first half (barring the first 90 seconds) in atrocious conditions and a near goal just at the death ..... we CAN do this - 2 goals is all it takes ......

and the booster for me - tuned to TLN (latino) channel expecting to get satellite feed from RAI or some other italian channel but turns out its Sky Sports coverage direct from Hampden and in english ...... bonus (except for the Craig Brown co-commentary) !!!

A ball cleared off the line and unlucky that ref was unsighted for penalty claim.....I wasn't feeling too positive about this game, but despite being a goal down the stage has been set for a big upset and I think we're more than capable of pulling this one back.