FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Kilmarnock : matchday thread

Scotty

Guest TinCanFan

The first half today was pretty flat but a couple of good saves by Michael Fraser and a goal from Niculae.  The second ICT played extremely well.  A well taken goal by Cowie and another decent goal for Niculae secured the win. and overall a good win and performance for ICT.

Sadly the news of Phil O'Donnel's death overshadows all the results in the league today.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest TinCanFan

Here's my player ratings:

1. Fraser - Didn't really deserve his MotM award though did have a decent game with a couple of good saves. 7.5/10

2. Tokely - Seemed to way as a centre-forward for most of the game and play okay and marked Nish well. 7/10

3. McGuire - Looked fairly solid. 7/10

8. Black - Some classy play today. 7/10

9. Bayne - A bit slow but played okay. 6.5/10

12. Duncan - Not bad. 6/10

14. Munro - Also looked solid. 7/10

15. Cowie - Played well and scored a good goal. 7.5/10

16. Hastings - Played fairly well and was unlucky not to score. 7/10

18. Niculae - Two well taken goals and played well. 8/10

24. Rankin - Looked good and doesn't look like a player Brewster should get rid of. 7/10

Subs: Proctor for McGuire

Wyness for Bayne

19. Wyness - Played well when he came on. 6/10

29. Proctor - Did pretty much nothing but was only for a short time. 4/10

ICT Crowd - The crowd in the first half was rather quiet at times but the crowd got behind the team really well in the second half, especially with those "olays". 7.5/10

Ref - Craig MacKay - Not too bad. 7/10

Best Kilmarnock players -

34. Taouil - Played well for Killie with some good skill and speed.

1. Combe - Some fine saves today and maybe saved Killie from losing by a few more goals, though some rather rude gestures to the ICT fans though most of it was probably just banter. 7/10

This all shows though, as I said earlier that the sad death of the Motherwell captain shows just how unimportant football is compard to real life.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

good result today but we only really won because of all the chances we had and the pressure that killie were under Cowies goal was class. but it could easily have been more if we hadn't missed easy chances marius's chance stands out the most.

Well done today lads! :021:

good result today but we only really won because of all the chances we had and the pressure that killie were under Cowies goal was class. but it could easily have been more if we hadn't missed easy chances marius's chance stands out the most.

Well done today lads! :021:

Is that not the way we're supposed to win......pile on the pressure and create chances.

1. Combe - Some fine saves today and maybe saved Killie from losing by a few more goals, though some rather rude gestures to the ICT fans though most of it was probably just banter. 7/10

deffo banter, he had the good grace to applaud the north stand at the end of the match (even if I'm sure I did see a rather less pleasant gesture earlier when the ref wasn't looking)

best crowd shout of the day 'ref that was 2-footed, they've been on about those tackles all week, don't they have telly in your village?'

He was sound......took a lot of stick from the ICT fans but at the end gave us a wee wave, fair play to the guy I thought.  By the way Marius was absolutely fantastic, but it all pales into insignificance with the death of Motherwells Phil O'Donnell.

I am finding it difficult to rejoice what was obviously one of our best performances of the season, not just the win but he manner of the win........but in the light of the death of Phil O'Donnell I see no point in the ICT fans smiling on a day when a fellow professional died doing his job.  This is indeed a sad day for Scottish Football

A thread is on the NON ICT BOARD for comments.

Can't say I care too much for this game in light of the events of the last few hours.

Great result, very good performance from all the lads apart from McGuire who was the only person in our team not to test Combe when he was there for the taking  :004:

Niculae played really well and linked superbly with Bayne I felt although Bayne could have done with being more clinical.

Our first goal wasn't a shot by Rankin as far as I could see. I was pretty sure it was Black who fired the first shot in and Niculae got the rebound but anyone who has seen the Santa highlights could confirm that for sure. The second goal was simply brilliant. I thought Rankin had let Hastings down with a poorly hit pass but it turned out when with Chipper flicking the ball home. Rankin played well again and there can be no way he will be out of the ICT squad now surely?

Alan Combe got pelters at the end after making the wanker gesture to the Home fans. What a guy!  :015:

That's excellent. You should be a Scotsport cameraman  :004:

Seriously, I couldn't believe that he missed that chance. He did all the hard work when he skinned two Killie players then somehow conspired to miss the goal!

Marius was man of the match by FECKIN miles... Ann has a fancy for Mike thats for sure... how else can you explain him as MOM.

Marius showed he is some player, off the ball he was brill, on the ball he was better,  Black was very good after a quietish first half, Cant say much about Bain, he does a job and does it ok but not much creative football about the lad.

We should have won this game by 5-0  and that would'nt have flattered Killie.

MOTM for me was Alan Coombe......5 minutes of pure, losing the plot, entertainment :crazy07: Quality baiting of him from the NS too.

In fairness to him, he was excellent throughout though.

First half was dull. Second half we were transformed. Blackie and Marius were outstanding, and we could've easilyhave got 5 or more. As easy a 3 points as we'll get all season.

Sponsors MoM are usually not the best choices, but if you pay your money you get to choose.  Mike Fraser has been excellent for the last half dozen games but not even he would agree that he was deserving of that accolade yesterday.

Now, on to the real MoM.  Marius Niculae was suuuuperb.  Brilliant vision, precision passing, control was fantastic and he put himself about to knock in a couple of goals.  He also is warming to the North Stand chanting his name and applauded the fans a couple of times, well done that man, he was outstanding yesterday absolute polished performance.  He was unlucky not to score five goals himself with Combe making a couple of point blank saves and one curling effort from the edge of the box whistling a foot wide with the keeper standing watching and admiring like the rest of us.

There were no failures yesterday and this was one of our most convincing victories this season.  Good all round display with us threatening every time we broke forward at pace.  Good time to score the opener from Marius and Cowies flicked low volley was in as soon as it left his foot in the second half, similar to Duncans strike last week, but from much closer range about ten yards out, good crisp low ball from Hastings to set it up.

This display should offer the team every hope that they can continue this form into 2008, heres hoping it starts with a win over the Dons when we go first footing.

Second half was a class performance from ICT with Niculae and Cowie both outstanding.

How did Fraser get the MotM, was his mother the sponsor?

He played okay but not outstanding.

neksor

I was thinking the same - He was good but didn't have an aweful lot to do compared to some games - killie didn't have many shots on target today. Cowie was my MOTM hands down, both him and Marius worked their socks off, it coul;d have been more than 3-1. I was enjoying the crowd's bating of Alan Comb as well!

Guest TinCanFan

Apologies to Marius for posting this and not his goals. I was trying out my new digital camera and only took 2 or 3 clips, none of which were goals.

Can you post the other ones please cause that one was pretty good.

OK, here goes. It's not Sky Sports, and a lot of the quality is lost by having to compress it so much (47MB down to 2MB for example) as there is a 2MB limit for attachments to posts here. Still, it might give the ex-pats a better 'feel' for the game itself rather than the TV highlights. Or maybe not!

Will have to split the clips over a couple of posts due to upload limits here.

nice clips. have adjusted upload limit and limit per post to 16Mb  :004: