FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bring Back Barry

MacBandy

More and more on other threads people are mentioning that Barry has still got it but not for a whole game. I agree; he fears nobody and I have never seen him outclassed.  One of the reasons he can only last 60 is because he works so hard when he is on!

I think we have missed him lately and think he should be a regular starter again with Markus ready to come on with fresh legs when Barry tires. By which time he will have tired out the opposition midfield and defence anyway.

I also think he and Ross Tokely have a good understanding. If we are going to persist in starting Tokely there is another reason to start Barry.

:021: :021: :021: :021:

I agree, I would like to see him have more time in a game.  I would also be happy for him to score the 1000th goal, a fitting milestone for him in his testimonial year.

Guest Spectre

I think Saturday's approach was the right way round.  Use Paatelainen (or whoever) for 60 minutes and give Barry the chance to come on as a game breaker for the last 30 if needed.  I don't think he has the fitness/speed to be starting.

Barry took the pish out of the Gers defence for the duration he was on the field on Sunday.  He was easily the fastest person on the field, behind Darcheville and Novo.  What makes you think he's not fit enough to start a game?

I agree with Spectre.  Jay_7 its got nothing to so with if he's fit enough (or not) to start a game but rather how effective he is in open play, he still has it in him to compete with guys 10 years his junior while both are in peak match mode but he is more likely to be explosive against tiring and unsuspecting defenders, like the Barry Wilson of old.