FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Baz Leaving ICT

Grabe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Barry earlier today and he didn't know what was happening as he was just arriving at the stadium.  He really wasn't sure what to do for the best as he wants to play football, but he didn't really want to leave Inverness.  It would certainly be a shame if we never got the chance to see him in an ICT shirt again and have the chance to show our appreciation.

I have now heard that he will be going to St Johnstone in the morning, but only for a 28 day loan period.  He isn't cup tied and will be eligible to play next weekend for St J in the cup.  Unless they end up progressing further in the cup I suspect he'll return north for the rest of the season.

His testimonial events will be unaffected by the loan and if things go according to this current plan he will be back with us prior to his dinner anyway.

All the best Barry and hopefully we'll see you back in a month.

So has this been officially confirmed then?

It's on the official St J website that he has signed as a 1 month emergency loan and trained with the squad today. There's a pic of him at the ground, along with other loan signings Sean Lynch (Hibs) and Elton John, apparently.

Hopefully he'll be back at TCS before 29th march but at least Saints are playing at home so its not quite so far to travel as it would be if they were somewhere like Dumfries. Go get em Baz.............especially them De skanks. :023: Awaits Hielandee with bated breath :003:

Absolutely nothing to do with wages in Barry's case. He's been on 1 year contracts for last three seasons and is happy enough with that. He wants to play but isn't getting the chance. He also wants to secure his future and is hoping to get into coaching.

He came on and played the 2nd half against Dundee today - the day in which both ICTs and St J's seasons ended.

Not over yet for the J's. Still the same position as before this weekend with Accies only managing a draw. Nine games to go I can see a similar situation develop as did when we won that league. As for us we must win every one of the last four to get top half.

Incidently, crowd at TCS 4489..........crowd at Dens 6192