FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

Our goalie can only get better!!??!!    Let's feckin hope so guys but let's not hold our breath eh.  He's the weakest link in our team by a long way and lets us down again and again, despite the occasional 'good' save, what a waste of money he is.

I'm not blaming him alone for our poor results, but he's not up to the job.  He's hopeless!

:017: :017: :017:

Do you actually go to any games or are you making that assumption by looking at the table and in particular, the number of goals we've shipped?  That's the only logic I can see in that.  I had my doubts about Fraser when we lost Brown to Celtic, however I have been proved wrong.  Would you rather we played Zibi in goal?  Or perhaps you'd like to see us make a move for Ma'calamity...

The weak links in our squad exist in Ross Tokely, Phil McGuire, Graham Bayne, and Russell Duncan.  All four have been grade A pish all season.  We need a clearout of the afore mentioned personel and then Brewster, Thomson, Bennet and Savage.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather we played Zibi in goal? 

We could give him a chance! Why sign a player if you never have the intention of playing him, just a waste of a wage otherwise. But we all know Brew's record of making changes when required  :017:

On another note, are admin going to send the results of this poll to the club? Or even better to Brew personally?

My opinions on Fraser are my opinions, based on what I see and hear at matches, on-line match reports and what little coverage we get on TV.  His hands flap about all over the place and he cannot holdon to the ball half the time - it slips past him or he bats it away from him rather than hold it.

I don't like him as a goalie - its an opinion, that's all.  :016:

This thread is bullsh"t.

The real reason the team is struggling at the moment is that it's spine has either left (Brown, Dodds, Dargo etc all left and were not replaced under Christie) or are past their best (Wilson, McBain, Wyness) this is the harsh reality.

Craig Brewster realizes this and has set about clearing out the dead wood. One of the reasons Dundee Utd are doing so well now after a decade of stagnation is because he lanced the boyle there, he cleared out the dead wood - slashed the wagebill, and signed hungry youngsters for the future (dylan, robb etc). He did the dirty work but wasn't given the time or money to rebuild. Levein is no alex ferguson! He just came in at the right time.

I have heard that he is unpopular with the players because he is an ultra hard taskmaster and fitness freak, this is a good thing! Left to their own devices the players totally let themselves go (remember the Christie era?) they spent most of the time allocated to be training in the gym lounging in the swimming pool, fact.

Some posters on here seem to think that Brewsters weeding out of players (Rankin, Hart) who fall short of his standards of professionalism, and his tendency to sign young players who he can 'mould' are flaws based upon some egocentric character disorder. Sounds more like common sense to me! Please understand. If you want to make an omlette you have to break some eggs!

Our squad is in serious need of major surgery. Of course it will hurt, of course there will be a decline in the short term, but it has to be done.

Good post. I admit Brewster is doing a poor job at the moment, but all I want to see him do is change some of his ideas, and perhaps listen to someone else rather than himself for once.

Our goalie can only get better!!??!!    Let's feckin hope so guys but let's not hold our breath eh. He's the weakest link in our team by a long way and lets us down again and again, despite the occasional 'good' save, what a waste of money he is.

I'm not blaming him alone for our poor results, but he's not up to the job.  He's hopeless!

Fraser may not be the shotstopper that Brown was, but apart from that, there are few keepers in the league that tick so many boxes. Excellent handling, good positioning, athletic, brave, quick, and a far superior kicker of the ball than Brown.

Would you rather we played Zibi in goal? 

We could give him a chance! Why sign a player if you never have the intention of playing him, just a waste of a wage otherwise. But we all know Brew's record of making changes when required  :017:

On another note, are admin going to send the results of this poll to the club? Or even better to Brew personally?

Zibi was brought to force Fraser to get the finger out, and to help him realise that he has to perform consistantly. We are now reaping the benefits on that front.

As for your second point, that does nobody any good, no matter how incompetent he is, we must back the manager.

Guest specialbrew

Give CB some slack.  Remember our big winning streak only a few months ago!  And CB won manager of the month a couple months back.  Every manager goes through bad spells.  He was brought in when we were sitting bottom of the league and worrying about relegation, he's kept us up and is now attempting to rebuild.  He has got the players fitter than ever and is a complete professional...in and outwith football.  I suspect players didn't like him at DU due to the fact that they had previously had it easy in training and i also suspect that a number of ICT players are under performing because of this... if I'm right, then it's the players that need to be addressed and not the manager.  Wyness has been under performing, Wilson also a great servant to the club, but players get old, and teams move on.  We have got to think of the future and i believe CB is doing just that....give him time. 

Give CB some slack.  Remember our big winning streak only a few months ago!  And CB won manager of the month a couple months back.  Every manager goes through bad spells.  He was brought in when we were sitting bottom of the league and worrying about relegation, he's kept us up and is now attempting to rebuild.  He has got the players fitter than ever and is a complete professional...in and outwith football.  I suspect players didn't like him at DU due to the fact that they had previously had it easy in training and i also suspect that a number of ICT players are under performing because of this... if I'm right, then it's the players that need to be addressed and not the manager.  Wyness has been under performing, Wilson also a great servant to the club, but players get old, and teams move on.  We have got to think of the future and i believe CB is doing just that....give him time. 

Good first post Craig specialbrew.  Good to see some support for CB.  A lot of truth in what you say.

I suspect players didn't like him at DU due to the fact that they had previously had it easy in training and i also suspect that a number of ICT players are under performing because of this...

It's more than that specialbrew - he falls out with people all over the place, drops people when it doesn't make any sense to anyone else and is so stubborn that he's incapable of changing his game plan even when it's clearly gone completely tits up.   

Brewster has lost our dressing room just like he lost the united dressing room, that's not to say that he's not a good professional, it just means that players don't have faith in him any more. This much is clear from recent events and performances.

I feel for Brew. I backed the decision to appoint him because he knew the players and club and did quite well in his first spell. He helped to turn us round this season and we should be thankful for that. The game is up though - the performances we have seen recently are some of the worst ever from Caley Thistle teams. Brew has to hold his hands up and walk.

"Give CB some slack.  Remember our big winning streak only a few months ago!  And CB won manager of the month a couple months back.  Every manager goes through bad spells.  He was brought in when we were sitting bottom of the league and worrying about relegation, he's kept us up and is now attempting to rebuild.  He has got the players fitter than ever and is a complete professional...in and outwith football.  I suspect players didn't like him at DU due to the fact that they had previously had it easy in training and i also suspect that a number of ICT players are under performing because of this... if I'm right, then it's the players that need to be addressed and not the manager.  Wyness has been under performing, Wilson also a great servant to the club, but players get old, and teams move on.  We have got to think of the future and i believe CB is doing just that....give him time."

Haha you have to be Craig Brewster!!

Fraser may not be the shotstopper that Brown was, but apart from that, there are few keepers in the league that tick so many boxes. Excellent handling, good positioning, athletic, brave, quick, and a far superior kicker of the ball than Brown.

Hear, hear.

Fraser has pulled off some world class saves this season, and can hardly be blamed for for our defence flapping about or making their way back down the park ten  minutes too late.

He was brought in when we were sitting bottom of the league and worrying about relegation

:rotflmao:

Hands up who thinks we won't relegate next season!

Another difference between CC's bad run and now, is that under Charlie we were still playing attractive football, but seemed to be unlucky about finding the net, in the same way Falkirk often does. At the moment we're playing the worst football I've ever seen.

My fear is that by that time we copuld be well on our way to the first relegation in the club's history.I'm afraid that the time to act is now.

Agreed....

Unfortunately Mr Bennett is quoted in today's Courier as saying that ICT have never been a club to make panic decisions....

Guest specialbrew

I believe we should wait and see what the summer brings in terms of signings... the current squad is struggling, but there's no doubt that in the summer, the squad will be different - players will come in and players will go.  Sacking the manager now will not help the problems - CB is trying to shape the squad and with time, they will be shaped into a better team - and when i say time, i believe this will be in time for next season.... just wait and see!

Bring in anyone now . They would have a few games to work with this years team . Most of the Players are not as bad as the last few weeks or they would have lost last year and earlier this year. By changing now the new Manager would have time for the summer transfers and not be in a last day panic.

there's no doubt that in the summer, the squad will be different - players will come in and players will go.

You seem to have missed the jist and title of this thread, its not the players that need to change, most of them have been with us for a while now and know exactly what they are capable of, Brewster however has done nothing to prove himself as a manager  :rolleyes02:

Guest specialbrew

But my point is we don't need a new manager!  If players aren't responding to the manager, then there may be two sides to this... ICT may need new players not a new manager.  Dundee Utd players complained of being worked too hard, so they basicly gave up on the manager... it would be a shame if ICT sacked Brewster for the same reason.  PLG had the same problem at Gers... the players were disgruntled at the extra training... same with Collins at Hibs.  If CB was to go, the next manager will need to make their training easier and have them being less fit, and also let them have a few kebabs... or else they might go in a huff with him and under perform!