FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Gretna

Guest TinCanFan

Good, play Richie Hart up front with Niculae and Cowie.  Richie Hart was very good for us in the early stages of the SPL. He can still do it for us. Also Paatelainen up front in a four man attack. None of this ***** footing about. Let's go for an 8-6 win. Attack like **** from the start.

That means Zibi plays, protected by Procter, Tokely and Hastings, with Roy, Wyness and  Bayne in midfield.

In the second half as Rosco tires we bring on Watt, and McAllister to take over from Bayne unless he has scored twice. If we are winning by 5 goals then Vigurs gets another chance. If not we give Kerr a chance with Procter pushed forward.

If we lose, Brewster has to resign. If we win by more than 2 goals he keeps the job for another week. If Gretna survive the split, we have to beat them again for Brewster to be in charge at the start of next season. We also have to avoid defeat against St Mirren and if Aberdeen miss the split we have to beat them with a last minute goal scored by Dougie McDonald getting knocked out by heading in an attempted Diamond clearance. It is asking too much of Brew to beat Killie and highly unlikely we beat Falkirk if Hearts make it to the top 6. The key thing is to get Falkirk home so we can have some more banter with Yogi.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caley d did you see fraser out on the town the night before the game or is this another rumour. if not bad crack, but then what was he doing, if only out relaxing cant see anything wrong in that.

Indeed...  It is also written on the 1st of april and mentions a noon deadline  :014:

If it's an April fool, it's a very unfunny one. I've never been able to stand Gretna, but what is happening to the club now is a total disgrace and I feel very sorry for all the players and staff. And the supporters of the original club which may now cease to exist due to it being used as a plaything.

If it's an April fool, it's a very unfunny one. I've never been able to stand Gretna, but what is happening to the club now is a total disgrace and I feel very sorry for all the players and staff. And the supporters of the original club which may now cease to exist due to it being used as a plaything.

Yeah, all 15 of them.  They had a great ride.  If Gretna collapse ('if' I say  :015:) then I'm sure Gretna United or whatever will be born and they can play in their smaller league just like they would have done had Brooks not pumped in the money. They cam from nothing (well, the amateur leagues), became a wild ride sensation and now will return to nothing.  The other route was to remain in the amateur leagues.  They've lost nothing.

That's true for the 15. And the dog. :003:

But I still feel sorry for the players and staff, having to watch Sky Sports News to find out whether they would have a job, because no-one from the club was telling them anything. And in Yantorno's case, being sacked because they couldn't afford his medical bills. No way to run any business.

And in Yantorno's case, being sacked because they couldn't afford his medical bills. No way to run any business.

I was under the impression that Yantorno requested to be released?  :024:

clicky

Apologies, they released him because they couldn't pay his medical bills. But he hardly had much choice in the matter....

I think I need medical treatment myself. Never thought I'd see the day I felt indignant over Gretna players  :010:

clicky

Apologies, they released him because they couldn't pay his medical bills. But he hardly had much choice in the matter....

I think I need medical treatment myself. Never thought I'd see the day I felt indignant over Gretna players  :010:

Indeed, looking at it again, it does seem a bit poor.  Presumably players will have sport insurance for this purpose though so I doubt he'll be out of pocket.  Doesn't excuse Gretna's handling of the situation...

Following Brewsters refusal to take my advice last week, and our according loss. This week. I have selected a team of self-serving egotists.

Hitler.

Heather Mills, Stalin, Robert Mugabe (capt), Donald Trump.

My wife's boss, Graeme Souness, Satan, Earl Haig

Kim Jong-Il

Craig Brewster

I have put Heather Mills, on the side of her good leg, where she can do most damage with flanking runs, but it is Muagabe's distribution that will cost Gretna dear. The Defence, In particular "Tower" Trump, will hold firm against a Gretna team intent on impressing for next season. Long balls to Jong-Il and Brewster may distract.

This team will holdout for a 1-1 draw against Gretna Boys Brigade/Scouts select.

You haven't a leg to stand on, selecting Mills. Although, apparently, she did out jump McGuire in training.

I assume you've selected Adolf for his bunker mentality.

Selection of Mugabe is a master stroke. No matter how many goals we concede, he'll still claim we won.

Not an April fool, there is a real prospect that Gretna will not be able to play saturday's fixture.

The RESERVE fixture will not go ahead as Gretna cant field a team, the senior games are "under constant review" according to the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...tna/7324437.stm

It's time to call a day on Gretna I'm afraid and I'm of the opinion that they should not have received a penny from the SPL nor get a penny more.

Payments from the SPL should be subject to them completing the season and to be shelling out money to them in this manner is ridiculous.

They are now talking about paying them a ?250,000 parachute payment in advance, money which would normally be paid to the relegated team.  In order to be relegated then a club needs to finish the season. and as that cannot be guaranteed in Gretna's situation then they should not get a single penny of that until they take up their/a place in Div 1.

I've defended Gretna in several matters on this forum in the past, but there's no way I would defend them in this.

If Gretna close before the end of the season this can have a big effect on the whole of the spl!!

all points wan against Gretna will be taken of the club!!

that means 6 points taken of us!!

And also points taken off everyone elses tally except for Dundee Utd who will be the biggest benficiaries of this.  Basically it wont matter a jot if we get deducted our points.