FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next lot of fixtures

Alex MacLeod

Bit p!sh that they aren't out yet. Must be really frustrating for players and management to turn up for training this morning not knowing  the opposition they're building up for.

Hope we get Hearts away on 19th cos I'm in Edinburgh that weekend.

Guest CaleyJaggy

The last I heard was that they were being announced either tonight, after the Dons, Falkirk game or tomorrow afternoon

My guess would be, having already played 17 away and 16 home,

Home                St Mirren

Away                  Hearts

Home                  Gretna

Home                  Killie

Away                  Aberdeen/Falkirk

Which leaves Inverness to Aberdire or Falkirk for the marchers.

There is no guarantee we'll get 3 more home games though is there.

Despite that being the logical choice the SPL seem to decide fixtures at random and we could end up with an 18 home - 20 away season (again) just as easily.

I suspect the Gretna factor will be taken into consideration and they will be given fixtures that are beneficial to there financial plight ie those they will lose the least money in  :023:

The last 2 seasons we have had 3 away games in the last six if there is any fairness in the system we should get 3 homes this time. The fairness bit maybe shows me to be naive

knowing our luck......probably not

we'll just have to wait until the fixtures are put up on the SPL website at 10pm tonight.  :rolleyes02:

Announcement is at 10PM tonight. No game this weekend, first game on 19th April.

Believe it or not there is a formula (the "fixturing golden rules") for working all this out !!!! it just defies explanation.

The only thing I can remember reading is that "where possible" each team should play an equal amount of home and away games but if that is not possible then over the course of TWO seasons each team should play 38 at home and 38 away. This is because - depending on how the table finishes - it is not always possible to give each team an even split of 19/19 (as we saw in our first two seasons).

Looking at the last 4 seasons it should mean a home game to finish with and maybe even a home game immediately following the split ... although I think there is also another part of the formula that says if your last game (of the season) is at home, your first game (post-split) cannot also be at home ...... all very confusing and nonsensical because of the split.

Remaining Games

Gretna - A-H-A : post split should be H (giving 2H/2A over season)

St Mirren - A-H-A : post split should be H (giving 2H/2A over season)

Kilmarnock - A-H-A : post split should be H (giving 2H/2A over season)

Hearts - H-A-H : post split should be A  (giving 2H/2A over season)

Aberdeen or Falkirk - H-A-H : post split should be A  (giving 2H/2A over season)

Previous seasons

2007/8 pre split - 16H / 17A, post split should be 3H/2A = 19H/19A

2006/7 pre split - 17H / 16A, post split - 2H/3A [h,a,a,h,a] = 19H/19A

2005/6 pre split - 16H / 17A, post split - 2H/3A [a,h,a,h,a] = 18H/20A

2004/5 pre split - 17H / 16A, post split - 3H/2A [a,h,h,a,h] = 20H/18A

If I was guessing, I would say this seems logical for us - but whoever said the SPL was logical  :004:

h - Gretna

a - Hearts

h - Kilmarnock

a - Aberdeen / Falkirk

h - St Mirren

My guess would be, having already played 17 away and 16 home,

Home                St Mirren

Away                  Hearts

Home                  Gretna

Home                  Killie

Away                  Aberdeen/Falkirk

Which leaves Inverness to Aberdire or Falkirk for the marchers.

All of those involved in the  Highland March have been waiting for the final fixtures for the last few months. I am personally hoping for a walk from either Tyncastle or Pitordrie - there are options for new routes to take rather than followng the A9 (cycle route 7) or last years route on GGW and WHW's, and a home game on the final day would be splendid...

No matter what the fixtures throw up for the final games, I hope Mr Brewster starts to prove he is worth staying at ICT and gets some proper football tactics sorted. I'd like to see us take at least 10 points from the possible 15... I dont think thats too much to ask with the squad we have available. :004:

This is how the fixtures have been decided for ICT:

Saturday, April 19 - Inverness v Kilmarnock

Saturday, April 26 - Hearts v Inverness

Saturday, May 3 - Inverness v Gretna

Saturday, May 10 - Falkirk v Inverness

Saturday, May 17 - Inverness v St Mirren

3 home games which is pretty good.

we don't get alto of home games normally  :009:!!!

I want to get my money worth with my season ticket!!

In our 4 SPL seasons we have had 20, 18, 19 and this year will also be 19 home games so exactly 50% - as it should be !

Happy to see Inverness in Edinburgh again, I was planning on going to see whoever it ended up being on the 26th before the fixtures were decided, a homer for me so looking forward to it already.

We should pick up a few points here if Brewsters statements regarding splits being sorted is true.