FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TWISTED OR WHAT

What I would like to know is.........who is the liar in all this? Because the evidence shows that someone is blatently lying.

Alan Savage provides a statement to this site before going public. WHY?? In the hope of winning support before he makes his statement official?? Kind of reverse psychology. We'll believe him cos he said it first??

I think I'll be trying to get to the AGM this year. Should be very interesting.

Why would Savage want to win our support? He is history and doesn't need support from anywhere. This is all a personal battle between Sutherland and Savage and as I have said previously, this is not the first battle Sutherland has fought and won (remember Doug McGillvray). Sutherland, by his own admission is very democratic but only if you agree with him.

So long as Orion Group hold 12% of ICT then Savage is not history.

Perhaps I'm just a very cynical person, it comes from years of seeing power struggles and takeovers in business. and the effect that has on people, but Orion have a 12% stake in the company. They could increase that with the right offer to the right people. Collectively there's between 10 and 15% of stock held in small amounts by a fairly large number of fans. I believe that around 43% is held in some form by the Sutherland empire, either in personal stock or held through various companies, so there is a majority holding possible.

After all that has happened, if you can't see that Savage is history then continue to live in your little dream world of business power struggles and takeovers. Remember Ian Fraser, the man who put the money in at the birth of the club - not Sutherland as per yesterday's P&J. Sutherland made life so horrible for him he eventually sold his shares to Sandy Catto. You must also remember that the sale or transfer of shares needs the approval of the board so Savage has absolutely no chance of increasing his holding as Sutherland now has an even stronger say on the board. As much as Sutherland is applauded my many, if you don't live by his word - forget it.

Shouldn't the club check to see if Marius is willing to take a pay cut before deciding whether or not we can keep him?

Good point, but in order to afford Marius within ICT's regular budget he'd need to at least half his wage demands. And after the season he's just had I'm sure there's someone in Europe who'll take him on for a few extra 1000 ?s a week!

I think Marius would actually be sensible to stay here. From what I understand he was getting worse each season- his last at Sporting was poor, Standard Liege was poorer and he was apparantly awful at Mainz. He's got himself back into the international scene so why not stay here, bang in the goals and keep himself there  :024:

Shouldn't the club check to see if Marius is willing to take a pay cut before deciding whether or not we can keep him?

Good point, but in order to afford Marius within ICT's regular budget he'd need to at least half his wage demands. And after the season he's just had I'm sure there's someone in Europe who'll take him on for a few extra 1000 ?s a week!

I think Marius would actually be sensible to stay here. From what I understand he was getting worse each season- his last at Sporting was poor, Standard Liege was poorer and he was apparantly awful at Mainz. He's got himself back into the international scene so why not stay here, bang in the goals and keep himself there  :024:

Would be nice to see him stay but we can't afford him unless he comes into the wage structure of other players.

You must also remember that the sale or transfer of shares needs the approval of the board

Dont think so. I'm sure I can transfer or sell my shares to whomsoever I please and dont need anyones approval. Shares not yet issued would need approval of board.

I would like Marius to stay as I am sure most fans who have seen him would.

As for a wage cut .... Considering that we were told that he lowered his wage demands when he first signed, I would not ask him to take a pay cut again, especially if he continues to be picked in the international squad for what is one of the top nations in Europe and makes it to the Euros !!!

He may not have had the best start to the season for various reasons but last Saturday I saw a class player at work and one who appeared to be enjoying himself - especially when he scored and ran over to the Romanian flag in the north end.

If we need a 500K cash injection as suggested then there is something else going on that is screwing up the finances at the TCS other than just Marius' wages. His reputed wage of 4K p/w for 2 years = 416K and it would appear that in a "creative" way Orion made 275K available to the club by buying un-issued shares.

That payment is enough to pay 68.75 weeks of his contract and means the shortfall on the 2 year deal would seems to be around 141K. 141K is equivalent to 2700 p/w over the next year which might get us a couple of reasonable players in the transfer market, but we would not get superstars for that money. Personally, I would far rather we made 141K available in our budget to keep 1 player who could definitely make a difference if fully fit from the start of next season than spend it on a couple of journeymen.

You also have to wonder what the other 359K of this magical 500K is for ?

Remember Ian Fraser, the man who put the money in at the birth of the club - not Sutherland as per yesterday's P&J. Sutherland made life so horrible for him he eventually sold his shares to Sandy Catto. You must also remember that the sale or transfer of shares needs the approval of the board so Savage has absolutely no chance of increasing his holding as Sutherland now has an even stronger say on the board. As much as Sutherland is applauded my many, if you don't live by his word - forget it.

i remember well the agm where mr sutherland stood up and said that dougie macgillivray and ian fraser were evil evil men and should never darken the door of the football club again.  two men who were instrumental in getting us where we are today.  ok they both had their faults but they had the club at heart and were big supporters of the team.  there was no need to vilify them in that way.

then there was the other one where he stood up and slagged off brew and malky saying they were traitors to the club, that they walked off and left us in the lurch, that they cost the club money...  no mention of brew insiting he sign another contract in the days before he left so the club would be ok financially or that he left some of his personal share of the deal with the club as he knew that they would get nothing for malky...

and then he was instrumental in bringing brew back....

maybe he thinks folk won't remember these things.......

edited to change the colour as i couldn't get the quote thingy to work.... :007:

You must also remember that the sale or transfer of shares needs the approval of the board

Dont think so. I'm sure I can transfer or sell my shares to whomsoever I please and dont need anyones approval. Shares not yet issued would need approval of board.

Unless there have been changes, the board must approve all share transfers and purchases. I do however stand to be corrected.

It would very much depend on the companies Articles of Association.

It's not uncommon for a Board of Directors to have the power to veto new shareholders, but I can't think of any instance whereby they could veto the transfer of shares to an existing shareholder.  Certain regulations kick in if a person is trying to obtain a majority shareholding (like making an offer for all shares in the company) but we're not talking about that right now.

Guest TinCanFan

I for one, just like everyone else am sick and tired of these constant lies being spurted out by ICT.  This little farcical is just another thing in a long line of events put out by this joke of a team this season.  Earlier this season when Christie left, there were lies about who was and wasn't interested in the job.  All that seemed to matter to the board was that they could get their beloved Brewster back.  Another little episode was just before Stuart McCaffery left to join St. Johnstone.  It was found by a poster on this website, that Caff had said himself he was going via his Bebo page, but unsurprisingly Bennet said a few days later that he was going nowhere, a couple of weeks later Caff was gone.  And now this thing has come up and just proves that the likes of Bennet, Smith, Brewster and Malky have got to go and have to go now before the madness, which never seems to end, gets worse.  Sadly this probably won't happen with this new guy and he probably just be a puppet for his predecessors.

for me the cause of much of our troubles off the park are the fault of david sutherland who seems intent on having his cake and eating it with regard to being chairman. now he's chairman again , or at least his gimp is , will we see any exciting signings, re-development of the stadium or improvement :024: