Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

Speculation is easy without the facts.

Marius knows what the Chairman and Director of Football said to him before he returned to Romania. There was probably no witness to this three way conversation. Interpreptation without a written record can, and appears to have lead to distortion. Both parties should have created a mutually agreed written record before Marius set off. If Marius was given 7 days off for personal reasons, that should be on his leave sheet.

When things developed, to the outside world, it makes sense that if Marius was authorised (by ICT) to consider a Euro 500 k move instead of a ?500k move, there would need to be a concession. Marius would have to make that concession. ICT should have put that in writing although Marius may have pre-empted that by going direct to Dinamo.

That said, ICT must have given Dinamo details of their bank account. Presumably they pointed out that the appropriate paperwork included a waiver from Marius before the deal was completed. The mass media may have had a field day distorting the facts.

We have an obligation to put faith in our Club until proven wrong.

Read Stevico1's post. There was a witness.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest birdog

Read Stevico1's post. There was a witness.

I thought verbal agreements were only legally binding if witnessed by a registered notary public?

Yeah does it not have to be an upstanding member of the community sort of person and a member impartial to either side. Does a written contract with witness also not require them to be a non related impartial registered member of notary public? Does a written and signed agreement need any witness at all as long as both parties sign it?

Guest Spectre

Generally speaking (in English law at least) verbal contracts are valid except for a few specific cases e.g. the transfer of land. If there's a dispute the judge will have to decide who he believes but in the case of something major (such as agreeing to waive large amounts of remuneration) it's unlikely to be upheld if it's not in writing. Also most major agreements would specify that only written changes are accepted, to avoid exactly that sort of issue.

There's no practical reason why there should be a quid pro quo. Marius wasn't obliged to accept a transfer to any old club. He'd stated his willingness to see out his contract here. It was the club who started putting negative stories into the press e.g. we can't afford to pay him next year. If he turned round and said if you don't want me I want to go back to Romania there's very little the club can do about it, a situation which is entirely self inflicted by the club.

James,

Thanks for that. Steveco1's a reliable witness which helps Marius in some respects. Other aspects would have been three way possibly without written confirmation.

Outwardly Marius has always struct me as very honest.

Nevertheless, after getting married he no doubt did not want to start life in Germany again. It makes sense to return home.

On the face of it Marius initiated the transfer with Dinamo. Presumably he knew the selling price was ?500k and not e500k. ICT then did not have witnesses in Bucharest to the 'deal'. Parading Marius without acceptance from ICT was not ethical. That is not a contract. Bucharest would have had to contact ICT. ICT say the three way paperwork was not completed until Thursday.

:o :o :o

IHE for some reason it seems to be in your interest to portray Marius in the worst light possible. Obviously it is in Steve's interest to portray him in the best light possible. Then there's the rest of us stuck in the middle who haven't a fecking clue :015:

Alex got it spot on. Someone is lying.

I'm just surprised and saddened that a player who I at least had a good relationship with, has left the club under such acrimonious circumstances. I'd be delighted if ICT & Marius could come to a compromise, and settle this out of court, and without Fifa's involvement, although having read everything I have, I seriously doubt it.

I just hope ICT come out of this not looking like absolute idiots, and Marius bears no ill feeling towards the fans, as we, and certainly I, made every effort to make him feel welcome here.

Just by the way, who is Marius' agent, and how did he feel about Marius negotiating with Dinamo on his own? Would Marius' agent still get his fee?

You are falling into the Stevieco trap Tom - My comments at present are about the future of ICT and that is my drive - I heavily criticised the Mercenary from a footballing perspective last season - with a large portion of OTT baiting and wind fer all the Marius obsessives - which probably detracted from my viewpoint - but it was worth it.

Stevieco gets rite up my nose as he just denies that the mercenary has EVER done anyhing wrong and that the Mercenary has been the wronged party since day 1 - GTF.

I am actually saying that it is a combination of a few parties - but Marius is far from feckin perfect and his greed is now showing through.

Stevico pertained to a 30% pay off NOT a 20% and he whinges about Kaiserlautern - if he isnt the agent then who is ? ICT can agree an official approach - are we supposed to take 100K less becos the player prefers it :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Of feckin course he arranged the deal with Dinamo. And are you telling me that two clubs communicated and both misunderstood if it was sterling or euros. :018: ;) :lol:

Is there anything as a verbal agreement these days - GTF.

Stevico - why was he a witness if he wasnt involved - you put pen to feckin paper.

BUT if it was part of a written contract then the Mercenary unfortunately has a point.

Lets get the mercenary and Stevico back to Eastern Europe .

Edited by Yngwie

You are falling into the Stevieco trap Tom - My comments at present are about the future of ICT and that is my drive - I heavily criticised the Mercenary from a footballing perspective last season - with a large portion of OTT baiting and wind fer all the Marius obsessives - which probably detracted from my viewpoint - but it was worth it.

Stevieco gets rite up my nose as he just denies that the mercenary has EVER done anyhing wrong and that the Mercenary has been the wronged party since day 1 - GTF.

I am actually saying that it is a combination of a few parties - but Marius is far from feckin perfect and his greed is now showing through.

Stevico pertained to a 30% pay off NOT a 20% and he whinges about Kaiserlautern - if he isnt the agent then who is ? ICT can agree an official approach - are we supposed to take 100K less becos the player prefers it :lol::rotflmao:

Of feckin course he arranged the deal with Dinamo. And are you telling me that two clubs communicated and both misunderstood if it was sterling or euros. :thumb04: :018: ;)

Is there anything as a verbal agreement these days - GTF.

Stevico - why was he a witness if he wasnt involved - you put pen to feckin paper.

BUT if it was part of a written contract then the Mercenary unfortunately has a point.

Lets get the mercenary and Stevico back to Eastern Europe .

IHE please be very, very careful an opion on the matter either way is one thing but I will not put up with incorrect slanderous statements against me, off that I can assure you

Edited by Yngwie

ICT can agree an official approach - are we supposed to take 100K less becos the player prefers it :rotflmao: :thumb04:

basically yes, we do have to take less if were determined to sell. you cant force anyone to go to any club regardless of the offer

Edited by caleyonup

Stevico, from what I can gather, you appear to be the person who represents Niculae on legal, contractual and financial matters, including his most recent transfer and the accompanying saga. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't that effectively make you, to all intents and purposes, his agent? I note that earlier you stated that you were a friend but not his agent, but you would perhaps have to say that because agents have to be licensed and insured, don't they?

Perhaps you can clarify who Niculae's agent is, and what role he actually plays.

Guest CaleyB

Stevico, from what I can gather, you appear to be the person who represents Niculae on legal, contractual and financial matters, including his most recent transfer and the accompanying saga. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't that effectively make you, to all intents and purposes, his agent? I note that earlier you stated that you were a friend but not his agent, but you would perhaps have to say that because agents have to be licensed and insured, don't they?

Perhaps you can clarify who Niculae's agent is, and what role he actually plays.

I like where you are going with this.

No problem in clarifiying this Marius has an agent in Germany that deals with Marius's transfer dealings he actually attended a couple of ICT games last season , however on this occassion Marius decided to negotiate his own contract terms with Dinamo, I can assure you that I took no part in his transfer negotiations, my involvement to date has been attending one meeting with the club as a witness for Marius and helping him in recovering monies owed, further to this I have had no further involvement. So from what you would gather then the lawyers that Marius has appointed to deal with this matter will also be to all intent and purposes his agents as well.

No problem in clarifiying this Marius has an agent in Germany that deals with Marius's transfer dealings he actually attended a couple of ICT games last season , however on this occassion Marius decided to negotiate his own contract terms with Dinamo, I can assure you that I took no part in his transfer negotiations, my involvement to date has been attending one meeting with the club as a witness for Marius and helping him in recovering monies owed, further to this I have had no further involvement. So from what you would gather then the lawyers that Marius has appointed to deal with this matter will also be to all intent and purposes his agents as well.

In fact correc me if I am wrong as I was only told this second hand but apparently Marius's agents were actually on MFR saying that they had not negotiated Marius's personel terms with Dinamo as he had done this himself, whether they are due a cut from this I have no idea as that is between Marius and his agent

FACT:

Marius takes pay cut to play for ICT

Marius states his intention to Join International Squad once more and that was the reason he joined ICT

ICT and Orion agree to pay for the player and put all details into their 2 year budget

Marius states his intention to see out, if not extend his contract, saying he is happy in inverness (Did he not also say he loved scotland for the fishing?)

Rumours of a bust up between Marius and other players prove to be faulse as Ian Black even states he is probably his closest friend in scotland, and they all get on well at training - I might just add here that playing at the same fields the club trained at last year, he was more of a moral booster than a moral looser!!!

New Chairman and Sutherland control see club state intention to Marius they want rid of him

In all of this, I fail to see how ICT can possibly come out of this as innocent. I personally give credit to Stevico1 for being as honest as he can be in the circumstances

:rotflmao:

FACT:

Marius states his intention to Join International Squad once more and that was the reason he joined ICT

ICT and Orion agree to pay for the player and put all details into their 2 year budget

Marius states his intention to see out, if not extend his contract, saying he is happy in inverness (Did he not also say he loved scotland for the fishing?)

Rumours of a bust up between Marius and other players prove to be faulse as Ian Black even states he is probably his closest friend in scotland, and they all get on well at training - I might just add here that playing at the same fields the club trained at last year, he was more of a moral booster than a moral looser!!!

New Chairman and Sutherland control see club state intention to Marius they want rid of him

In all of this, I fail to see how ICT can possibly come out of this as innocent. I personally give credit to Stevico1 for being as honest as he can be in the circumstances

:thumb04:

FACT:

Agree 100% with everything you've just said. Good on Stevico1 for manning up and giving us some information.

Steve, on May 18th you posted on this site, saying categorically that Marius had informed you he would definetly not be moving to Dinamo, yet he has.

Marius clearly - deliberately or not - mislead you on that. Is it possible he's doing the same on anything now? Or was that just a case of changing circumstances?

Steve, on May 18th you posted on this site, saying categorically that Marius had informed you he would definetly not be moving to Dinamo, yet he has.

Marius clearly - deliberately or not - mislead you on that. Is it possible he's doing the same on anything now? Or was that just a case of changing circumstances?

Tom yes up until he joined Dinamo Marius said that he would prefer England or Germany, although Dinamo were his first team and the team he supported as a boy he felt that the old adage of never go back and also the pressure of expection as he is so highly thought of there. however I think the draw of both European Football and the draw of going back proved to much.

If I am been honest I also think there wasnt any other serious bids from teams that he would have considered

Tom yes up until he joined Dinamo Marius said that he would prefer England or Germany...

If I am been honest I also think there wasnt any other serious bids from teams that he would have considered

The last time I looked Kaiserslautern was in Germany...? :rotflmao:

Thanks for your posts Steve, I think most people appreciate you posting, even if it has done nothing to help the confusion about events.

The last time I looked Kaiserslautern was in Germany...? :rotflmao:

Thanks for your posts Steve, I think most people appreciate you posting, even if it has done nothing to help the confusion about events.

Yes Kaiserslautern is in Germany but second division and just avoided relegation to the 3rd last season

stevico1

Regardless of what happens here, I am sure I write for most ICT supporters and hopefully most of the Clubs staff when I say wish Marius the very best of luck tomorrow if he makes his return for his boyhood dogs.

Thank you I will pass on your regards, I know this will get shot down by a few in here but Marius really loved his time here and will nevr forget the support he got from the ICT fans who he feels played a huge part in helping him realise his dream of playing in the Euros, anyway once things settle down Marius will be making a statement to this effect

He will not be making his debut tom more likely next week