• Keep him?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there not a saying "honesty is the best policy"

If only we had all been informed of the whole story rather than the sugar coating that has gone on in recent weeks.

All that remains for me to say is...

THANK YOU MARIUS - You were entertaining to watch and a gentleman in your ICT tenure. I wish you every success with your new prospects, and hope somehow, somewhere, you can look back and think about the fans at ICT that made you so welcome, rather than the fiasco that has ended your time in the Highlands

bye

Anyone know who ITCFC are?  :tic01:

THANK YOU MARIUS - You were entertaining to watch and a gentleman in your ICT tenure. I wish you every success with your new prospects, and hope somehow, somewhere, you can look back and think about the fans at ICT that made you so welcome, rather than the fiasco that has ended your time in the Highlands

:clapping03: :clapping03: :003:

So who backed down - Marius or ICT?

Neither yet as far as I understand.  I think the saga could still continue, although we seem to have accepted the fact that he is away and released his papers. 

Only problem i can see with him agreeing to do that is if he was in romania at the time of the offer he wouldnt be able to sign anything unless he faxed it through but do we own a fax machine?! :024:

Says on the ever reliable BBC regional text that the deal has went through. My mate said yesterday Mainz were due 35% it said. I doubt that would be the case though. And besides i thought he was on freedom of contract or was it just a free transfer?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/767499

So it would seem we have the transfer fee. Marius still wants a cut of the deal. ICT still hold the players documents until this "cut" is sorted out.

ICT made their statement later on last night, which says it has now gone through.  I think that there could still be some discussion over Marius's 'cut'.

This may not have been a total diaster from inverness side as they got 400,000 for the transfer and if he went to the german club they wld of got 500,000 BUT would have had to give 20% to marius i.e. 100,000 so its back to 400,000 which is what we got anyway

But on Marius side he has made a total diaster on the business side as by going 2 germany he would have got 100,000 for his waive of the fee and then got paid 4,500 a week but at dinamo he loses his waive of the fee and only gets 3,000 a week

So overall Caley have done to bad business as whatever they did they wld have got around 400,000 but on marius side  :029:

Where does it say that Marius has agreed to waive his fee? 

I think you will find that is not actually the case, so it might not be such a bad piece of business after all.

Remember he just got married and wants to settle back home in Bucharest, so I'm sure it's not all about money. We might have released his papers, but I'm fairly certain that this isn't over just yet.

ICT couldn't put him to Germany if he didn't want to go there.  He would have been quite entitled to just stay in Inverness and see out his contract.  Transfers have to be by negotiation.

We'll no doubt hear all about it when it's all over.

Considering we told marius that if he didnt waive his fee he was not going 2 get his move 2 dinamo and was going 2 be put 2 germany for talks with the german club

All that has been sorted is the fact that he is a Dinamo player.

As I said yesterday ....

What we do know is that Dinamo offered ICT 500,000 Euros and the club accepted. Dinamo then transferred 95% of the money to ICT (the other 5% is a legitimate levy detailed in UEFA/FIFA rules). As far as Dinamo are concerned, they have paid the money and concluded the deal. Dinamo could not have done any of this unless ICT had supplied them with their bank details for the transfer and ICT should not have supplied those details unless they were ready and prepared to conclude the deal. It may be ICT naivety, but as far as I am concerned, the action of providing your bank details to another company is a tacit "acceptance" of your deal/contract/agreement with them.

It is my understanding that this is also how UEFA viewed it.

As for the player' cut of the wages --- ICT should keep that money in the bank as that part of the story is not over.