FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to get the old...

tm4tj

Hearts scarfs out of the cupboard and dust them down. Wonder how my wee team will do today, maybe not as easy as some people think. I won't lose any sleep if they don't win, in fact that would be fairly amusing.

I'll speak to you Manny, entertaining game, always interesting, Dougie Macdonald tried hard to let Gretna off the hook, dreadful decision when Skacel was blocked by Main, however well Gretna played, Hearts probably deserved to win on clear cut chances, but it's goals that count and credit to Gretna for making a fist of it.

Thought Main showed Gordon and our own Broonie how to command yer penalty box, great performance from him and the guy Skelton looks useful. Good entertainment, penalties are a lottery, but Hearts ones were deadly, Gretna's couple let them down, that's pressure, it happens to the best, look at West Ham, big name players did the same and blew it.

Overall for me nice.

Aye, not a bad game of footy. Have to agree re your comments about the ref though. Skelton, for me, was MotM but Main was very good, as you say, taking control of the box. The post saved Gretna twice but they have to go in to count. Gretna missed a few chances and almost commanded the second half - no cutting edge though despite their romp in the 2nd div. Good performance from them and good to see a wee team in the final for once. I suppose it just wouldn't have been 'right' for Gretna to have won the Cup. Has sanity now returned to the SFA Cup?

Fantastic day out - who cares what the result was. I thought Gretna were just going to sneak a winner in the last few minutes of the 90, but it wasn't to be. Excellent day - no trouble - in fact a great mutual respect between the fans.

I was pleased that Gretna gave a good account of themselves but when it came to penalties I thought Hearts would win.

Alan Main was outstanding for Gretna today as were most of the team

I'll Echo what LG has said.

Hearts could have been 2 or 3 up in the first half, but thesecond half and extra time was all Gretna. Gretna were solid at the back, but just lacked that bit of quality in front of goal, or it would have been a very different result. A very entertaining match all in all.

Heard it mentioned on the radio a couple of times that their were no losers today, and that is spot on. I've not had much time for Hearts this season, but respect to them for stepping back after receiving their medals and allowing Gretna to do a lap of the pitch, they were clapped and cheered by everyone, their own fans, the neutral fans who turned up to support them today and the entire Hearts following. They did themselves proud and proved they were there on merit.

I never realised how much I really do HATE nah, DESPISE greetna till that game. If I hear the f***in word plucky one more time :008:

Plucky :001: :015:

Glad to see little anti-Hearts feelings on here unlike what I experienced in the last week. I think Caley D summed it up best and if I could add what a great pleasure it was to be at a final with no Old Scum involved. No sectarian bile or arrogant swaggering Huns and Tattie Munchers. Hampden was just awash with a party atmosphere (for most of the time anyway except the 25/30 mins when Gretna took over the midfield). There was an absolutely huge sense of relief when Pospisil netted the fourth penalty. Then the place just errupted when Skelton hit the bar with his.

:party01:

Altogether now, "ALL HIBEES ARE GAYAYAY!!!!!!!"

Certainly the booing at full time was for the performance in the previous 25 minutes or so, but then booing at the end of extra time was largely at Dougie MacDonald's performance in the latter stages.

It's not often I get the chance to watch a match as a neutral (albeit I was supporting Gretna, but they aren't my team) and I have to say that I thought Dougie MacDonald did a decent job of refereeing the match.

As someone who can be quick to criticise officials, it's amazing the different perspective you get of the referee when your glasses are a little less tinted.

Of course, come the new season I'll be back to screaming at the ref again everytime an opposition player breathes on one of the ICT players - but for me, thats half the fun of going to the games. :016: