FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Plug for the BBC

Charles Bannerman

I'll just take this opportunity to summarise BBC coverage of ICT this weekend.

* Full match commentary from Kheredine Idessane and Brian Irvine on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands and on the internet wherever it's contractually allowed to be sourced.

* Open All Mics across Scotland (and I think on the web too?) on 103.5-105FM with Jim Spence.

* Sportscene with updates and full time report from Kenny MacIntyre on BBC1 Scotland from 4:30.

* Match report and reaction on Sports Report on all Radio Scotland frequencies at 6:30.

* Webcast from Kheredine and Brian. Should be up from early evening.

* Post match interviews from Kenny. Should also be on the internet from early evening.

* Internet highlights from whatever time tomorrow the contract allows it.

* TV highlights with Richard Gordon at 10:35 on Monday evening.

* I think I'll tune into Open All Mics from the dry and warmth of the Ross County press box this afternoon where I'll be compiling part of Moday morning's BBC Local sports bulletin. Local bulletins are on every morning at 0750 (and at various other times especially 0654, 1254 and 1654) on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands with ICT (and other) news every Monday and Friday plus other times when relevant.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

That's impressive. I really should start paying my licence fee.

Wait till you actually hear some of the sh1te they come out with before you decide :rotflmao: !!!

I'll just take this opportunity to summarise BBC coverage of ICT this weekend.

* Full match commentary from Kheredine Idessane and Brian Irvine on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands and on the internet wherever it's contractually allowed to be sourced.

* Open All Mics across Scotland (and I think on the web too?) on 103.5-105FM with Jim Spence.

* Sportscene with updates and full time report from Kenny MacIntyre on BBC1 Scotland from 4:30.

* Match report and reaction on Sports Report on all Radio Scotland frequencies at 6:30.

* Webcast from Kheredine and Brian. Should be up from early evening.

* Post match interviews from Kenny. Should also be on the internet from early evening.

* Internet highlights from whatever time tomorrow the contract allows it.

* TV highlights with Richard Gordon at 10:35 on Monday evening.

* I think I'll tune into Open All Mics from the dry and warmth of the Ross County press box this afternoon where I'll be compiling part of Moday morning's BBC Local sports bulletin. Local bulletins are on every morning at 0750 (and at various other times especially 0654, 1254 and 1654) on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands with ICT (and other) news every Monday and Friday plus other times when relevant.

Never mind that, have you done your marking? :rotflmao:

To be fair, in my opinion,Radio Scotland's coverage of domestic football thius season has been better than ever.

I would agree

From my point of view (ie. outside the UK), last year you could listen to a smattering of ICT games but when you came up against one that was blocked you had no option but to either listen to nothing at all or to listen to one of the other games (if there was one that was not blocked). Towards the end of last season, the open all mics service was extended from just the Scottish Cup to the SPL (and other featured games from the SFL) as a test. For some reason - presumably a question over media rights - it was also blocked outside the UK.

This year, we have the normal smattering of ICT games, but no matter what week it is, if the ICT game is blocked, you can listen to open all mics and hear the goals from all grounds as they happen without any blocking .... some weeks this is actually way more interesting than the live commentaries and I know before I turn on my computer that I will at least have audio of some description.

Incidentally - although we will try to post this at the start of the matchday thread each week, the URLs for audio remain pretty constant.

Open all mics always seems to be -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/sportsound/media/sportsound.ram
and live coverage from grounds always seems to be
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/sportsound/media/<team-name>.ram

Also the SPL summary video and individual game snippets on the BBC web-site are excellent for those overseas....

you are doing better than me if you can get those !!! I get the not available in your territory message

I'm glad that many of the desperate of the diasporate find themselves better served this season.

judging from some of the comments Richard Gordon has read out in recent weeks, there are a LOT of people who appreciate the new service.