FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tam Cowan Night - Dingwall

Save Our Staggies - the fundraising group behind Ross County FC - are holding an evening with Tam Cowan on Thursday 15th June in the National Hotel, Dingwall.

The evening will follow the England v Trinidad & Tobago match.

Tickets are priced £15 and go on sale from Thursday 25th May at Victoria Park Stadium.

The purpose of the evening is to raise £4000 so that Save Our Staggies can purchase new playing kits for all the Ross County youth teams for next season.

Even though it is a night for Ross County, fans of all other teams are invited !

Anyone fancy it ?

If you sell Rankin then you'll have an extra 50k to save your club

How u tinks have the audacity to arrange an event like this, acting like a charity when you have players that could quite easily be sold to make you money is beyond me!!

It's the sort of attitude that got Livi in such a mess

:008: :008:

If you sell Rankin then you'll have an extra 50k to save your club

How u tinks have the audacity to arrange an event like this, acting like a charity when you have players that could quite easily be sold to make you money is beyond me!!

It's the sort of attitude that got Livi in such a mess

:008: :008:

I don't quite follow your logic.

RCFC didn't pay a penny for John Rankin, and is seen as one of our best players - proven by the fact you and several other teams want him ! However what is wrong with trying to hold onto your better players ? With out decent players any club would slide back down the divisions and in turn would be worse off.

Save Our staggies is an indepentant association, and although we have a non-voting representative from Ross County on the committee this purely so that the two organisations can work together and not against each other.

However it is us who are trying to raise this £4000 for the kids teams, yes it helps the club, but at least it is a worth while cause.

We got a contact for Tam Cowan, and he was more than happy to help out with such a cause for which we are extremely greatful.

But to me this should be a great event, and not one soley aimed at County fans, so if you are interested in coming along tickets are available.

fair play to the RC supporters for trying to turn the 'fortunes' of the club around - I would far rather see them in the SPL than Ferranti-Meadowbank-Livingston Thistle

If you owe money and have the assets to sell and make that money, then you sell to pay the debt... simple!

ICT had to do it and even though it put a hold on our progress up the divisions we have managed to compete so why should exceptions be made for any other club.... even now we still strive to be self sufficient first and fore-most!

IMO trying to make money by disguising themselves as a charity is fraud

Harry, six of the strap for you, we are not questioning the merits of this venture, merely being asked if we want to go along for a bit of light entertainment, chill out, and bend over.

Guest Caleylad

sounds quite good.

would i be able to park or will the caravans take up to much room? it pains me to give money to the paupers over the bridge but i'll trick ma dad into buying me one that way i won't feel so bad.

Fair Play to to those involved in the "Save our Staggies" fund raising group for the energy and commitment they are putting in to help their club.

If people do not favour the event or the group/charity/organisation it is being run on behalf of then they don't have to support it - easy as that.

Harry, six of the strap for you, we are not questioning the merits of this venture, merely being asked if we want to go along for a bit of light entertainment, chill out, and bend over.

never thought you were that way inclined big man :016:

Don't get me wrong I don't want to see any scottish team in financial trouble even the tinks but don't agree with the ethics.... and Tam Cowan's a w@nk

If you owe money and have the assets to sell and make that money, then you sell to pay the debt... simple!

ICT had to do it and even though it put a hold on our progress up the divisions we have managed to compete so why should exceptions be made for any other club.... even now we still strive to be self sufficient first and fore-most!

IMO trying to make money by disguising themselves as a charity is fraud

We're not disgusing ourselves as a charity.

When we started out we had to raise funds simply to pay the players wages, since then things have changed a bit, and Roy McGregor eased the problems slightly.

But we are still hard up for cash, and what better way to help out the club, than to raise money for the youth teams.

Not all the cash we are raising is for the youth teams, this is a one off event for a particular cause.

In total so far SoS have handed over £18,000 to the football club, it may not sound a huge amount when you hear some of the money being banded about for players wages in other divisions etc. but that is around 60% of the funding County get from TV & League sponsors which will be missing next season for us. So it does do a lot to help out.

And as said above if you don't want to help, to go. I just thought some other people other than County fans might like to attend such an event, thats why I put it on here

Good luck with your efforts to raise money for your club TJE, you're bound to have a great night with TC. :021: