Parachute Payment

Kingsmills

Given that it might well be an issue at the end of the season if we carry on at this rate, what's the current level of the SPL parachute payment ?

I know that a few seasons back it was ?250.000 for the first year and ?125,000 for the second. Has it increased since then ?

Edited by Kingsmills

Seem to remember a total of a million being quoted when Pathetic Spittle went down.

Nowhere near that figure ... a million is what they said they would sue for because its what it cost them to build their extra stand or something like that.

I believe it is indeed 250K in season 1 and 125K in season 2 .... at least it was that amount in 2006. It may have increased a little with the new Setanta deal but I would be surprised if it is anything over 300/150K for seasons 1 & 2 at maximum.

and the rest, crowds of no more than about 1,800 paying not much more than half SPL prices as well as related reduction in commercial revenue. Also the sponsorship income from Clydesale Bank. In our case I bet that would be around ?1,400.000 in total only marginally offset by the parachute payment.