FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Falkirk : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

Your view on last nights game and what turned things around for us really scares me, tokelyisvictorious.

It scares me because if one person is capable of thinking like that then there's a chance that Brewster might be thinking the same thing and if that's the case then there's little to no hope for any progress under him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Vigurs was just about playing at Hastings level last night, absolutely woeful the pair of them. Vigurs was probably the main culprit for giving the ball away and misplacing passes. Hastings must sit out some games. He is getting worse by the game. Everytime we broke forward on the left, we had Dougie, I cannae beat the defender, Imrie looking for help, up popped Hastings and you knew that was the end of the move. Countless forays forward ended with Hastings standard ***** cross or hitting the nearest player to him. On the other flank earlier, we had Don, I cannae tackle, Cowie running around like a headless chicken and shirking tackles. He also missed a good chance to volley home in the first half. Fortunate goal as the ball bobbled around off the keeper and the bar but we just about deserved it for our endeavour in the second half.

Edited by themann4thejob

disappointing first half but that was because key players were not performing ie cowie, duncan and hastings, and not because brew was completely off with his team selection or tactics. I admit i wasn't particualrly happy with the 4-5-1 at the start, but Brew started with the exact same team that beat hibs (so far our best result of the season). IMO wood is not experienced enough yet to play up front on his own, he can't hold the ball for toffee, and thats what he is supposed to be doing as a lone striker. For a big boy, he doesn't offer much of a physical presence.

But credit to brewster for chanigng things at half time, and if that proves anything it should be that Roooooneeeey should start every game he can; he adds pace, finishing and awareness, all areas where wood lacks somewhat. Whether barrowman or imrie or wood partners him should be left for brew to find out, but he is now our joint top scorer despite only starting a couple of games so far.

Also, bring barry on more often. It pains me to see dougie swing pish cross after pish cross into the box. Their keeper was bad, but not that bad. All in all a point won and not two points lost.

BRING ON THE JAMBO's. a 2-0 win for us my prediction.

If Gary Wood is not experienced enough then what makes Adam Rooney more experienced?

Lets face it - Esson was the saviour at Hibs - Brew UNFORTUNATELY got lucky.

How long do we have to stand this nonsense.

:rotflmao:....... and I'm not biting.

Even the newspaers that I read thought the win was worthy !

Not casting - in the end we deserved it - read ma smileymometer - best game in ages - but our tactics early on were confusing - if Hibs had scored when they were in the ascendancy - well - but we scored and totally controlled it but Esson was the difference.

In the same way, if Higdon had put away that easy chance he had after he'd scored we'd have gone in 2 down at half time, and that'd been game over.

.....and then again if Barry had scored in the last minute, we'd have won !

In the same way, if Higdon had put away that easy chance he had after he'd scored we'd have gone in 2 down at half time, and that'd been game over.

Laws of physics.............for every negative ion there is a positive one.

Laws of physics.............for every negative ion there is a positive one.

yep it is a game of ifs and buts , the only thing that gets points on the board are the chances that do go in

When our players get their tails up they've shown how they can spray the passes around and make chances. So it's a bit disappointing if the management team show their lack of faith in the players by playing 4-5-1 at home because they reckon we're inferior to the opposition.

My point was.....Brewsters tactics could've (should've) seen us going in at HT 2 down, which we'd have found it very hard to have come back from. Yes, we managed to salvage a point, and maybe should've got all 3, but the point is, against a better team than Falkirk, we'd have been dead and buried by HT due to our managements tactics.