FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

I was not in the house during the game today smee, but do Celtic not broadcast these games on their own channels and they can be viewed on certain illegal sites.......p2p live streaming etc.

I caught a bit of the Hearts-Rangers game online before I went out on one of these channels

i think it was due to be shown on ppv on BT Vision today. I had completely forgotten about it. Someone posted it on the forum a few weeks back too.

i think it was due to be shown on ppv on BT Vision today.

It would not have been shown live at 3PM in the UK on any channel as that would break the UEFA blackout restrictions. Thats why you get games either before or after the 3-5pm saturday blackout period.

On further investigation..........it ISNT live on BT Vision! Its like BBC Alba, showing whole game later, but in a language all us good Scottish people understand

Edited by SMEE

WANDERER were you watching the game on BT Vision? If so...what is the deal with viewing the games? Do u pay for individual games etc?

Irish bar in Limassol, Cyprus. Everybody else was watching the England v All Blacks game!

It looked like an Arabic station. Think I'll head down there again for the Dundee Utd game.

:rotflmao:

It looked like an Arabic station. Think I'll head down there again for the Dundee Utd game.

I'm in Egypt and I get live SPL matches on ART (Arabic Radio & Television) Prime, ART3 and Libya Sports 2, with delayed matches also on al Jazeera Sport 2 and Kuwait Sport. Must be ridiculously cheap. No other western footie is on that much (mmm, maybe French).

o yeah, the match. Remind me of Celtic v Man Utd. Frustrated them but no way did we do anything going forward. One or two decent touches from Black and Imrie but that was it really. Celtic never looked like losing but our defending from deep was fine. Then again, when you lose a goal early, so what?

I need to see Maloneys goal again but from where I was he looked well offside. Like the rest of us the linesman was watching the ref expecting him to blow for a free kick.

All in all an excellent performance from us but no finishing power. People seemed to be frightened to move into the celtic box. Boruc was having one of his jittery days but we didnt put pressure on him. Cowie was never offside. In fact he took about three touches before the flag went up.

I need to see Maloneys goal again but from where I was he looked well offside. Like the rest of us the linesman was watching the ref expecting him to blow for a free kick.

All in all an excellent performance from us but no finishing power. People seemed to be frightened to move into the celtic box. Boruc was having one of his jittery days but we didnt put pressure on him. Cowie was never offside. In fact he took about three touches before the flag went up.

That's exactly how it looked to me too, Alex. It felt like we got to the edge of the box then attempted another pass instead of shooting countless times, although I'm sure it wasn't as often as it seemed. Definitely a lack of confidence in the final quarter. Brewster deserves credit for his tactics, though - I've never seen us play a patient passing game that well before and it seemed to frustrate Celtic. Duncan was absolutely superb, deserved MOTM, Black was also excellent and Imrie started very well but was less effective as the game went on.

Terrible crowd - officially it was 55,000, but there were at least 10,000 less than that and all as silent as the grave...

It would appear that he was onside and made a great run as the defence stood static hoping for offsides. There was a player further forward, but he was not interfering with play.

Unfortunately the ref appeared to get Cowie's break through the middle wrong as he looked onside as he sprinted clear on the halfway line.

BBC online has all the videos up now.

It would appear that he was onside and made a great run as the defence stood static hoping for offsides. There was a player further forward, but he was not interfering with play.

Unfortunately the ref appeared to get Cowie's break through the middle wrong as he looked onside as he sprinted clear on the halfway line.

BBC online has all the videos up now.

Yeah, looking at the Beeb highlights. I would say that both Maloney and the other chap were offside. They are all interfering with play if that are in a postition to receive a pass, I would say.

Cowie was also onside.

Celtic getting the best of the decisions? Surely not?

Nonetheless, cerditable performance, signifed by the fact that this thread is slow!

A win on Sat would be the canine testicle though.

Check again gordy. If you are saying Maloney was offside then I believe that to be incorrect. He makes the run just as the ball is kicked and seems to have timed it perfectly, therefore he is onside unfortunately for us.

Cowie as you say does look to be just onside though.

the celtic goal was onside, it was timed to perfection the run, however, i do seem to remember thinking we should have had a free kick just before they scored. cowie was also on side i think, but i need to have a look at the highlights to see it for sure. thought our midfield were superb, black and vigurs were spreading the passes about the park brilliantly. just unfortunate we couldn't score, but well played to the whole team.