FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Baz off to Livi?

Grabe

Heard tonight that Davie Hay (Barrys old boss) is interested in taking Donald Park and Barry as his assistant player manager after the sacking of there manager.

The major flaw in that plan is that Park has said on numerous occassions in the past he'd rather be an assistant manager!!

As for Barry a move to County would be a much more likely possibility espically now that they have sacked there No2 and another of there coaches is off to Australia in January

I agree with CD.

I think Barry would be sensible enough to do a bit more coaching through us rather than just lomp himself into a full-time managment job. Especially at such a troubled club.

+1

the signature highlighted on another thread should be enough to warn anyone from taking that job .... 11 managers in 5 years ????? when a manager leaves, the assistant often follows ! Barry isnt that dumb !!!

Barry isnt that dumb !!!

How dumb would he be to turn down a lucrative contract where he could show his ability and get some time in the shop window? Money talks. Barry knows this and as he has previously made the same move it wouldn't be such a big deal for him.

Livi on the other hand need a proven manager so I'd doubt they'd be after him.

Barry isnt that dumb !!!

How dumb would he be to turn down a lucrative contract where he could show his ability and get some time in the shop window? Money talks. Barry knows this and as he has previously made the same move it wouldn't be such a big deal for him.

Livi on the other hand need a proven manager so I'd doubt they'd be after him.

You may be right, and although not ideal, any step into the managerial/coaching side of the game may be welcomed.

I just think Barry is more sensible, and also that he is respected enough in the game (not only at ICT) to know that "safer" or more sensible options will present themselves sooner rather than later.

Maybe Davie Hay would like to take Mo Johnston off Toronto FC's hands ..........

I take it you dont rate him Scotty, its strange you see players Barry for example that you feel will turn into good managers, of course it doesnt always work out that way, however Mo never struck me as one that would have good managerial abilities.

I am on the fence with Mo but a lot of TFC supporters have lost patience with him.

He is a bit of a wheeler dealer in the internal MLS transfer market and with the rules over here - which dictate that MLS owns all the players, not the clubs - thats an art form. Just which type of "artist" Mo (or "Trader Mo" as he is known) is, is the subject of frequent debate.

Season 3 will be a make or break year for him as far as the fans are concerned (the board like him cos he makes money !). Toronto FC have some very high allocations in the MLS Draft meaning that they should be able to pick up some quality players to add to the squad, and the board of directors have given the green light for TFC to employ a "DP" (Designated Player). The current rumour is that Nuno Gomes from Benfica may be the choice but for now its only rumour. It could be an interesting season, but if Mo doesnt pull a few rabbits out of the hat, he may yet find himself at Livi when they sack the next manager !!!

I would be glad if Barry left the club.

I don't mean that in a bad way but the sooner he cuts his teeth the better and if he makes a few mistakes along the way then it wont be at ICT's expense.

Then the sooner he can come back as our manager which could be 5 to 10 years away.

Robbo prob as manager and Barry as player/assistant manager as long as Livvy can get their house in order.