FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russell Latapy

Hiro

Good luck to him - wld love to have a player with his ability in our team now.  Possibly the most gifted player we've ever had at the club in any capacity

Can't blame him for having the ambition to crack on with his own career as a manager and from reading that statement he enjoyed his time here and maybe one day he could see himself back here as a number 1. 

I'm not sure who Yogi has in mind as a number 2 but he could do a lot worse than looking at Barry Wilson IMO.  He's been doing a lot of media work recently but would be great to see him back working for the club. 

Edited by Harry Chibber

I'm not sure who Yogi has in mind as a number 2 but he could do a lot worse than looking at Barry Wilson IMO.  He's been doing a lot of media work recently but would be great to see him back working for the club. 

Brian Rice has been in the dugout the last two friendlies, I fully expect him to replace Latapy. 

Brian Rice has been in the dugout the last two friendlies, I fully expect him to replace Latapy. 

Good to know.  

Regardless of how good Latapy may or may not be his timing is atrocious just one week before our Euro debut. He had plenty of time after the Cup Final to contemplate this and quit. Like other posters i think this stinks. Good luck to him but I ain't shedding any tears. Time to get Foran more involved.

• Agree 1

Regardless of how good Latapy may or may not be his timing is atrocious just one week before our Euro debut. He had plenty of time after the Cup Final to contemplate this and quit. Like other posters i think this stinks. Good luck to him but I ain't shedding any tears. Time to get Foran more involved.

This is a very good point.  It's no secret that he wants to be a manager in his own right again, but why now?  He could've left on a high after the cup final, but instead left after our second pre-season friendly against Brora Rangers.  With no news that a club has come in for him, he's now left us (officially for the time being) without an assistant manager with a fortnight to go before one of most high profile games ever, to try and 'find another job'.  Sorry but.....what?!

Latapy played a role in the most successful season in our clubs history, how big a role only those behind the scenes will know. Hopefully the other coaches have learned enough from him to carry on the work he was doing.

Seems like he wants to be a manager in his own right rather than just an assistant. Can't fault a man for ambition.

Edited by AlexJones

This is a very good point.  It's no secret that he wants to be a manager in his own right again, but why now?  He could've left on a high after the cup final, but instead left after our second pre-season friendly against Brora Rangers.  With no news that a club has come in for him, he's now left us (officially for the time being) without an assistant manager with a fortnight to go before one of most high profile games ever, to try and 'find another job'.  Sorry but.....what?!

Playing devil's advocate because I, like everyone else, haven't a clue what went on behind the scenes but maybe the timing is because he wanted to wait about until Yogi had someone (Brian Rice) ready to replace him.

Some interesting comments on P & B from Falkirk fans regarding the departure of Latapy from Falkirk which left Hughes and Rice in charge. Not exactly reassuring. However, it's fair to say a significant number have been wrong about Hughes in general (myself included) so I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

Regardless, as many have said, this whole situation seems very odd indeed.

Well that is par for the course journalism. Probably a wee birdie told them.

As for Russell - he is a moving maverick and always will be - Pass the Duchy from the left hand side :rasta:

On a wee bit of a serious note - should we not be acknowledging that Hughes and Latapy have been by far the most successful Sneck Management EVER. Rice also has a proven pedigree and his only apparent flaw is his addictive personality. And that appears to have fecked up quite a few of his tenures - from what was said at the time Falkirk was a psrticularly bad example. But Hughes will have learned from that experience and Rice is literally drinking in his Last Chance saloon.

Mind you there is one professional around who could step in to provide the required therapeutic provision :hiding:

• Agree 2

GUys

Surely it was his chronic gambling issues that did him in and he was crawling around asking his pals to fund part of the losses to allow him to escape the jail forever in that foreign land.?

Never heard of a chronic drinking issue. Was there one ?

Truthfully I am now nervous that John has baled him out by allowing his heart to rule his head and that he will revert to kind which will precipitate another  crisis probably. That's all I need to say at this point.

Comments?

Heard earlier today that Latapy was asked to leave the club.  Don't know any more than that, but certainly goes along with the other rumour as to how Hughes was wanting Latapy's contract paid to him in full.  That wouldn't be happening had he resigned from the club on his own accord.