FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Meeting

CaleyD

The following statement has been released by the Supporters Trust Today

PRESS RELEASE ISSUED ON BEHALF OF

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE SUPPORTERS TRUST

30/12/08

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust to call an emergency meeting with ICT Shareholders

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust are to call an emergency meeting of our members next week with all club shareholders also invited to attend. This is in view of the crisis which we believe is now looming over our club.

The decision to call this meeting was finally prompted by the team's continuing string of poor results and performances.

"Clearly our results have been far from satisfactory and into the 2nd half of the season there are now real fears among our support that we could be facing relegation after five seasons in the SPL" said David Sutherland, Chairman of the Supporters Trust.

"But in addition to that, an increasing number of fans are also extremely unhappy about the manner of these performances.

The ICT board were unable to agree to our request to meet with them but a meeting between the two chairmen, although frank and friendly, did not reassure us that they shared our concerns."

Following an emergency meeting of the Supporters Trust Board last night (Monday) we have now decided to open the debate to our entire membership and have also decided to invite all shareholders of the club to this informal gathering.

THIS MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE AT FAIRWAYS

ON WEDNESDAY 7TH JANUARY 2009 AT 7.30PM

All Trust members and current shareholders are welcome to attend and Trust memberships will be available on the night for any current non member who wishes to contribute to this meeting.

The board of the Supporters Trust shares the concern of the club's fans about performances and results which now leave us avoiding bottom place in the SPL only by goal difference.

With the transfer window about to open we feel that it is vital that immediate action is taken to improve the situation at ICT.

Download Trust Membership Form - CLICK HERE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've added a link to the opening post with a downloadable (Word Format) Trust Membership Form for those who may wish to join the Trust and attend the meeting.

It's an unfortunate fact that Supporters Trusts have, historically, only come to the fore when clubs are in serious trouble and whilst we may not be facing any immediate financial oblivion or extinction it's not something any of us would relish. Only by acting now, and acting as far as possible as a strong and united entity can we hope to bring about the much needed changes at ICT and prevent the worst.

Many people have set aside their differences on here and come together to fight for what matters...ICT, and I urge all those same people to set aside any misgivings or differences they might have in connection with the trust, get yourself a form, join and add your voice.

I don't view this approach as an "instead of" to what people might choose to do on matchday, say on here or send in letters and e.mails to the club. We need to be pushing for what we want from as many different angles as we can and this is just taking things to a another front.

Glad to see the supporters organisation taking the steps in tandem with the wishes of the majority of fans, members or not. It is action like this that reminds us that we do have a voice inside that cannot be ignored. This, along with other methods of petitioning and protestation, should be in tandem. United we stand, divided we fall.

It's an unfortunate fact that Supporters Trusts have, historically, only come to the fore when clubs are in serious trouble and whilst we may not be facing any immediate financial oblivion or extinction it's not something any of us would relish. Only by acting now, and acting as far as possible as a strong and united entity can we hope to bring about the much needed changes at ICT and prevent the worst.

Many people have set aside their differences on here and come together to fight for what matters...ICT, and I urge all those same people to set aside any misgivings or differences they might have in connection with the trust, get yourself a form, join and add your voice.

I don't view this approach as an "instead of" to what people might choose to do on matchday, say on here or send in letters and e.mails to the club. We need to be pushing for what we want from as many different angles as we can and this is just taking things to a another front.

i think what you've said here's really important CD and i welcome your comments. hopefully others will see the benefits of being a bit organised, having a united front and most importantly of all - a voice.

sorry, couldnt resist this one, but looks like the Supporters Trust have now developed a set of

post-2-1230664902.jpg

hopefully, this will galvanize the supporters into a cohesive group and show the board that its not just an isolated band of internet whingers !!!

The whinger response is one I see trotted out (or thrown in my face) a fair bit and although it can be relevant or even accurate at times, based on our current pageviews, the number of new people registering, and the number of "new" posters who have actually been around for a long time but are ending their "lurker" status and posting for the first time to express their concerns, the board simply cannot continue to ignore the situation.

If they do continue to ignore it ....... the fans, and those shareholders who DO have the best interests of the club at heart will have no option but to call their suitability for the positions they occupy as an elected board into question.

I urge the board to ACT NOW instead of waiting for the inevitable confrontation that will occur if they continue to bury their heads in the sand.

I don't mean to be cynical but what does the supporters trust expect to get out of this meeting ... will the board sack Brewster on the back of it or is it just a way for the fans to vent their frustration.

Don't get me wrong I am keen to see some change ... but if the board has not taken any heed of the protests so far, are they likely to do anything following this meeting ??

The supporters trust has a 10% voting share (plus whatever other shares have been bought and or proxied to them) and whilst it is true that they can do nothing in terms of getting a majority on any vote if the board members and our biggest shareholder stick together in any vote, they can certainly make life uncomfortable if they (the board) continue to ignore the ever increasing band of fans who are voicing their displeasure.

Also - it is quite easy to write the website off as whingers as I mentioned above, but for the Supporters Trust to speak with the same voice gives legitimacy to all the concerns expressed on here, and all the concerns that may have been expressed to them by other elements of the support who dont come on here.

As Don said above - this is one time/area where the supporters must try to speak with one voice so it is heard LOUD and CLEAR and the Supporters Trust is the best way to do this. (Do you take PayPal ? - serious question)

I don't mean to be cynical but what does the supporters trust expect to get out of this meeting ... will the board sack Brewster on the back of it or is it just a way for the fans to vent their frustration.

Don't get me wrong I am keen to see some change ... but if the board has not taken any heed of the protests so far, are they likely to do anything following this meeting ??

You've gotta point Jinkystan...

The last one of these meetings I attended was (allegedly) for the board (+ Grassa) to get the Supporters Trust views on who should succeed CC as manager, when he resigned (with some dignity, I might add)

It became obvious very soon after that a deal had already been concluded to bring back Brew, and that the board's gesture was purely a PR exercise.

I can see this forthcoming meeting being another case of deja vu (again!)

And there probably won't even be a cup of tea on offer....

if any of the board are reading this and honestly believe that its a minority of supporters that want brewster out, may i suggest you take yourselves in amongst the supporters in the north and main stand on sunday and you'll very quickly find out that a huge majority have had it with brewster and want action NOW

The last one of these meetings I attended was (allegedly) for the board (+ Grassa) to get the Supporters Trust views on who should succeed CC as manager, when he resigned (with some dignity, I might add)

It became obvious very soon after that a deal had already been concluded to bring back Brew, and that the board's gesture was purely a PR exercise.

I dont see this being advertised as a "forum" where the club have been invited to sit at the top table. It is a Trust Members' meeting with shareholders being invited to attend in the audience. A totally different beast.

I dont see this being advertised as a "forum" where the club have been invited to sit at the top table. It is a Trust Members' meeting with shareholders being invited to attend in the audience. A totally different beast.

johnboy - you must have been away far far too long...

the meeting you speak about was not called by the supporters trust it was called by the football club organised by them and was to get 'all' fans views on what should happen - not just the trust board or trust members. the fc board as a whole have never met with the trust board as a whole. and you're right about things being a done deal at the time imvho i might add...

but think about it...

when brew left the first time round at the next fc agm who was most vitriolic in his condemnation of him - emabarrasingly so in fact?

and who's the man keeping him in a job now?

oh yea but he's a good guy - he bought some fans a drink once at an away game....

more to this than meets the eye as IHE has pointed out on numerous occasions.

as scotty says this is a totally different situation

and if you deign to appear we'll have tea...

the meeting you speak about was not called by the supporters trust it was called by the football club organised by them and was to get 'all' fans views on what should happen - not just the trust board or trust members. the fc board as a whole have never met with the trust board as a whole. and you're right about things being a done deal at the time imvho i might add...

but think about it...

when brew left the first time round at the next fc agm who was most vitriolic in his condemnation of him - emabarrasingly so in fact?

oh yea but he's a good guy - he bought some fans a drink once at an away game....

I'll be there Maimie.... No worries... and whatever you're serving on the night, I'm sure it'll be more than enough to satisfy me... :rotflmao:

but think about it...

I'll be there Maimie.... No worries... and whatever you're serving on the night, I'm sure it'll be more than enough to satisfy me... :rotflmao:

:thumb04: looking forward to it!