FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

it'll never work, it'll never work, it'l

Guest DRAGAN

the damage has been done. unless the board really think outside the box and get a really dynamic new manager in who can bring 2 or 3 influential players in quickly then i think we are doomed to relegation.

hamilton, falkirk and st mirren have all made good signings and are looking at some others. if the extent of the ict support extends to robbo then we are feckin doomed. look a what we have got to stave off relegation.

look at the attack minded players we have:

imrie - 3rd division standard at best

rooney - 1st div standard but potential

morais - starts well at every club and quickly fades al la hibs - 1st div standard

Barrowman - lazy 1st division standard

Woods - far too inconsistent

vigurs - has potential but not finished article

we will need at least 16 more points to have a chance of being safe so we need a serious goalscorer quickly.

We need someone really high profile to nurse us though this and someone that will really change the mindset to attacking football. if we are going down we should go down with all guns blazing.

i will give a categorical guarantee that if we go for smeone like Robbo we will go down.

the damage has been done. unless the board really think outside the box and get a really dynamic new manager in who can bring 2 or 3 influential players in quickly then i think we are doomed to relegation.

hamilton, falkirk and st mirren have all made good signings and are looking at some others. if the extent of the ict support extends to robbo then we are feckin doomed. look a what we have got to stave off relegation.

look at the attack minded players we have:

imrie - 3rd division standard at best

rooney - 1st div standard but potential

morais - starts well at every club and quickly fades al la hibs - 1st div standard

Barrowman - lazy 1st division standard

Woods - far too inconsistent

vigurs - has potential but not finished article

we will need at least 16 more points to have a chance of being safe so we need a serious goalscorer quickly.

We need someone really high profile to nurse us though this and someone that will really change the mindset to attacking football. if we are going down we should go down with all guns blazing.

i will give a categorical guarantee that if we go for smeone like Robbo we will go down.

You dont rate any off our attacking players then :rotflmao:

Edited by stevico1

i am absolutely confident in the players abilities to get us out of trouble. there is quality through the squad, not in huge amounts, but more than hamilton and possibly falkirk. with a new manager, they will all get a lift and hopefully win a ocuple of games, which is all we need at the moment.

agree that robbo isn't the way to go, brewster is the definitive example of what happens when you re-employ a manager. most of 'his' players have either left or are going to leave soon and i've never rated him as a man-manager. the only reason he wants a job is because he can't get any others.

i rate esson, tokely, munro, hastings, black, cowie, duncan and the jury is out on one or two others but we have not got a feckin clue in the last third. we havnt been an exciting side since Pele departed but we have been an efficient side at times.

we need a wind of (attacking) change. when were an attacking side i used to enjoy it even when we got beat 3-2 as long as we gave it a go

i am absolutely confident in the players abilities to get us out of trouble. there is quality through the squad, not in huge amounts, but more than hamilton and possibly falkirk. with a new manager, they will all get a lift and hopefully win a ocuple of games, which is all we need at the moment.

agree that robbo isn't the way to go, brewster is the definitive example of what happens when you re-employ a manager. most of 'his' players have either left or are going to leave soon and i've never rated him as a man-manager. the only reason he wants a job is because he can't get any others.

totally agree on robbo but we need a new mngt philosyphy based on entertainment

i rate esson, tokely, munro, hastings, black, cowie, duncan and the jury is out on one or two others but we have not got a feckin clue in the last third. we havnt been an exciting side since Pele departed but we have been an efficient side at times.

we need a wind of (attacking) change. when were an attacking side i used to enjoy it even when we got beat 3-2 as long as we gave it a go

totally agree on robbo but we need a new mngt philosyphy based on entertainment

We still have the midfield to play some serious attacking football - till the end of the season, at least - and as long as we can decide on a striker or two and stick with them, find a decent formation that's efficient and get that spirit back, there has to be hope. The utterly gut-wrenching, demoralising thing has been to see a side which always had fight and spirit and ran everything to the last fecking second and played for each other, to see the spirit leeched out of that and to see apathy and the wheels fall off after a goal was conceded. Some people have suspected from the start where the fault lay, many have come across recently and the suspected cause of the malaise has been removed.

The key question now is, who will the players best respond to, immediately, without any introductions? It sounds like the removal of the training regime alone will be a breath of fresh air, but of all the candidates who's going to get a point at Tynecastle? Robbo watches every home game - there's your caretaker.

I have every faith in the squad to go out there now and give it their all, and if reports on Brewster over-training them are true and they've not suffered that this week then it will become immediately apparent on Saturday when we see how much energy and fight the players take to the field with.

Throughout all of this I've stood by the opinion that we had (and still have) a capable squad who are better than what's been witnessed this season and if I'm honest, then provided we bring in a manager who has any kind of positive influence then I remain confident that we can see ourselves battle on to safety this season.

That's probably why I am leaning more towards someone like Robbo who knows many of the players and would instantly fuel the passion as opposed to a total "stranger" who might take a bit to get used to the players and the players to them and who doesn't understand what it is that makes ICT click.

Dragan you sound a bit like Brewster in terms of motivating players. We need the Shankly spirit and I for one believe that every single player we have is capable of raising their game when motivated to do so. They need support and respect and for 80 minutes at Hamilton on Saturday the Inverness crowds of old were evident in the chanting. The team we took to Parkhead when we won 3-1 was a team of grafters but also gifted with skills able to challenge the elite Celtic players. There is no doubt that if each one evaluates their skills and forgets this appalling Brewster and Thomson regime that they can produce the goods. We are still creating good chances and each and every player we have is capable of scoring. The ancient regime decided mass defence was the best form of attack but the best form of defence historically for this club was to attack. Every kid likes to pick up a ball run with it and score. The ancient regime seemed to make it impossible for the club to go forward. That regime is dead and buried. We all need to lay off the players and let them get back to normal. We definitely have the players to survive and whilst one or two quality players will help any team it is about realising potential.

Hastings and Cowie have been gash this season, is this down to poor management-i hope so.

You seem to have a short memory, did the attacking displays of Wyness/Dargo when they were on form not impress you?

Dragan it is great to have such an expert as yourself to keep us right. I am really happy that you can steer us away from the likes of Robbo when people who have worked with him are so wrong in their opinions.

Quotes from Daily Record article

"Robbo's name is linked with Inverness because he did so remarkably well there in his first stint and has a huge affinity with the club.

"He has a certain magic on the training ground where he seems to get the best out of players.

"The club will forever be indebted to him because he led them into the SPL and helped develop players like Barry Robson and Mark Brown who have gone on to bigger and better things.

"I don't think they could go for a better guy. John still lives in the area and would jump at the chance to make them safe."

Like I say great to have your expertise to rubbish these claims.

I think since the 4 new signings were made the squad looks in slightly better shape but we defnitely need another 3 or 4 signings with a striker being the top priority now.

I also think theres 2 or 3 players in our current squad who really need a reality check as to whether there SPL standard or not but i look forward to the final 12 days of the transfer market.

Edited by ajsict92

DRAGAN, fill your glass its obviously half empty

just a touch of realism from a long standing supporter who first watched caley 40 years ago.

honest appraisal is more important than blind loyalty and the emotional hysteria of the percieved wonder days of robbo.

I think since the 4 new signings were made the squad looks in slightly better shape but we defnitely need another 3 or 4 signings with a striker being the top priority now.

I also think theres 2 or 3 players in our current squad who really need a reality check as to whether there SPL standard or not but i look forward to the final 12 days of the transfer market.

Duncan, Proctor and Barrowman are the 3 i can think of.

As long as we get a couple of new players in soon, with at least one being a forward, then I think the squad is more than capable of beating relegation. A new manager coming in will also give the players a boot up the backside as they will be fighting for their place in the team, as well as their futures.

I'm starting to feel more optimistic since we have removed the source of the problems.

just a touch of realism from a long standing supporter who first watched caley 40 years ago.

honest appraisal is more important than blind loyalty and the emotional hysteria of the percieved wonder days of robbo.

I may not be quite as old as you but I watched Caley 35 years ago................................but only cos they were playing Thistle. Nowadays I like to be realistic and optimistic about Caledonian Thistle and there is more than enough quality there, with the right leadership, to stay up.

I may not be quite as old as you but I watched Caley 35 years ago................................but only cos they were playing Thistle. Nowadays I like to be realistic and optimistic about Caledonian Thistle and there is more than enough quality there, with the right leadership, to stay up.

Alex my allegiances were the opposite of yours, but now my beliefs are the same, no going to be easy but get the right leader in place and we will stay up

Nothing like optimism We're only bottom by one point with 16 games left, how can you be so sure we're going down? A lot can happen in 16 games y'know!

A ggod run like st midden had a month ago and we will be looking at it differently