FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I like the sound of Butcher being our manager. Malpas on his own would frighten the life out of me!

The great thing, for me, is that Butcher will scare the life out of certain players ... he is a fine motivator and instinctive manager and, above all, will be respected (unlike CB, I suspect). To give Malpas his due, he may not be naturally suited to management, but he is a more measured and proficient coach on the training ground. A good foil the pair of them, hopefully.

Malpas, who was considered a candidate in his own right only a matter of days ago, would offer a compromise solution whereby Butcher would have solid backing if otherwise occupied

This part worries me, hopefully the board will only have considered him if he is 100% committed,

I don't really have a problem if once in a blue moon he needs to do some Scotland stuff.

So you think the long term plan is that Tel keeps us up, and then Malpas takes over when Tel moves on at the end of the season?

Malpas, who was considered a candidate in his own right only a matter of days ago, would offer a compromise solution whereby Butcher would have solid backing if otherwise occupied

This part worries me, hopefully the board will only have considered him if he is 100% committed,

So you think the long term plan is that Tel keeps us up, and then Malpas takes over when Tel moves on at the end of the season?

Never crossed my mind until you mentioned it :rotflmao:

There are so many "ifs" and "buts" about this...

I get the impression that Butcher is insisting he gets to carry on with both his Scotland and Setanta jobs.

The board should be dictating, and laying down the terms and conditions of his employment - not him. Are they so in awe of the guy, and honoured that he has condescended to come to ICT, they are just going to let him call all the shots?

According to Grassa one of the criteria to be satisfied with this appointment was how badly the candidates wanted the job. With his (ludicrous) earnings from the Scotland job, and whatever he earns from Setanta, Butcher certainly didn't need this job. No one's going to convince me that he's always nursed some kind of secret ambition to manage ICT.

I'm not happy with this at all. It would have been so much better to have had Robbo in place - assisted by anyone such as Duncan Shearer, Bazza, CC, DP, etc... guys for whom Caley Thistle actually means something...

Edited by Johnboy

I get the impression that Butcher is insisting he gets to carry on with both his Scotland and Setanta jobs.

The board should be dictating, and laying down the terms and conditions of his employment - not him. Are they so in awe of the guy, and honoured that he has condescended to come to ICT, they are just going to let him call all the shots?

According to Grassa one of the criteria to be satisfied with this appointment was how badly the candidates wanted the job. With his (ludicrous) earnings from the Scotland job, and whatever he earns from Setanta, Butcher certainly didn't need this job. No one's going to convince me that he's always nursed some kind of secret ambition to manage ICT.

I'm not happy with this at all. It would have been so much better to have had Robbo in place - assisted by anyone such as Duncan Shearer, Bazza, CC, DP, etc... guys for whom Caley Thistle actually means something...

The only positive to be taken from Butcher calling the shots is you can guarantee he won't be told who to play and when...

Interesting point in the Sun article about Robbo and Wilson.

The news will come as a hammer blow to former Caley boss Robbo.

He was desperate to get back into the game and rejoin the club he managed between 2002 and 2004.

The ex-Hearts ace planned to take local legend Barry Wilson with him as his No2.

In his defence, Butcher has always said he dearly wants to get back into club football management, whether that depends the money on offer/team i dont know.

I would rather have had Robbo & Barry in to the end of the season. They know what the score is, Butcher is starting from scratch at a crucial stage of the season. And he has been sacked from a few jobs as well. His alleged assistant has not fared any better. But what do we know.

Whoever it is, we must get behind them.

Not sure about Butcher he did well enough at Fir Park but all his other managerial positions, particularly the last two, have ended in failure.

He was greatly aided in that job with players such as Stephen Pearson, McFadden breaking through at that time.

If you really think about it.... there's an awful lot of luck involved in football!!

Guest EdgeleyCT

I would rather have had Robbo & Barry in to the end of the season. They know what the score is, Butcher is starting from scratch at a crucial stage of the season. And he has been sacked from a few jobs as well. His alleged assistant has not fared any better. But what do we know.

Whoever it is, we must get behind them.

Absolutely... We do need to back whoever get the job! We're NOT going down.

lets hope he leaves a more favourable impression on us highlanders than the last butcher to roam these parts, butcher cumberland, and can get us sending the weegies and co home to think again and turn the tcs into the fortress it once was!