FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL players performance in the World Cup

Have you noticed that none have performed in an outstanding manner.

Larsson was ineffectve and ultimately was substituted. Zarkewski did a hustle or two but was also largely ineffective. Nakamura did not achieve too much in todays's game etc.There was an Aussie who plays in the Scottish first Division I think whose name escapes me but he was largely unseen for much of the game.

Which prompts the question in my mind...The standards here may be too high for the Scottish team to have any real hope of progressing past the  first round in 2010 --there just is too much elegance, finesse, pace and class on view every day. And just watching Ghanas first game performance of gleeful abandoned play which they obviously enjoyed so much was for me the best game so far for super football and drama.

So over to youse with your views. :004:

Larsson hasn't been substituted in any game as far as I know and has been one of the most intelligent players in the tournament so far IMO

Nakamura was the best player Japan had in their team and even though they didn't qualify they were brilliant to watch

Boruc has been compaired to Schmeichel

Prso again was one of Croatia's best players and although they played well they were in a very tough group didn't make it to the next round.

Gattuso excellent player still in the tournament

Moore been solid for Australia and still in the tournament

Van Bronkhurst is in a team that could win the tournament

Theobald... considering he has never made an appearance for Falkirk he was brilliant for T&T and in their last game Latapy and Jack showed they are no wipping boys

Zurawski was decent enuff when he got the ball but wasn't the best

Reyna.... well he was poor

all in all I think Scotland has had a reasonable representation

"The standards here may be too high for the Scottish team to have any real hope of progressing past the  first round in 2010"

And you accuse the English media of arrogance!!!  I'd reserve that statement until after you've qualified if I were you mate...  :016:

All these players mentioned play for other countries - why would how they perform have any impact on the Scottish National team?  :017:

Because this is the standard of player that our Scottish players in the national squad compete with week in week out

What has larrson got to do with scottish football he couldnt wait to get away.

Although I hate most things tainted by the OF Larrsson is one of the all time best players to play in the SPL and spent more seasons in the SPL than most Scottish players